neda20

Packet 3- Abu Dhabi

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I know alot of ppl. on this website have not applied to the Abu Dhabi consulate but if anyone has applied through there, Can they please let me know what documents do they require in packet 3?! I'm trying to get all the documents together before the packet arrives so we don't have to delay the process. (I have checked their website and they don't give any specific information)

Thank you!

When we received our packet it was three months prior to the scheduled interview date. Our appointment letter stated the interview date could not be re-scheduled and nothing was to be mailed to the embassy ahead of time, it was all to be brought to the embassy on the interview day.

Here is the list of things we were asked for in the packet:

-DS230I

-DS156 (in duplicate)

-DS157

-DS156k

(all forms should be sent in the packet)

-valid passport

-original birth certificate

- 2 color US passport style photographs

-divorce/death certificates

-evidence of relationship

-Police records from current residence plus all countries resided in since the age of 16

-court and prison records

-military records

-evidence of support (form I-130) and accompanying documents

-translations of all documents not in english

-medical examination (instructions for where and how to do this will be in the packet. It won't be necessary to do until you have received the packet)

-fees (there is a visa application fee that has to be paid prior to the interview. You will bring the receipt from the bank as proof of payment. There are instructions on how to do this in the packet)

I've basically just copied the requirements from the letter we received from the embassy. I don't think it's too much different from the other embassies.

I just posted an answer on a thread about how to obtain the police record in Dubai. It might also be helpful to read. I'm not sure which emirate you're in but if it's not Dubai I'm sure you can just call your police headquarters and ask about the procedure.

Police clearance Dubai

On a side note there were quite a few Iranians at the embassy the day we had our interview. They even allowed an Iranian-American petitioner who was waiting along with the rest of us to translate for another Iranian couple who were having trouble understanding the CO.

good luck and I hope this was helpful to you.

I just had another thought...

if you're able to get a copy of your (the beneficiary's) vaccination records that would be helpful. If it isn't something that you can get a hold of easily or don't have don't worry they will just give you the necessary shots during the medical. Of course it will cost more to have the shots...I want to say we paid about 500 dirhams including the shots but I can't really remember. I'm sure you can call one of the clinics and ask once you get the packet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply!!! I wanted to get the documents together so that we won't waste any time but I guess if we have to take it all with us to the interview, it won't matter.

My fiance lives in Iran actually. He already got a police certificate but I read on the embassy's website that they don't require police certificates for Iranian residents anymore...

Thank you for telling me about the vaccinations. I had a question about that too. My fiance has lost his vaccination records so I wasn't sure what he had to do. I'm glad he can just get the shots again there.

You were very helpfull! Thank you!

Edited by neda20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.