Marie876

Let's Get Fine in 2009

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I had my second personal trainer session today...it went well. I'll try not to weigh myself anytime soon.

Thanks everyone.

Great! How is she/he? Mine doesn't even own a scale. Are you eating "clean"? Working out alone won't help.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I'm also trying to lose a lot by the time my SO comes here. I've been eating mostly natural food, trying to stay away from processed stuff. It's funny how after 2.5 weeks of eating natural stuff, processed food tastes weird.

This week, I finally dusted off the Wii Fit balance board and I've gotten on it twice so far... Now I need to increase the amount of time I'm staying on it.

Down about 8 lbs so far (since Jan 2). :dance:

My breakfasts & lunches tend to be the same every day: either avocado or boiled egg & cheese for breakfast. Salad with rotisserie chicken for lunch. My snacks consist of almonds, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds.

Dinner is where I bring in the variety. I've been cooking like never before! :wacko: Here are a few of the dinners I've made so far:

mint lamb steak & sauteed spinach: lamb marinated in lots of garlic & various seasonings, then baked. mint sauce made of mint, splenda, water, and vinegar, cooked until boiling, then cooled & served on top of lamb. spinach sauteed in extra virgin olive oil.

curry shrimp stir-fry: fresh shrimp sauteed with sliced red, orange, & green bell pepper & onion strips, sprinkled liberally with curry powder & other seasonings

Asian chicken drumettes: marinated in low-sodium soy sauce & teriyaki sauce, with various seasonings including orange peel. baked & sesame seeds sprinkled on top

stuffed mirliton: chayote (known in New O as mirliton) stuffed with turkey, shrimp, mozzarella, lime juice, garlic, shrimp, & various seasonings

blueberry chicken salad: celery, pickles, onion, garlic, mozzarella, ranch dressing, curry powder, boiled egg, chicken, and various seasonings. blueberries mixed in at the end.

beef parmesan & sauteed spinach: beef patties, cut in half, in tomato sauce, spicy salsa, & variuos seasonings, with parmesan melted on top. spinach sauteed in extra virgin olive oil

turkey neck soup: boiled turkey necks (2+ hrs) with diced tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, onion, garlic, & various seasonings (paprika, basil, thyme, rosemary, cilantro, parsley, oregano, & many more)

salmon fillet & mustard greens: marinated in lemon juice & olive oil & various seasonings. mustard greens boiled until tender, then seasoned

these dishes sound delish!

Just wanted to say congrats to everyone out there breaking a sweat in 2009. Reading this thread is so motivating!

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline
I finally got my Wii fit hooked up tonight - I was trying to do the balance test and my mother was chatting my head off - I ended up being told I have a physical age of 62 :cry: I have to redo that when she's not around, lol

Don't fret my dear, hopefully its not accurate. The best thing about it, is how quickly you can reverse your real age with just a few little changes. It's been awhile but I used realage.com and came out with a real age of 24. I'm not sure what questions the Wii fit asks; but you might compare? Did it give you tips on what to change? If not Real age will. Good luck!

Edited by brownnskinn

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I finally got my Wii fit hooked up tonight - I was trying to do the balance test and my mother was chatting my head off - I ended up being told I have a physical age of 62 :cry: I have to redo that when she's not around, lol

Don't fret my dear, hopefully its not accurate. The best thing about it, is how quickly you can reverse your real age with just a few little changes. It's been awhile but I used realage.com and came out with a real age of 24. I'm not sure what questions the Wii fit asks; but you might compare? Did it give you tips on what to change? If not Real age will. Good luck!

Thanks Brownskinn - I know it's not accurate, I just thought it was funny to share - The Wii fit doesn't ask questions - it does for your age, but then it weighs you, calculates your BMI, and then gives you some balance tests to determine your age. I will have to check out that site though, I like things like that, just for curiousity. I am not really looking to lose weight - I just need to tone, and I can definitely feel a difference when doing the Wii - due to a car accident, I definitely feel a difference left v. right in some activities, so I am looking to rebalance that.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Suz, i was like ok looks easy enough..ok yea right..i should have know cause i was a PT tech for yrs and used to asst patients with them..but let me tell u i forgoti used to work out 5 days a week back then..i'm so ashamed of my physical strength right now..i'm getting back to basics

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I had my second personal trainer session today...it went well. I'll try not to weigh myself anytime soon.

Thanks everyone.

Great! How is she/he? Mine doesn't even own a scale. Are you eating "clean"? Working out alone won't help.

Hey Brownnskinn :D I like the trainer alot....she's in the 40s with 5 kids...looks great. I wish I could afford her services on a weekly basis.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks everyone.

Hey Brownnskinn :D I like the trainer alot....she's in the 40s with 5 kids...looks great. I wish I could afford her services on a weekly basis.

Shem, same thing with my new trainer, she has 5 kids also, she's 47 looks 16 and sporting a 6 pack :angry: ...she says it's hard work. She's always joking that she wants some of my behind because after all these years she still can't grow one.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Thanks everyone.

Shem, same thing with my new trainer, she has 5 kids also, she's 47 looks 16 and sporting a 6 pack :angry: ...she says it's hard work. She's always joking that she wants some of my behind because after all these years she still can't grow one.

Is it expensive at your gym? Gold's Gym wants $675 for 18 sessions :blink: The price was better at my old gym.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks everyone.

Is it expensive at your gym? Gold's Gym wants $675 for 18 sessions :blink: The price was better at my old gym.

She charges $25/hr...she lives on Misch side of town, but she would meet me at the rec center where I live. Girl, she had me doing SQUATS outside and I know people were cracking up as the drove by cause you looking funny when you're doing them. It's working 6 weeks later and I'm feeling the tightness, I do the cross-trainer M/W/F and treadmill T/H on Sundays I take my Zumba class (which is starting to bore me now)...I'd rather dance to claypso or do the cha cha slide 10 times.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
$675 can i record her and then do it myself at home..LMAO

Right...Damien was watching everything but I don't like working out with him....he treats me like one of his boys :crying:

:rofl: I can see it now...we need to hook web cam and work out together.. :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Thanks everyone.

She charges $25/hr...she lives on Misch side of town, but she would meet me at the rec center where I live. Girl, she had me doing SQUATS outside and I know people were cracking up as the drove by cause you looking funny when you're doing them. It's working 6 weeks later and I'm feeling the tightness, I do the cross-trainer M/W/F and treadmill T/H on Sundays I take my Zumba class (which is starting to bore me now)...I'd rather dance to claypso or do the cha cha slide 10 times.

Zumba is boring???? I wish I can find one. They offer Latino dance class but it's too late in the evening.

6 weeks......Are your clothes feeling looser?

$675 can i record her and then do it myself at home..LMAO

Right...Damien was watching everything but I don't like working out with him....he treats me like one of his boys :crying:

:rofl: I can see it now...we need to hook web cam and work out together.. :lol:

:no: It ain't pretty...I cuss too much :whistle:

Edited by Shemmy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.