Marie876

Let's Get Fine in 2009

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shem, you definitely can't always go by what the scale says - because muscle weighs more than fat, and when you are working out you can actually gain but be more toned - When I lost the most weight, I stopped paying attention to my scale.

One of the attorneys I work with struggled with his weight for years - He was debating doing the surgery, but he decided to try this fat camp in NC - he went away back in the spring for a month, and has kept at it since he got back. He's lost well over 100 lbs so far, and looks incredible.

Thanks. I will stay away from scale for a little while. My skin is clearing up...great sign.

Kimmy - the kickboxing instructor is incredible..this little rocker chick...she makes the class fun. I have free two sessions with a personal trainer this week.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm also trying to lose a lot by the time my SO comes here. I've been eating mostly natural food, trying to stay away from processed stuff. It's funny how after 2.5 weeks of eating natural stuff, processed food tastes weird.

This week, I finally dusted off the Wii Fit balance board and I've gotten on it twice so far... Now I need to increase the amount of time I'm staying on it.

Down about 8 lbs so far (since Jan 2). :dance:

My breakfasts & lunches tend to be the same every day: either avocado or boiled egg & cheese for breakfast. Salad with rotisserie chicken for lunch. My snacks consist of almonds, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds.

Dinner is where I bring in the variety. I've been cooking like never before! :wacko: Here are a few of the dinners I've made so far:

mint lamb steak & sauteed spinach: lamb marinated in lots of garlic & various seasonings, then baked. mint sauce made of mint, splenda, water, and vinegar, cooked until boiling, then cooled & served on top of lamb. spinach sauteed in extra virgin olive oil.

curry shrimp stir-fry: fresh shrimp sauteed with sliced red, orange, & green bell pepper & onion strips, sprinkled liberally with curry powder & other seasonings

Asian chicken drumettes: marinated in low-sodium soy sauce & teriyaki sauce, with various seasonings including orange peel. baked & sesame seeds sprinkled on top

stuffed mirliton: chayote (known in New O as mirliton) stuffed with turkey, shrimp, mozzarella, lime juice, garlic, shrimp, & various seasonings

blueberry chicken salad: celery, pickles, onion, garlic, mozzarella, ranch dressing, curry powder, boiled egg, chicken, and various seasonings. blueberries mixed in at the end.

beef parmesan & sauteed spinach: beef patties, cut in half, in tomato sauce, spicy salsa, & variuos seasonings, with parmesan melted on top. spinach sauteed in extra virgin olive oil

turkey neck soup: boiled turkey necks (2+ hrs) with diced tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, onion, garlic, & various seasonings (paprika, basil, thyme, rosemary, cilantro, parsley, oregano, & many more)

salmon fillet & mustard greens: marinated in lemon juice & olive oil & various seasonings. mustard greens boiled until tender, then seasoned

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I finally got my Wii fit hooked up tonight - I was trying to do the balance test and my mother was chatting my head off - I ended up being told I have a physical age of 62 :cry: I have to redo that when she's not around, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I finally got my Wii fit hooked up tonight - I was trying to do the balance test and my mother was chatting my head off - I ended up being told I have a physical age of 62 :cry: I have to redo that when she's not around, lol

woowowoww !! :crying:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Yeah...it says that I'm 42!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Okay, so I've lost 10lbs in 4 weeks and GUESS WHERE.... :angry: my breast

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That really made me laugh out loud. Well, if you lose a lot in the bosom area, at least bras get cheaper.

Also, I quit taking the test to determine my Wii Fit Age. Who needs more depressing news after already seeing your weight & BMI.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

That really made me laugh out loud. Well, if you lose a lot in the bosom area, at least bras get cheaper.

Also, I quit taking the test to determine my Wii Fit Age. Who needs more depressing news after already seeing your weight & BMI.

LOL, I learned that the hard way - I will wait a few weeks and take it again! :devil:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, who cares if it says you're at a fit level of a 62 year-old or that what your BMI is. Just think that if you keep it up, next time you get on it, your number will be a lot lower, that's the incentive to keep doing it. :thumbs:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, who cares if it says you're at a fit level of a 62 year-old or that what your BMI is. Just think that if you keep it up, next time you get on it, your number will be a lot lower, that's the incentive to keep doing it. :thumbs:

Diana

nice Diana...ur inspiring :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Started my day with 45 min on the Wii - I cannot hula hoop to the right for some reason, lol- only to the left! But, I unlocked the 6 min hula hoop session today - and I love the stair stepper thingy in Wii fit, that was fun

Filed: Other Timeline
Shem, you definitely can't always go by what the scale says - because muscle weighs more than fat, and when you are working out you can actually gain but be more toned - When I lost the most weight, I stopped paying attention to my scale.

One of the attorneys I work with struggled with his weight for years - He was debating doing the surgery, but he decided to try this fat camp in NC - he went away back in the spring for a month, and has kept at it since he got back. He's lost well over 100 lbs so far, and looks incredible.

Congrats to you both. I agree, don't look at the scale- and actually muscle takes up less space than fat. For instance I have lost almost two dress sizes; but have gained weight. I figure at some point they occupy the same space, as you replace the fat with muscle, you gain weight; at least I have in my case. Eventually as your metabolism increases- you will start to burn more calories and start buring off the fat as well. from what I'm learning I don't it's a good idea to lose weight without gaining muscle at the same time or at least shortly afterward. It's the muscle mass that keeps your metabolisim ticking- plus, we women need the bone mass production or increase we get from lifting all those weights- later in life because as we age we tend to lose some...wheew that was a mouth full.

Anyways good luck!!!

miss you all

Diana

BMI is a joke.

oh my..it figures.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.