Afrilaskan Queen

What's next? Married 2 years I129 interview visa denial

41 posts in this topic

Wow, they know you have a real relationship but because of a typo you are awaiting a waiver. How long a wait are you talking? That must have been heart breaking, you sound resolute though and confident. I feel resolute we'll be together I just wish someone could say a date for anything, the sitting and waiting is painful. You know I too am white. I never thought of it as an issue, it was an nuetral party that thought it could have been an issue in our denial. It's pretty speculatory but I was just curious what you thought.

Hello Afrilaskan. (I like the name you chose) I can see from your post that you are really trying to make sense of a nonsense denial. I can tell you that even if USCIS gives you a reason for their choices, one is never 100% sure if it really is what they say. One thing I'd tell you, is that they do look at a bunch of factors in making their decision and not just one. Please, don't feel that your race alone is enough for a denial as they are used to working with a myriad of races when it comes to immigration. To me the "lack of proof of a relationship" is a bottomless pit that they ask you to fill in the hopes you fill it with the one thing they're looking for. Who knows what that one thing might be?

You did well in working with your Senator and attorney and perhaps if you posted your time line or story, some one here could identify with something and help you through that sticky portion. As for the name you chose, I'm thinking that you might be in Alaska. If you are, please let us know how he reacts to the whether once he reaches here. :innocent:

Hugs to ya

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you this is very helpful and encouraging! They must have taken measures for safety. I had no idea. I need to read more about this from some source.

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Timeline

Wow that's interesting - trying to make sense of a nonsense reason, I can't wait to tell my Husband that. Perplexed we were both stunned although it wasn't probably a smoothe interview. I don't think race would determine such a thing either - it just was a kind of out there question. Thanks for your hugs and making me laugh.

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nigeria is just like here. Safety depends on where you are and how well you blend in. I am white which makes me stand out more. I always went out of the neighborhood with others and I never wore any jewerly and rarely carried a purse. We got robbed but that was due to the car failing after dark in a bad place. It happens.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline

So that's so interesting and funny - visa hell. So you will split your time in Nigeria - is your family nervous about that? Thank you for sharing your experience. I really appreciate all this response!

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Timeline

I am going to look into the freedom of information claim to get access to the consular report, I didn't know that I could. I think I got it but the way it was given now I'm not so sure it was that actual report. Thanks for this it's most helpful!

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Timeline

My family knows I will do as I wish. My childern are all over 18 so they are ok with me having a life at last. The village is nice and serene which I like. He wants to come here and then we will work at how to best prepare for going back and forth. He will probably spend up to half the year there doing whatever it is he needs to and I will spend less time until I decide to retire. Later in life we will probably both spend over half the year there but come back here for yearly medical ( unless things over there change a lot ) and visitging family.If the war that is project to happen by 2025 breaks out then we will be here I guess until things settle down.

Marriage Dec 2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Wow Omoba, your serenity appears to be faith driven and determination and love. I am speechless.

Omoba is a very sweet woman and IMO she is full of knowledge and wisdom....one day very soon hopefully she will have her SO here with her (F) I wish you the best of luck with everything with your journey, and will keep you in my prayers (F)

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our tire blew out coming from the airport on this pitch dark street ( my second time in Nigeria) you couldn't see your hand in front of you it was sooooooo dark, cars passed us by and nobody stopped to help us we faced no danger.

We were left alone to solve our problem as many cars passed us by.

Even in America one could be robbed in their home or while walking down the street

I believe your man would protect you tho.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Timeline

Joseph did protect me as did the brothers that were with us. As I said it happens. There are places not too far from my house where I would not want a car to break down at night because of the risks of being robbed. After we manged to limp the car a to a safer spot ( near a police station ) we actually found a cab the not only put me in the cab but used a rope to tow the car about 15 miles home. In general Nigeria is nice. There are bad points and I am more of a target because of my skin color than a black person just because I am quickly picked out as a foreigner. If you look at safety articles about being mugged you will see that being a woman ups your muggability as does being someone that seems to be non local. I think that is fairly universal. Lagos is more crime prime due to it's size than other areas just like big cities in the US. It doesn't deter me from going there or alter my plans of spending part of each year there. I know many Nigerians get their visas and never even think of going home.

Marriage Dec 2009

Timeline

That is what I'm thinking, there is no where in the world that is completely safe. The first time I was in Nigeria friends were worried about the sex slave trade, also the kidnapping and ransom's. I know that my Husband wouldn't put me in harms way. It costs so much to live there too. Also someone else posted a lovely post about Omoba - I can see what you mean. Thank you for the comforting thoughts and experiences, it has lifted my spirits and there is a wealth of knowledge within this whole other world...

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Timeline

How and where do you learn to be safe and not a spectacle? Particularly when you're recognized as a foreigner? I agree the larger a city the more crime. I wonder why people have such a somewhat extreme view of Nigeria?

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
How and where do you learn to be safe and not a spectacle? Particularly when you're recognized as a foreigner? I agree the larger a city the more crime. I wonder why people have such a somewhat extreme view of Nigeria?

It takes time, walk with a purpose and confidence. Go out in a group. You will still be recognized as a foreigner but not so touristy

.......the extreme view of Nigeria has come through the media of 419 scams, these scams take place in many different countries.

Afrilaskan Queen welcome to visajourney......sorry to hear about the interview difficulties. Hope you are able to get a resolution via attorney or senator.

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.