mikeymissesher

late fiance visa approval

20 posts in this topic

i got the noa1 on may 12, 2008 and i am still waiting for noa2 and now its 12-29-08.....i filed at california svc. center and my fiance is in the philippines......has anyone else waited this long for an answer?

Hey you are on the same timeline as us! We've not heard anything either!!

Join us on 6months+ thread. It helps to know there are others in the same position. :star:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would contact your state senators. We filed with NOA1 date June 5th and just received NOA2 by email on 12/31. My state senators helped the most. About 2 weeks after them stepping in....we got an approval! So don't give up and stay on them about it! Good luck and hope you hear something soon!

OUR JOURNEY

MAY 30,2008-SENT I-129F TO VERMONT

JUNE 3, 2008-VSC RECEIVED PACKET

JUNE 5, 2008-NOA1

DEC 31-NOA2 RECEIVED VIA EMAIL

MARCH 10,2009-INTERVIEW....VISA APPROVED!!!

MARCH 21, 2009-FINALLY TOGETHER!!!

MAY 9, 2009-MR. & MRS.

JULY 2, 2009-AOS MAILED

JULY 9,2009-NOA (AOS,EAD,AP)

I would contact your state senators. We filed with NOA1 date June 5th and just received NOA2 by email on 12/31. My state senators helped the most. About 2 weeks after them stepping in....we got an approval! So don't give up and stay on them about it! Good luck and hope you hear something soon!

How did you contact your senator? by email, phone? We emailed 2 senators & one called to say he couldnt help & we never heard from the other!

Which senator was it, the US Senator or state Senator?

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmmm, I was wondering why it took so long for u to get an approval? In our case, my guy filed in the middle of d month of May 2008 at California service then got approved on Sept 29,2008...now i am here with him in Washington state. He visited me 3 times, and we started our relationship online on the late February 2004. We didn't even use attorney, we just did it ourselves by reading in this site. And we made it complete details and didn't get RFE. Thanks God and for this site anyway! Maybe there is still other documents needed with ur papers, and maybe they still review more of ur papers, hmmm hope the attorney will find a way for ur papers till u get approval. California service is a nice service for me because it just not took so one year till we got approved! I pray that u that this year u have notice approval! Don't lose hope there and I believe u will have it this year and be patient! God bless :innocent:

i got the noa1 on may 12, 2008 and i am still waiting for noa2 and now its 12-29-08.....i filed at california svc. center and my fiance is in the philippines......has anyone else waited this long for an answer?

johncelestemary

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Best thing to do before filing I129-f is try to read some helpful tips on what to do this petition and what are things to do and prepare, to avoid hassle and RFE...that is what we did to my fiance before we filed. Speaking of photo evidences it is advisable to put some captions or notes on the them even if it is penmanship written, then u must put some date on the photos if u remember? that is what my fiance did...then we included some our letters, itineraries of his visit, some hotel or vehicle receipts. Other include telephone bills, engagement ring receipts, but we didnt include those things, heh, thanks God we had get aprroved!

johncelestemary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.