babynursetobe

Married to a Nigerian and still together?

152 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:unsure:

Just keep your eyes wide and really wide open because, yes, there's a very very very high probability he'll leave you to marry in his tribe when all documents are in his hands. Yes, it's not a joke. HE WILL LEAVE YOU SOMEDAY TO GO BACK AND MARRY IN HIS TRIBE. I'M SORRY BUT I CAN'T BE ANY CLEARER. YES HE WILL LEAVE YOU WHEN HE GETS ALL HIS PAPERS.

------------> :blink:<------------

Good Job UNO!! Keeping your eyes wide open...really wide open :thumbs:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just keep your eyes wide and really wide open because, yes, there's a very very very high probability he'll leave you to marry in his tribe when all documents are in his hands. Yes, it's not a joke. HE WILL LEAVE YOU SOMEDAY TO GO BACK AND MARRY IN HIS TRIBE. I'M SORRY BUT I CAN'T BE ANY CLEARER. YES HE WILL LEAVE YOU WHEN HE GETS ALL HIS PAPERS.

WOW a brand new account to deliver such dire warnings. Scent fowl fecal matter

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

FORGIVE, the bitterness will do you no good. I'm so sorry you choose poorly, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are following the same path.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's so funny because ,come on REALLY who is going to believe someone who takes this approach to "warning", you can just hear the resentment, bitterness, anger and the inability to be rational and unbiased that LagosFraud1 has.

Edited by WhidbeyGirl

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Timeline

:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's so funny because ,come on REALLY who is going to believe someone who takes this approach to "warning", you can just hear the resentment, bitterness, anger and the inability to be rational and unbiased that LagosFraud1 has.

Makes one wonder if such a charming individual has better luck with American spouses or they just make everyone run run back home. Maybe the ex will log in under an account of rescuedFromHell2 :whistle:

Marriage Dec 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:unsure:

------------> :blink:<------------

Good Job UNO!! Keeping your eyes wide open...really wide open :thumbs:

You guys are killing me...

:rofl:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: Other Timeline

Makes one wonder if such a charming individual has better luck with American spouses or they just make everyone run run back home. Maybe the ex will log in under an account of rescuedFromHell2 :whistle:

Daaannnng, Sylvia!! this quote had me laughin my a$$ off :wow:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Boo-Boooooooooo, you know you wrong for all of dem head beats, LOL

{made me dizzy :wacko: }

I Am Uno!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am sorry Uno, I guess I did go alittle overboard :yes:

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

I am sorry Uno, I guess I did go alittle overboard :yes:

its all good in da hood "boo to tha damn boo"...hollllaaa :rofl:

I Am Uno!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes, American men do scam some women/men; but it's not the same as being

scamed by someone from another country. It's totally different, as is the onset of

learning of the scam. I believe I mentioned this before, If the persons whole intent

is to scam you; no matter how much you pray; how much you try to cater to them

or how much you bend over backwards it won't work.

My ex-husband had 2visa stamps in his passport both dates were 2002 with the last

one stamped in December 2002. I met him in Janurary 2003. Most Americans are

like me and don't know how to read a passport, then again we don't even think about

asking them to see there passport when we fly to their country. For me there wasen't

alot of information online in 2003 when I met him. I was learning as I went along.

I didn't know the passport showed their activity and attempts. And still today I have

not comfirmed that's what those stamps mean, but someone told me that's what it

means so I feel comfortable including that information.

Thru reading books and talkin to Nigerians I learned that once a man can take care

of a family they marry. Not necessarily for love but to reproduction of live. A first son

is suspose to very special. As far as I know I have the first son of a first son. But

that didn't stop his medical doctor father from walking out on him when he was just

3-weeks old. It didn't stop him from starting arguments, yelling and screaming and

abrusing me. It didn't stop him from leaving our dwelling and going and telling folks

that I was abrusing him and that I threw him out.

The short of a long story is, we run over to their Country and meet them; some even

marry on the first meeting; and don't really know them. The end result cost much

much more then then dealing with the American brotha man. We think that because

we bring them here that they will feel obligated to stay with us; well that simply isn't

the case. Many people become part of the necessary paperwork towards an approval

on a sponsored visa. If your alien is using you to get them into America; that's what

they going to do. Many married people do that just to get here. They don't respect

the immigration system or laws; and look for a way to beat the system. That's where

these lonely unknowingly innocent American people come in. Trust; for me, I was

thriving well on my own. Witnessed what it felt like to be used by an American man

and decided to go for a Alien. The depth of the experience of dealing with this Alien

has changed me for the rest of my life; being used by an American man has no

comparrison to being used by an Alien. This evil Alien man tried his best to ruin me as

a person, he attacked me at my job, where we lived, and even looked thru my

address book and called some of my friends asking them to help him by signing an

affidavit saying that I abrused him.

