Kwagga

Proof of engagement DS156K

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Ok, I know Im reading up way ahead of my time...but thats what the example forms are for. :wacko:

Reading through the DS156K form and I see the request for proof of engagement. What kind of proof needs to be submitted? :help:

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Ok, I know Im reading up way ahead of my time...but thats what the example forms are for. :wacko:

Reading through the DS156K form and I see the request for proof of engagement. What kind of proof needs to be submitted? :help:

Pic of you on your knees??? :innocent:

Good question1 Never noticed that one.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No clue... I wonder if maybe the updated letter of intent to marry from both the petitioner and beneficiary that has to be taken to the interview would count in any way?

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

No clue... I wonder if maybe the updated letter of intent to marry from both the petitioner and beneficiary that has to be taken to the interview would count in any way?

That's about the only thing that may apply. They mention marriage cert also. Sure would be difficult to have a marriage certificate when you are only engaged!! :bonk:

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Updated letter of intent plus evidence of ongoing relationship I would think.

If you had your engagement party. You can show some pictures or certificate from the place you held for the party, or could be Your ring....

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

DS-156K is a consulate form

Moving to Foreign Embassy/Consulate Forum - purpose of this forum is described below:

'You are almost there and now you have to deal with the embassy. This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Updated letter of intent plus evidence of ongoing relationship I would think.

If you had your engagement party. You can show some pictures or certificate from the place you held for the party, or could be Your ring....

That's if you had an engagement party, or even a ring.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is the letter that your fiancee will make with signature that she/he is willing to marry you. If you gave her a ring, you can show the ring too. But most important is the collection of evidence of relationship- photo of both of you, documents that will prove that your fiancee has visited you, bank statements that show transactions made in your country, documents that will show that you've been together- hotel receipts with both of your name, airfair tickets showing both of your names, cards and notes.

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

RFE(s) : 2008-10-14

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

AOS Transfer** : Online status was not updated

Interview Date : March 11, 2009

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments : NOA for initial interview was sent January 29, 2009 and received February 5, 2009

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : San Jose CA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

Approved Date : 2008-12-05

Date Card Received : 2008-12-12

SSN

Date Filed: 2008-12-23

Date Received: 2009-01-19

State ID:

Date Filed: 2009-02-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.