Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Those that were approved pending additional documents:

I have a friend who interviewed out of London for K-1 on May 22nd. She was issued a 221(g) for co-sponsor I-134. She was told by the interviewer that they are awaiting her forms, that's all, nothing about being approved or anything like that. Her fiance called DOS to find out, and he was told that her case is under processing, last updated May 22nd (they day of her interview). Does this mean she is under Admin Processing? Or does this mean that they are waiting on her required documents? If she is under Admin Processing, would her case be updating after May 22nd? Or is it safe to think that her case has just been suspended due to her pending documents and that the words "under processing" don't mean she is under Admin Processing? I guess her fiance should call DOS and ask outright if she is under background checks in Washington or whether they are ONLY waiting for her co-sponsor documents, but if anyone can share a similar experience, please do!!!

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can anyone tell me how long the delay might be if paperwork is missing on the day of the interview?

I'm not 100% sure we have everythin in order on the sponsorship side of things and we may need co-sponsor. We won't be able to get it sorted before the interview though.

If they ask for co-sponsor on the day and mark my petition as pending how long might I be waiting (subject to my having paperwork ready for them within say 1 week)

Aww, thanks for the well wishes, Chris and Julie and Moira! Fortunately, my Honey is as cool as a cucumber, while I'm the one bouncing off the walls here in SoCal! It's our usual dynamic - he's like the Camie Whisperer, that guy. :lol:

Cool to see us finally on the grid. LOL! Thank you, MARM (F)

congrats and good luck camie!

Timeline
Those that were approved pending additional documents:

I have a friend who interviewed out of London for K-1 on May 22nd. She was issued a 221(g) for co-sponsor I-134. She was told by the interviewer that they are awaiting her forms, that's all, nothing about being approved or anything like that. Her fiance called DOS to find out, and he was told that her case is under processing, last updated May 22nd (they day of her interview). Does this mean she is under Admin Processing? Or does this mean that they are waiting on her required documents? If she is under Admin Processing, would her case be updating after May 22nd? Or is it safe to think that her case has just been suspended due to her pending documents and that the words "under processing" don't mean she is under Admin Processing? I guess her fiance should call DOS and ask outright if she is under background checks in Washington or whether they are ONLY waiting for her co-sponsor documents, but if anyone can share a similar experience, please do!!!

when you ring DOS they will say that you are in AP, admin processing. yes i panicked when i heard that too. it just means they are waiting for the forms. when your friend was interviewed and she received the blue form, which part of the 221g was ticked, if its the first paragraph, then its safe to say just hand in the forms, if its the second paragraph then its the bad AP, the one that can take anything from 1 day to 1 year to sort out as they do background checks and so forth. i however asked the lady if i was approved, she said yes. maybe your friend should have asked there and then..

Edited by prima and jay
4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

when you ring DOS they will say that you are in AP, admin processing. yes i panicked when i heard that too. it just means they are waiting for the forms. when your friend was interviewed and she received the blue form, which part of the 221g was ticked, if its the first paragraph, then its safe to say just hand in the forms, if its the second paragraph then its the bad AP, the one that can take anything from 1 day to 1 year to sort out as they do background checks and so forth. i however asked the lady if i was approved, she said yes. maybe your friend should have asked there and then..

She received the blue form and the first paragraph was the only one that was ticked, not the second one. Which reminded me to double check my fiance's 221g form as well, and his too, just the first paragraph ticked (for passport), not the second one. So I guess the DOS people mean that the case is "pending/processing" not AP when documents are pending. Thanks so much, it was a relief to her (and me, for that matter, as I double-checked my fiance's 221g form to make sure it was just the first paragraph that was ticked). Thanks! :star:

Marm, I see on your time line it says receiving passport back 5th June, how do you know that?

The long and winding road,,,,,,

03/03/04 - I-129F received at VSC

08/03/04 - Date of NOA1

24/04/04 - Approval online email (46 day35 Business day

28/04/04 - Received NOA2 by mail

03/05/04 - NVC fowards petition to London Embassy

14/05/04 - Received Packet 3

26/05/04 - Received Packet 4

01/06/04 - Interview @ London Embassy

01/06/04 - WAS APPROVED FOR VISA!

02/06/04 - Passport inclusive of visa delivered

13/06/04 - Here in the US of A!

31/07/04 - Officially engaged!

28/08/04 - Married

30/08/04 - Filed AOS, EAD, sent via Fed-Ex

02/09/04 - Applied for SSN in married name

10/09/04 - SSN arrives

08/09/04 - NOA for EAD & AOS

30/09/04 - Biometics & Fingerprinting Appointment

10/11/04 - Received approval via email for EAD

13/11/04 - Very happily blessed in Florida with Family present - special day!

16/11/04 - EAD arrives in post

01/03/05 - Posted AP

24/03/05 - NOA1 of AP

20/05/05 - Advance Parole arrived

19/09/05 - Case transferred to CSC

08/11/05 - Approved for AOS at CSC

12/11/05 - Welcome to america letter arrives!

