snowmans

decision will me mailed to you on my paper

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I had myi nterview back in september in new york city for my USA Citizenship. before I keft the officer handed me the form it said decision will be mailed to you. It has been 3 months since that! I heard they can take 120 days. but what if they pass the 120 days do they actually pass the 120 days? has this happened to you guys or anyone you know? can you help me out?

Probably pending the outcome of the FBI name check.

I had myi nterview back in september in new york city for my USA Citizenship. before I keft the officer handed me the form it said decision will be mailed to you. It has been 3 months since that! I heard they can take 120 days. but what if they pass the 120 days do they actually pass the 120 days? has this happened to you guys or anyone you know? can you help me out?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

namecheck was cleared thats why I got the interview now they are going to send the file to the supervisor but its been 3 months already im waiting :hehe:

namecheck was cleared thats why I got the interview now they are going to send the file to the supervisor but its been 3 months already im waiting :hehe:

Ah, I see. Was there a question on your continuous presence eligibility?

"diaddie mermaid"

Yes, the law stipulates that they can take up to but no more than 120 days to make a decision.

"diaddie mermaid"

Yes, the law stipulates that they can take up to but no more than 120 days to make a decision.

yes I stayed a trip more then 6 months but had proof of the things that i didnt abadon the usa i showed tax rent and documents such as the ones they ask you for when they say prove you kept ties with the states. please help me understand why they make me wait so long what if they dont tell me in 120 days?

If no decision is made within the 120 days then you could file a Writ of Mandamus compelling the Service to make a decision.

yes I stayed a trip more then 6 months but had proof of the things that i didnt abadon the usa i showed tax rent and documents such as the ones they ask you for when they say prove you kept ties with the states. please help me understand why they make me wait so long what if they dont tell me in 120 days?

"diaddie mermaid"

If no decision is made within the 120 days then you could file a Writ of Mandamus compelling the Service to make a decision.

well do they take more then 120 usually?

Considering the vast number of applications submitted by permanent residents interested in acquisition of US citizenship each year, no, not usually, but I am sure there are cases that fall outside the 120 day window. That's where the applicant would have a right to file the writ to force USCIS to take action on the file.

well do they take more then 120 usually?

"diaddie mermaid"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wife talked to her friend, Christmas, she had her interview a year ago in Chicago, passed and is still waiting. About 3-4 months ago, I composed a letter for her to her senator, guess who, Obama, he was no where around Illinois, and she never got a reply, really up the creek now, because no high bidders for that seat. Told her about that 120 day thing and going to court, she is afraid to do that, so I guess she will just have to wait.

Strange, she was always about a year ahead of us, and was help to us with her experiences. Wife was told she should get her final decision and oath letter in the mail within two weeks of her interview in St. Paul, I let four weeks passed, then got Sen. Feingold on their backs, they misplaced her file, sent a letter of apology, and scheduled her oath ceremony within three days from the time I made my inquiry. Asked about my wife's friend USC husband, seems like he is afraid of the government and doesn't want to do anything either.

Another suggestion is to hire an attorney to make that inquiry for you, suppose I could draft another letter for my wife's congressman also as a choice, but learned that my senator is far more aggressive than my congressman, can be the other way around.

Wife talked to her friend, Christmas, she had her interview a year ago in Chicago, passed and is still waiting. About 3-4 months ago, I composed a letter for her to her senator, guess who, Obama, he was no where around Illinois, and she never got a reply, really up the creek now, because no high bidders for that seat. Told her about that 120 day thing and going to court, she is afraid to do that, so I guess she will just have to wait.

Strange, she was always about a year ahead of us, and was help to us with her experiences. Wife was told she should get her final decision and oath letter in the mail within two weeks of her interview in St. Paul, I let four weeks passed, then got Sen. Feingold on their backs, they misplaced her file, sent a letter of apology, and scheduled her oath ceremony within three days from the time I made my inquiry. Asked about my wife's friend USC husband, seems like he is afraid of the government and doesn't want to do anything either.

Another suggestion is to hire an attorney to make that inquiry for you, suppose I could draft another letter for my wife's congressman also as a choice, but learned that my senator is far more aggressive than my congressman, can be the other way around.

it has been 90 days though they claim i have to wait 120 days i think they r lying

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Could be as simple as going to your Congressman and asking them to send an inquiry on your behalf. That usually speeds things up

Shortened timeline:
Oct 18, 2003 - 129F Package sent to VSC
Feb 18, 2004, 4PM Eastern Europian time - VISA IN HAND smile.png))
-------------------------------
JUNE 25, 2004 - We are MARRIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-------------------------------
01/19/05 - I-485 approved. CPR status granted!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------------
Jan 2007 - AOS - Permanent GC Holder
----------------------------------
March 24, 08 - NOA for naturalization
April 08, 08 - Biometrics
November 18, 2008 - Interview Notice for December 17, 08
December 17, 08 - Interview passed
January 14, 2009 - Oath

-------------------------

Jan 29, 2014 - NSC - NOA-1 - I-130 for husband's mom

It depends on the case.

FBI namecheck is done before interview schedule.

So most of holding point after interview is administrative process.

Some cases, they just forget something from your file.

Such as signature or something like that.

Or waiting queue for oath ceremony.

Wait for 120 days, then contact your congress man to see what's holding your case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.