Most of you americans are saying why would he call YOUR friends, that's a question

I don't have an answer too. But I know he did, one of my friends comfirmed it right

after she received a call from him. One of my treasured jewelry peices came up missin

I'm tellin you all; it was nothing nice, this man was lookin out for himself and his

interest, not mine. He had one up on me tho, because he knew that I was merely part

of the paperwork for an approval on his visa; yes that's right; I got him out of Nigeria

but I thought WE were gonna have a happy long life together and he didn't hesitate to

tell me how we were gonna die old together every step of the way. I trusted him.

Just as alot of us that have been scammed do. I even told him of situations that I

heard about others being scammed. WE HAD A BOND. (so I thought )

I say with deep sincerity that many more will be scammed, because many times it's not

until you do the necessary paperwork and all that they start their ploy to end the

marriage. Some will even stay long enough to go thru most of their University training

before trying to get free of their sponsor so that they can marry their original wife, or

bring their choice. In many cases American were their choice to get them into the

country ( necessary , but considered part of the paperwork )

As I stated earlier, many will use Americans just to send them money; with no intentions

of coming here. They are the ones that usuallly tell you stories of being robbed, or car

being tolled or having a hospital bill.

The sad part is that if they get here into America; their own people that have been here

for years will help them manipulate you and American law. It's just like going to live in

another Country; you will be drawn to Americans if you should meet one, and you and

them would become friends. The American that has lived in that culture for some time

and knows the law will assist you the best they can.

Many Aliens use marriage as a tool to get here; and as sad as it is; we (lookin for love) Americans believe a lie; and file our paperwork or marry people that we want to be

with unknowing that they are scamming us.

I know one girl ( I won't say her name ) her and I was going thru the visa process\

around the same time; she now works for U.S.C.I.S. she told me that the feeling there

is that these Americans ask for their spouse to come; ( I reserve the rest of what she told me) this person was also scammed; she went to Nigeria and married a man that she met on the internet. He has since graduated with a Masters degree. She has told

me of how his family in Nigeria was involved in his deceit; or so she say she now believes that they were. She even went as far as to say that she would of never been\

able to get a man that fine in America as she was able to get in Nigeria. And that fine man used her. My ex-husband used me too. That's why I continue to tell my story

so that people will stop and think before thrusting themselves full speed.

NEVER EVER SEND A LOVE INTEREST ANY MONEY !!!!! LET HIM MANAGE HIM.

Edited by idocare

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Keep telling your story idocare. It is extremely important. If you can stop one person a year from being scammed your work is worth your blood sweat and tears you dedicate to this cause. Every experiences tragedy and set back. It would be a waste if we did not learn, grow and share to help others.

Unfortunately, at this part of the faze it is too late. They already have too much invested. Experienced criticism up the kazoo that they are just going to prove their family wrong.

I always like to ask the doubter to look within. If you were in a previous unhealthy relationship, then there is a great chance this one is too. We attract what we get in our lives. Not to say we deserve what we get, but take owner ship in how we failed ourselves by choosing something so risky.

Yes, American men do scam some women/men; but it's not the same as being

scamed by someone from another country. It's totally different, as is the onset of

learning of the scam. I believe I mentioned this before, If the persons whole intent

is to scam you; no matter how much you pray; how much you try to cater to them

or how much you bend over backwards it won't work.

My ex-husband had 2visa stamps in his passport both dates were 2002 with the last

one stamped in December 2002. I met him in Janurary 2003. Most Americans are

like me and don't know how to read a passport, then again we don't even think about

asking them to see there passport when we fly to their country. For me there wasen't

alot of information online in 2003 when I met him. I was learning as I went along.

I didn't know the passport showed their activity and attempts. And still today I have

not comfirmed that's what those stamps mean, but someone told me that's what it

means so I feel comfortable including that information.

Thru reading books and talkin to Nigerians I learned that once a man can take care

of a family they marry. Not necessarily for love but to reproduction of live. A first son

is suspose to very special. As far as I know I have the first son of a first son. But

that didn't stop his medical doctor father from walking out on him when he was just

3-weeks old. It didn't stop him from starting arguments, yelling and screaming and

abrusing me. It didn't stop him from leaving our dwelling and going and telling folks

that I was abrusing him and that I threw him out.

