KGSodie

National life-cycle (and pie)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

"Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage."

The author of this quote is, I believe, anonymous, though quite astute (IMO).

Discuss amongst yourselves - I'm a little verklempt.

Pie, however, follows a different life-cycle. It goes from raw ingredients, to assembled possibility, to hot deliciousness, to excreted waste, to processed sewage, to fertilizer, and then back to raw ingredients.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Each to his own. If you subscribe to the premise that we all are bound by our societal norms, then our choices are already predetermined. I however, believe that each person has the ability to choose for themselves and although they may be constricted by their economic and social situation, we have the ability to make a difference for ourselves and those that matter to us.

Never give up hope.

:yes:

Well, how about this - does one's socio-economic status relegate them to consuming only certain types of pie? NO! Pie knows no bounds! It doesn't say "I'm pie for white folks" or "I'm only for the rich."

"Middle Class pie" is never heard. "Blue-collar pie" is non-existent as well.

Pie says, "I'm freaking pie, and you should eat me."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

How rude of the pie! The pie can just eat me too!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Timeline
"Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage."

Pie, however, follows a different life-cycle. It goes from raw ingredients, to assembled possibility, to hot deliciousness, to excreted waste, to processed sewage, to fertilizer, and then back to raw ingredients.

I-129F Sent : 2007-10-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-10-22

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-02-04

Interview Date : 2008-04-24

Visa Received : 2008-04-29

US Entry : 2008-05-24

Marriage : 2008-06-21

AOS Filed : 2008-07-24

NOA Date : 2008-07-28

RFE(s) : 2008-09-09

Bio. Appt. : 2008-09-10

AOS Interview: 2009-04-07

Timeline

Well, IMHO... I believe the quote was based on Democracies. Even in the case of Democracies, this isn't always the case. It's dangerous to try to classify anything into an always/never category. The quote seems a little depressing, if not cynical. It sounds more like a plot line, or characterization, for certain tragic heroes in literature (in fact, I think it is a great quote to use for high school English students to write a Critical Lens Essay, LOL).

If one chooses any state of being in the quote, it doesn't necessarily lead to the next state. Take the pie example; "assembled possibility" doesn't necessarily lead to "hot deliciousness," :no: just as "selfishness" doesn't necessarily lead to "complacency," and "courage," unfortunately, doesn't always lead to "liberty." I am left wondering why it is so difficult to find the author of this quote.

I-129F Sent : 2007-10-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-10-22

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-02-04

Interview Date : 2008-04-24

Visa Received : 2008-04-29

US Entry : 2008-05-24

Marriage : 2008-06-21

AOS Filed : 2008-07-24

NOA Date : 2008-07-28

RFE(s) : 2008-09-09

Bio. Appt. : 2008-09-10

AOS Interview: 2009-04-07

Filed: Timeline

I keep trying to think of something witty to say, but all I can really come up with is "I agree." It's in the human character that we are both resourceful and greedy. When put to the test, we can be great, but we can be greedy and act against our own self interests too. The quote applies perfectly to just about any government type you care to mention, but it's equally applicable to the stages of life itself. We start out in bondage, and eventually we're right back there again.

I'm inclined to agree with Slim regarding pie. The pie knows no class, no borders, no society, no...no..nom nom nom nom nom...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.