Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I'm an illegal alien and want to marry a U.S citizen

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I don't think you need SSN to get married, also this is Citizenship forum.

Edited by another1


01/27/09 Sent to CSC

01/29/09 Delivered to CSC

02/02/09 Check Cashed

02/04/09 NOA received, dated 01/29/09

02/13/09 Biometrics Appt letter Received

02/24/09 Biometrics done

04/08/09 Approval notice in mail (Dated 04/03/09)

05/21/09 Called USCIS "Where is my GC?"

06/01/09 Received 10 yr GC


03/03/10 Sent to Phoenix, AZ

03/05/10 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/15/10 Check cashed

03/17/10 NOA received, dated 03/13/10

03/18/10 Online status indicates RFE was mailed

03/22/10 Biometrics Appt letter Received

04/12/10 Biometrics done

05/01/10 Email Notification from USCIS " Case transfered to a local office for a standard interview"

05/05/10 Interview letter received

06/17/10 Interview

06/28/10 Oath Ceremony. I am a U.S Citizen!!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China

You apply for a marriage license at the appropriate town or county office for where you live.

If you have an I-94 card still, you can adjust status based on marriage to a US citizen.

Start here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

This belongs in AOS from Student/Visitor/Work visa forum, not citizenship forum.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
I came to the U.S on a 3-month visiting visa when i was 14, i am now 18 and graduated high school here. I have now overstayed my visa, me and my boyfriend want to get married but i dnt have a SSN, how do we go about getting married?

You can marry, you don't need a SSN just a proof of ID, (passport) since you are illegally in the country and don't think you have any other ID ( I supposed, if you do well show whatever you have)

Then you will have to apply for AOS inside de US, follow the steps on this forum.

Also, since you entered 4 yrs ago, and by that time I guess you didn't even intend to marry your girlfriend nor knew her, you are free from being charged with visa fraud. ;)

Edited by TävôLuDô

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia

Each state has different ID requirements, but in almost all of them, no SSN is needed. Just a positive form of ID like your passport, and also bring some kind of "official" mail addressed to your current address if you don't have any other way to prove where you reside. Then apply for the AOS immediately and your status here is legal until the application is acted upon.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...