The short of a long story is, we run over to their Country and meet them; some even

marry on the first meeting; and don't really know them. The end result cost much

much more then then dealing with the American brotha man. We think that because

we bring them here that they will feel obligated to stay with us; well that simply isn't

the case. Many people become part of the necessary paperwork towards an approval

on a sponsored visa. If your alien is using you to get them into America; that's what

they going to do. Many married people do that just to get here. They don't respect

the immigration system or laws; and look for a way to beat the system. That's where

these lonely unknowingly innocent American people come in. Trust; for me, I was

thriving well on my own. Witnessed what it felt like to be used by an American man

and decided to go for a Alien. The depth of the experience of dealing with this Alien

has changed me for the rest of my life; being used by an American man has no

comparrison to being used by an Alien. This evil Alien man tried his best to ruin me as

a person, he attacked me at my job, where we lived, and even looked thru my

address book and called some of my friends asking them to help him by signing an

affidavit saying that I abrused him.

Most of you americans are saying why would he call YOUR friends, that's a question

I don't have an answer too. But I know he did, one of my friends comfirmed it right

after she received a call from him. One of my treasured jewelry peices came up missin

I'm tellin you all; it was nothing nice, this man was lookin out for himself and his

interest, not mine. He had one up on me tho, because he knew that I was merely part

of the paperwork for an approval on his visa; yes that's right; I got him out of Nigeria

but I thought WE were gonna have a happy long life together and he didn't hesitate to

tell me how we were gonna die old together every step of the way. I trusted him.

Just as alot of us that have been scammed do. I even told him of situations that I

heard about others being scammed. WE HAD A BOND. (so I thought )

I say with deep sincerity that many more will be scammed, because many times it's not

until you do the necessary paperwork and all that they start their ploy to end the

marriage. Some will even stay long enough to go thru most of their University training

before trying to get free of their sponsor so that they can marry their original wife, or

bring their choice. In many cases American were their choice to get them into the

country ( necessary , but considered part of the paperwork )

As I stated earlier, many will use Americans just to send them money; with no intentions

of coming here. They are the ones that usuallly tell you stories of being robbed, or car

being tolled or having a hospital bill.

The sad part is that if they get here into America; their own people that have been here

for years will help them manipulate you and American law. It's just like going to live in

another Country; you will be drawn to Americans if you should meet one, and you and

them would become friends. The American that has lived in that culture for some time

and knows the law will assist you the best they can.

Many Aliens use marriage as a tool to get here; and as sad as it is; we (lookin for love) Americans believe a lie; and file our paperwork or marry people that we want to be

with unknowing that they are scamming us.

I know one girl ( I won't say her name ) her and I was going thru the visa process\

around the same time; she now works for U.S.C.I.S. she told me that the feeling there

is that these Americans ask for their spouse to come; ( I reserve the rest of what she told me) this person was also scammed; she went to Nigeria and married a man that she met on the internet. He has since graduated with a Masters degree. She has told

me of how his family in Nigeria was involved in his deceit; or so she say she now believes that they were. She even went as far as to say that she would of never been\

able to get a man that fine in America as she was able to get in Nigeria. And that fine man used her. My ex-husband used me too. That's why I continue to tell my story

so that people will stop and think before thrusting themselves full speed.

NEVER EVER SEND A LOVE INTEREST ANY MONEY !!!!! LET HIM MANAGE HIM.

Edited by MrsJibowu

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Yes Idocare does return on occasion to remind us all to keep our eyes open. She does so openly and honestly , Unlike the new account that posted earlier. Some people fall in love for the wrong reasons. I know of more than one woman that fell victim to romance scams, the ones where they "meet" a white model/engineer/business owner that travels to Africa and has a string of misfortune that requires them to send money. And then low and behold the man fesses up to being a Nigerian. And they are still in love. They still travel , They still petition for the man to join them here. And they will not listen to any hint of there being anything odd about the relationship. I don't even want to think of where that relationship will end up if they are successful in the visa.

On the other hand, I was involved years ago with a man that got caught by the drug bug and he turned into a man that held nothing holy. My first real confirmation was missing jewelry. It is water under the bridge now. He left under the influence of a restraining order. And yes he was American.

It takes time to get to know someone. To know their family , their values, their personality. They can act for periods of time on the phone , the net. You have to investigate what you are heading into. You should study their cultures and history because if isn't close to what we have here. While I was in Nigeria last time the man next door was anxiously waiting the investigators report on the family of a girl he had been seeing. It is common there when you are getting serious to pay a private investigator to look into the past of the family. Nigerians strongly believe that it shows how you where raised. If your family has a bad past you are not going to marry into a good family there. When I inquired about the practice I was told by one of Josephs brothers that they had done that for a girl they had dated for years and dropped her because of an uncle that had issues. The girl herself had a masters degree and seemed very respectable but this uncle was ruining her chances of a good marriage. If your man is raised with this idea and comes here and learns of bad apples in your family it might give him second thoughts. Combining cultures is not easy, and many won't make it. Some will come for the wrong reasons , some just rush into being married. Hopefully we have all given our relationships the proper amount of caution before we invest the time and money that this process costs.

Marriage Dec 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.