Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck to Caminic and The Dip Sticks for tomorrow!

Can't wait for the good news of approvals and reviews! :dance: :dance: :dance:

hear, hear!! best of luck to the 25th-ers!

Ditto to that, guys :D.

Also, for those waiting for your interviews, don't worry! It might take up to three or four weeks but you'll get it for sure. I received my interview date more or less the day before (over the phone) I received my P4.

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: Timeline
We received both our packet 4s in the mail today (one with the original March 30 date and one with the new April 28 date). We are praying REALLY REALLY HARD that we don't have to be put on AP after the interview. I was reading through VJ again and I found two people in similar situations who were NOT put on AP (because they did not have common names the members' both assumed) my fiance does not have a common name either, so hopefully we are not put on AP either afterward.

Im with you on that. I was so happy to read Sadeyes' update, about being out of AP. My husband was also born and raised in the UK but of Pakistani orgin. We were in AP for nearly 2 years waiting for USCIS to approve our application. Hopefully that means that they have completed all their checks and we wont have to face them again after the interview. I pray to God that he helps us. We waited so long for this day and now the big day is tomorrow.

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations to all the recent approvals on this thread! Wow March has really been a busy month.

Thank you for the well wishes on the big day tomorrow. I'm in London now and will be attending the interview with my hubby. Honestly, I'm a nervous wreck and I'm not even the one they are going to interview. I suppose it's due to the long and difficult journey that we have had to get here. Please keep us in your prayers tonight and tomorrow morning.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
yes i feel for you monkeyjuice. This is very stressful. In my case my fiancee sent his packet 3 feb 4 and let alone we didnt know we had to mail in the ds forms. So we wasted 6 weeks with noone telling us anything even emailed the embassy and got no response back when I finally figured out what was wrong by looking at the website and finding out the forms we had to send I paniced big time. We finally sent the forms and a new checklist march 19 so im hoping they put it in the system. He already got his medical done and they have that on file but still no word on when to get an interview he did put a travel date of april 21 so we are hoping the embassy takes that in consideration. Talk about panic my noa2 expires may 14. Im just hoping everything is alright and we get an interview soon. If it wasnt for that mistake he probably gotten his interview already. Been extremely stressed out he has had all our paperwork since the beginning of feb hope that is still ok to submit and I wont have to send him any more current ones. So sorry to vent but lately just been nervous stressed and disappointed. But that is my luck if I dont have bad luck i dont have any luck at all. But congrats to all those vj people that got approved that is awesome.

Hey It's nice to see an old friend from the 6 months+ club in here! lol. We will get there in the end won't we?

Wow, you must've been so annoyed when you found out about having to send the DS forms.

I was just so impatient to get packet 3 sent off because we'd waited so long already & totally didn't realise Mike still doesn't have his 2008 taxes. Urgh.

I'm sure it will be fine...except for all the grey hairs I've got since this started.

I might end up with an interview same day as yours (or your fiance)

Oh yes impatient is not the word. More like frustrated and upset. If someone would of told us after email and phone calls this would of been taking care of over a month ago. But now I just sit and wait which is more stressful cause now my mind wonders to make sure he did everything right. Because Im not there to help him he hates forms lol....But hopefully i will hear about an interview soon. Every time I call dos and they say no packet 3 received yet I say ok ill call you again tomorrow. lol...My grey hairs are getting worse. lol...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Congratulations to all the recent approvals on this thread! Wow March has really been a busy month.

Thank you for the well wishes on the big day tomorrow. I'm in London now and will be attending the interview with my hubby. Honestly, I'm a nervous wreck and I'm not even the one they are going to interview. I suppose it's due to the long and difficult journey that we have had to get here. Please keep us in your prayers tonight and tomorrow morning.

Good Luck guys...i'll be thinking of you :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi All ...

Sending good luck to everyone too .... :dance:

I sent off packet 3 yesterday ... what is the shortest time that anyone has waited for their interview date letter??

I'm going to just sit here and wait ... patiently .. totally relaxed and in control of the situation ....

Yeah right .... :rofl:

Have a great day!!

Moira x

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Good luck to the Dip Sticks and Caminic for your interviews tomorrow!

Edited by Talyss

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi All ...

Sending good luck to everyone too .... :dance:

I sent off packet 3 yesterday ... what is the shortest time that anyone has waited for their interview date letter??

I'm going to just sit here and wait ... patiently .. totally relaxed and in control of the situation ....

Yeah right .... :rofl:

Have a great day!!

Moira x

I think i waited around 3 and a half weeks before i got my interview letter after sending off my packet 3...which i thought was pretty damn quick to be honest..lol

And good luck caminic for tomorrow too :D

Selina

Edited by obbynox

Timeline

Right, well i've been mulling this over for the last hour........

I've had the text from the couriers - it's coming tomorrow.

Didn't know if it would be tempting fate or not by revealing this info, but as I haven't heard anything from the doctors or the embassy, then I am sincerely hoping that this is the visa arriving. They did say pending the results of the medical, so fingers crossed.

No internet at the parents (where it's being delivered), but hopefully this time tomorrow-ish, I shall be approved without conditions.

Didn't know if it would be tempting fate or not by revealing this info, but as I haven't heard anything from the doctors or the embassy, then I am sincerely hoping that this is the visa arriving. They did say pending the results of the medical, so fingers crossed.

No internet at the parents (where it's being delivered), but hopefully this time tomorrow-ish, I shall be approved without conditions.

Awesome! :D Here's to hoping that the conditions will be removed and you'll have your visa all good to go!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Timeline

Awesome! :D Here's to hoping that the conditions will be removed and you'll have your visa all good to go!

Magpie.

Well it was all dependent on the medical. And i've not heard anything from them. Am super nervous now!!

Please don't tell me I have been here at VJ all this time and have never posted here??

Somehow I just ran across this post and I see my denial listed in a post :(

I started to read through the posts here and got to page 22 and figured I would be up all night if I try to read them all tonight!

Anyway... I sure hope you all are having better luck then I have had. I am still waiting.............

Haven't even filed the waiver yet, not sure yet if we need to or not. It would be nice if the Embassy in London could have given us a bit more information on what to do.

I should know something in a week or two ( Hopefully) on what our next step is. Either they will give him his visa , or tell us to apply for the waiver.

Sorry if I have missed all of you somehow.

Good Luck to you all and may your journey end soon !!! :)

Really sorry about your situation, you must be so upset. I can't find your original post. Why did you get denied?

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.