Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

32 years sounds great to me. i cant even get a full time job! (might be able to, but i like my garden center job too much.) and old guys are hot. (fine not all of them are, but i bet steve is smokin'. :P)

i do think you are in mighty fine shape for the affadavit of support, so best not to worry much more about it. check it over when you get it.

i bet you'll hear about an interview date before you know it!

plus, if Nich says youre FINE. youre FINE. end of. heh.

-lisabette.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I apologize if i'm out of the loop, i dont watch tv much but i'm just hearing about the protests outside the us embassy in london. someone died today? It sounds dangerous! Is it hard to cross the lines for the interviews? Sorry, I'm probly the last person who knows whats going on. :blink:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

I apologize if i'm out of the loop, i dont watch tv much but i'm just hearing about the protests outside the us embassy in london. someone died today? It sounds dangerous! Is it hard to cross the lines for the interviews? Sorry, I'm probly the last person who knows whats going on. :blink:

wow...i am not up to date with the news these days but that sounds horrible. My fiance did not mention anything like this happening there. But that is probably because he is so busy that he does not have time to watch the news. Anyone know about such an incident occurring and what it's like waiting for the interviews?

I do know that Obama is in London right now, but what would that have to do with the protests? They are regarding the Climate Conference... :wacko:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

wow...i am not up to date with the news these days but that sounds horrible. My fiance did not mention anything like this happening there. But that is probably because he is so busy that he does not have time to watch the news. Anyone know about such an incident occurring and what it's like waiting for the interviews?

I do know that Obama is in London right now, but what would that have to do with the protests? They are regarding the Climate Conference... :wacko:

heres on story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090402/wl_uk...g20securitylead

It sounds dangerous. Anybody going down there for interviews this week? Please be safe! My fiance was going down there saturday for stuff and I'm going to tell him forget it, wait til this passes. Is it as bad as the news makes it look?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

heres on story:

It sounds dangerous. Anybody going down there for interviews this week? Please be safe! My fiance was going down there saturday for stuff and I'm going to tell him forget it, wait til this passes. Is it as bad as the news makes it look?

Wow...that is insane! Smashing windows to be heard! People claiming injuries by security forces...it does sound like something to stay away from until it disappears. It makes us glad that we rescheduled our interview for the end of this month. Be safe everyone that is heading that way in London!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

heres on story:

I'm going up for my medical tomorrow, I don't know what it'll be like but think the worst of it was yesterday and maybe today -it's for the G20 thing, more info on BBC but I can't get the link right now sorry.

I'm going anyway, just leaving plenty of time to get there in the morning! mrandmrs - didn't you have your medical this week?

Edited by H&V

Timeline
I'm going up for my medical tomorrow, I don't know what it'll be like but think the worst of it was yesterday and maybe today -it's for the G20 thing, more info on BBC but I can't get the link right now sorry.

I'm going anyway, just leaving plenty of time to get there in the morning! mrandmrs - didn't you have your medical this week?

ok, be careful and post us when u get back!

Moira--

Stop! You're fine. Really.

No notarizations. None. Nada.

Last tax return as of date I-134 signed. Until April 15, the last tax return is 2007.

One return is enough.

That much money, you'll breeze through. Really.

Now I'm confusing myself!! My fiance has got his 2008 tax return done but the I134 is dated 26th March. Will this cause them confusion? Or will I need to get the 2007 returns too!

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Moira--

Last tax return as of date I-134 signed. Until April 15, the last tax return is 2007.

One return is enough.

Now I'm confusing myself!! My fiance has got his 2008 tax return done but the I134 is dated 26th March. Will this cause them confusion? Or will I need to get the 2007 returns too!

I answered my own question. I'll get him to send a postdated I-134 for 16th April so we can use the 2008 returns. I think i'm organised now. :star:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Timeline
Moira--

One return is enough.

I answered my own question. I'll get him to send a postdated I-134 for 16th April so we can use the 2008 returns. I think i'm organised now. :star:

oh, didnt think about that. thanks for the tip!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Moira--

One return is enough.

Nich ... thank you ... I'm taking deep breaths ... I'm calm now ... :lol:

Moira x

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Short comment: (When do I ever make a short comment?) :rofl:

Mrs. SDP has a a guy who makes tons of money in a job he's had 32 years. She's fine with what she has.

If you're borderline, just changed jobs, havent worked in a job but 6 months, are a student, haven't got job history, etc. then bring the whole file cabinet if that's what it takes to show some ability to support. Got an iffy looking tax return with a low earning job? They could ask for previous returns to see if you maintain some sort of steady income. They're suppose to get a "sense" that you can support. That "sense" is subjective. A guy with low previous tax returns who just graduated from medical school, sends some proof of that, and has a letter of employment from Big City Hospital as a surgeon would probably give them a "sense" of being able to support despite his tax returns. Each of you must take a look at your own situation and provide the best picture you can. Have confidence in your plan and don't freak everytime somebody tells their plan. Me? I don't even have a job except working a few days a year. Did I obsess over my W2 with only $500 or get a letter from that employer? No. I showed other things to prove my financial picture that weren't even outlined on their list. You can't copy another person's list because you are unique. Make your best plan and don't flip-flop with each post you see.

Monkey Juice: It's not that complicated. Form signed before Apr 15, but you've got 2008 return. Great! They aren't going to penalize you. People in between, needing to send forms, but 2008 taxes not done...by their rules they can't hold you to a 2008 return until they are due. It's logical that people this time of year got their Affidavits prepared prior to doing taxes, so they have addressed that by saying latest return at the time the affidavit was signed to give a cut-off point.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

jamie had his medical on the 27th. pretty much before all of the protests had started. he was in london all weekend and said things were fine.

but, wednesday i think was a different story. the people getting hurt are not generally bystanders. they are pretty much hardcore activists/anarchists. and to be honest? im fine with them getting a little rowdy. i dont agree with vanadalism or violence of any sort. there are lots of people protesting peacefully in london too. the police are well-prepared (as are the protesters). they each play their role. (lookie) it gets on tv. people get ruffled momentarily, and then we go back to business as usual (war, mass consumption, and mass pollution! yay!).

i do hope some positives come out of this meeting. but im sorry for anyone who gets stressed by the possibility of disruption for medicals/embassy visits. itll work itself out.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Moira--

One return is enough.

So let me get this straight; if I have an I-134 signed on the 16th March 2009, they're going to ask for 2007 tax returns, even though I have 2008?

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

Moira--

One return is enough.

So let me get this straight; if I have an I-134 signed on the 16th March 2009, they're going to ask for 2007 tax returns, even though I have 2008?

No, but if you didn't have 2008 ready, they would accept 2007 according to their "rules".

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.