jbmail

Train Prices and schedules needed

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Can anyone tell me the following for a sleeper car on the below

Kherson to Kiev

Savastopel to Kiev

I need both trains to arrive in early morning in Kiev, if possible and approximate price

OR

Is there a website that is in ENGLISH???

Thanks again

Kherson to Kiev

Savastopel to Kiev

I need both trains to arrive in early morning in Kiev, if possible and approximate price

OR

Thanks again

hey...

i just got done living in ukraine (27 months) there are def. trains from sevastopol...they both get in at 11:20am though. (I didn't search very well). Your best bet (especially with an early flight) is to just get up there the night before. Transportation in Ukraine is REALLY unreliable...and it will take you awhile to get from the bus/train station out to Boryspil airport. Definitely wouldn't take any chances with a flight. I doubt a train from Sevastopol would cost you any more than $35-50 (and that would probably get you better than the lowest type of fare). Good luck, and if you need something else, just ask.

www.poezda.net (the train website for all former soviet states)

-Sarah

I just found this site that explains a lot about trains in Ukraine. I think it will answer a lot of your questions. Unfortunately, no internet purchase of train tickets is available. The site explains it.

Try this: http://www.tryukraine.com/info/transportation/trains.shtml

Timeline
I just found this site that explains a lot about trains in Ukraine. I think it will answer a lot of your questions. Unfortunately, no internet purchase of train tickets is available. The site explains it.

Try this: http://www.tryukraine.com/info/transportation/trains.shtml

Thanks for the train info, helps a lot. Happy New Year and peace and Love

J

There is a Kherson-Kiev train. It leaves on odd days of the month in the evening, and arrives at around 9am in Kiev, according to Vika. Seats can usually be purchased at the last minute, and cost $35-$40 each way, if I understand her comments. The same train returns on the even days.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
There is a Kherson-Kiev train. It leaves on odd days of the month in the evening, and arrives at around 9am in Kiev, according to Vika. Seats can usually be purchased at the last minute, and cost $35-$40 each way, if I understand her comments. The same train returns on the even days.

Brad, thanks for the info, but I have conflicting timetables And Sveta must find out the exact times,. or how can you make appts, for instance, if it arrives at 9am, then you will have to take a quick taxi to make your 9;30 appt at Medical or Embassy as there would be NO time for buses and waiting, so you see my point? and you must know the odd/even days, so when you call the Call Center , to know which day/ maybe its just confusing to be being here and let the girls figure it out, as it seems like I cannot help her from USA, with this train, bus and taxi part, at least

maybe its best to get there the DAY before and go from there?

be well,

J

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kherson to Kiev

Savastopel to Kiev

OR

Thanks again

Kherson to Odessa for first class this past summer was 130 hrynia.... I would expect around 250 hrivnia to Kiev....

There are several trains throughout the day. There is/was always a train from Kherson departing about 5:00PM for arrival in Kiev at about 5:00AM (you may have to change trains in Mikolaev). That was the only overnight option and was the one my wife used.

ETA: Just checked with my wife... She paid 118 hrynia for second class... The train she took was Kherson - Lvov (to Mikolaev) and changed to Mikolaev - Kiev.... Departed Kherson about 5:00PM

Sevastopol will require going through Simferopol first with a possible train change, and that train ride will be very near 24 hours in length

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

As someone previously said, trains very often do the odd/even day route. It's very easy to purchase tickets 'on the fly' and there are actually limits as to how early you can purchase a train ticket. I definitely DEFINITELY would not get in the morning of an interview, unless you were taking a taxi from Kherson to Kyiv. Your fiance should be able to get the number to the train station, especially if she is located in a big city. Don't bother making an appt. based on transportation, as it is extremely unreliable! Just get there a day in advance. (You have to get to the bank (ProCredit) early anyways to pay the interview fee). They do have appointments at different times of the day...but still, having to go to the bank in the morning, I would make sure you are there the night before. Apartments are very cheap to rent in Kyiv ($80/night) and they're nice. If you'd like a number (for an English speaking company I could give you one). Good luck!

Timeline

depends on when you do the medical as well, as it needs to be done on a separate day... you could take 2 days and get the medical done on day 1 and interview on day 2....

YMMV

Viktoria just took the train from Kherson to Kiev on December 14, for a medical exam on the 15th. I am sure that she said she was arriving after 8:00 in Kiev, and didn't say anything about a transfer. She will take the same train to meet me January 9th, and her train (Kherson-Kiev #102) arrives in Kiev at 9:20.

I would advise that she (and any one else) arrive the day before, and spend the night. I am using Kievrent on the advice of another VJ member that has used them many times. They will pick you up at the bus or train station, or airport, and rent you a flat. You can see apartments available at Kievrent.net. Also, lots of VJ members can give you numbers for drivers, etc. Arrival the day before is better because I am told that all interviews and exams start in the morning, although I just read different above.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

transfer required if you want to be there early enough so as not be required to do a two/three day trip... my wife could not do a long trip due to parental obligations

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Usually, there are 2 trains (winter schedule may be different): one arriving around 6:30 AM and one arriving at 9 AM.. Your fiance should be able to find it out at the train station. Taxi to Kiev is about 250-300$.. Another option is a train from Nikolaev + taxi from Kherson to Nikolaev..

Cool to see so many people from Kherson :P

Shortened timeline:
Oct 18, 2003 - 129F Package sent to VSC
Feb 18, 2004, 4PM Eastern Europian time - VISA IN HAND smile.png))
-------------------------------
JUNE 25, 2004 - We are MARRIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-------------------------------
01/19/05 - I-485 approved. CPR status granted!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------------
Jan 2007 - AOS - Permanent GC Holder
----------------------------------
March 24, 08 - NOA for naturalization
April 08, 08 - Biometrics
November 18, 2008 - Interview Notice for December 17, 08
December 17, 08 - Interview passed
January 14, 2009 - Oath

-------------------------

Jan 29, 2014 - NSC - NOA-1 - I-130 for husband's mom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.