zealand_girl

I'm an illegal alien and want to marry a U.S citizen

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I came to the U.S on a 3-month visiting visa when i was 14, i am now 18 and graduated high school here. I have now overstayed my visa, me and my boyfriend want to get married but i dnt have a SSN, how do we go about getting married?

I don't think you need SSN to get married, also this is Citizenship forum.

Edited by another1

I-751

01/27/09 Sent to CSC

01/29/09 Delivered to CSC

02/02/09 Check Cashed

02/04/09 NOA received, dated 01/29/09

02/13/09 Biometrics Appt letter Received

02/24/09 Biometrics done

04/08/09 Approval notice in mail (Dated 04/03/09)

05/21/09 Called USCIS "Where is my GC?"

06/01/09 Received 10 yr GC

N-400

03/03/10 Sent to Phoenix, AZ

03/05/10 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/15/10 Check cashed

03/17/10 NOA received, dated 03/13/10

03/18/10 Online status indicates RFE was mailed

03/22/10 Biometrics Appt letter Received

04/12/10 Biometrics done

05/01/10 Email Notification from USCIS " Case transfered to a local office for a standard interview"

05/05/10 Interview letter received

06/17/10 Interview

06/28/10 Oath Ceremony. I am a U.S Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You apply for a marriage license at the appropriate town or county office for where you live.

If you have an I-94 card still, you can adjust status based on marriage to a US citizen.

Start here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

This belongs in AOS from Student/Visitor/Work visa forum, not citizenship forum.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I came to the U.S on a 3-month visiting visa when i was 14, i am now 18 and graduated high school here. I have now overstayed my visa, me and my boyfriend want to get married but i dnt have a SSN, how do we go about getting married?

You can marry, you don't need a SSN just a proof of ID, (passport) since you are illegally in the country and don't think you have any other ID ( I supposed, if you do well show whatever you have)

Then you will have to apply for AOS inside de US, follow the steps on this forum.

Also, since you entered 4 yrs ago, and by that time I guess you didn't even intend to marry your girlfriend nor knew her, you are free from being charged with visa fraud. ;)

Edited by TävôLuDô

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Each state has different ID requirements, but in almost all of them, no SSN is needed. Just a positive form of ID like your passport, and also bring some kind of "official" mail addressed to your current address if you don't have any other way to prove where you reside. Then apply for the AOS immediately and your status here is legal until the application is acted upon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.