15/11/05 - Green Card Arrives

REMOVE CONDITIONS

07/08/07 - Applied to Vermont for 2 years conditions removed I-751

22/08/07 - Check cashed

23/08/07 - Received I-797 Notice of action in post

04/09/07 - NOA Date

02/10/07 - Biometrics

02/10/07 - Touched- checked at 6:45 PM

03/10/07 - Touched

28/03/08 - Received Email - 10 Year green card approved

CITIZENSHIP

11/08/08 - Sent N-400 application to become a citizen to VERMONT

16/08/08 - Cheque cashed by Vermont

18/08/08 - NOA1 N-400

17/09/08 - Biometrics

09/12/08 - Interview and oath taken at newark

DONE!

Marm, I see on your time line it says receiving passport back 5th June, how do you know that?

We are receiving the passport back from the UKHO, not the embassy by the deadline of June 05, according to the UKHO. After we get it back, we send it to the embassy for the K-1 visa.

Can anyone tell me how long the delay might be if paperwork is missing on the day of the interview?

I'm not 100% sure we have everythin in order on the sponsorship side of things and we may need co-sponsor. We won't be able to get it sorted before the interview though.

If they ask for co-sponsor on the day and mark my petition as pending how long might I be waiting (subject to my having paperwork ready for them within say 1 week)

From you having all the paperwork it takes a few days for the courier to collect it from you after you call them.

When it arrives at the Embassy it processes 1-2weeks if all i order, sometimes quicker.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Aww, thanks for the well wishes, Chris and Julie and Moira! Fortunately, my Honey is as cool as a cucumber, while I'm the one bouncing off the walls here in SoCal! It's our usual dynamic - he's like the Camie Whisperer, that guy. :lol:

Cool to see us finally on the grid. LOL! Thank you, MARM (F)

Same for us too. I always feel much more obsessive about the whole thing than he seems to be. Then he showed me this nice 3 ring binder he's been quietly gathering lots of things into. Made me feel so much better in just 3 seconds.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I'm the obsessive one who tells him everything he needs to know about immigration (in dummy terms) and then he repeats it back to the Americans as though he researched it. :whistle:

It'll soon be a new year and there will hopefully be a new wave of approvals. Don't forget to let us know when you have an interview date.

So to start off the 2009 thread:

January 2009 Interviews

Marie620.........................CR1.................................12th January 2009

Jason&Sarah...................K1...................................13th January 2009

Hannah+Vito ..................K1...................................13th January 2009

Mrssmith & daughter......CR1..................................14th January 2009

Good luck everyone!!

Here is a link to the 2008 Interview Thread

My Husband Eddy.......................CR1.......................3oth June 2009

YAY

Timeline

We are receiving the passport back from the UKHO, not the embassy by the deadline of June 05, according to the UKHO. After we get it back, we send it to the embassy for the K-1 visa.

marm, i totally know how you feel i dont like to be blindsided by things i could have prevented... so you were right to ask. I'm here going out of my tiny, overactive mind, because i'm like enough with the waiting already. nonetheless we have all the papers collected, and i'll be recieving them sometime this or next week. still have a question about id for the i-134 though, rang DOS she seems to think the ssn card and driving licence would be ok. though she sounded nice, she didnt seem like an expert on immigration rules and such. i'm not crossing my fingers, i'm gonna dot the i's and cross the t's he is just going to have to get a birth cert and fax it to me. they dont need originals? am i correct?

Edited by prima and jay
4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

marm, i totally know how you feel i dont like to be blindsided by things i could have prevented... so you were right to ask. I'm here going out of my tiny, overactive mind, because i'm like enough with the waiting already. nonetheless we have all the papers collected, and i'll be recieving them sometime this or next week. still have a question about id for the i-134 though, rang DOS she seems to think the ssn card and driving licence would be ok. though she sounded nice, she didnt seem like an expert on immigration rules and such. i'm not crossing my fingers, i'm gonna dot the i's and cross the t's he is just going to have to get a birth cert and fax it to me. they dont need originals? am i correct?

You are right, they don't need originals of the birth cert. Copies are just fine...also if it is easier for the co-sponsor, you can also include a copy of his bio page of his American passport as proof that he is a USC. Hope we both hear good news in the next two weeks, keep me updated! :thumbs:

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam,

29th May 2009...Bob and Patricia.............K-1

June 2009 Interviews
1st June 2009....JimandChristy................K-1
1st June 2009....krystiandjon...................K-1
4th June 2009....Nik+Heather..................K-1
8th June 2009....John and Camie.............K-1
12th June 2009...Ellie-and-David..............K-1
30th June 2009...grapeeyes...................CR-1

Still waiting for approval 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
stevi1123..........16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Dave and Jess..10th March 2009 ?
The Dip Sticks..25th March 2009 ?
prima and jay...24th April 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
MARM..............12th May 2009 - Approved pending passport
PB&JAM............22nd May 2009 - Denied, to file waiver

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED
Updates/New entries/changes highlighted in blue - will go to normal color in the next update.
Please let us know if you have an Interview Date to add to the list, updated information or corrections.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.