3 posts in this topic

Hey

Just a few questions...

we have received an RFE concerning my birth certificate. I noticed that the letter says to send it back to MO. I have originally sent my package to IL, so does this mean my case was transferred to MO? I thought they only transfer it to California? I'm a little confused by this, as I hope that I have sent my letter to the right address.

My second question is, for those who have send their packages and mail to a P.O. box before (wether it is in MO or IL), and you used USPS. Did you send it certified or with confirmation? I sent my letter certified, which means they need to sign it, but I am just wondering, if it's a P.O. Box how will someone be there to sign it? The lady from the postal office told me that most businesses have someone responsible for picking up the mail and they usually sign for all the letters and packages when they pick up the mail. So, my question is if any of you have sent it to the PO Box certified and have received confirmation (like NOA's, Appointment letters, online, EAD,..) so that you know that they actually signed and picked up the mail. I don't have a track number. And I know this question may sound stupid or unnecessary, but I'm just worried and I hope they receive it so they can pick up my case again.

Thanks!

Edited by Eshansmommy

My timeline:

11-20-2008: AOS (I-485 & I-130) Package sent.

11-24-2008: Package received at 1.36pm and signed by JCHYBA.

12-04-2008: AOS Check was cashed!

12-05-2008: I-130 Money Order was cashed!

12-08-2008: Received my 3 NOA's and letter for biometrics

12-19-2008: Received RFE and another letter for biometrics

12-22-2008: Sent response to RFE back

12-26-2008: Biometrics appointment! -canceled due to holidays-

01-02-2009: Response to RFE received and case is resumed

01-13-2009: Second biometrics appointment - DONE YAY!

01-26-2009: APPROVAL of EAD!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-04-2009: Received EAD card in mail and applied for SSN - Picked up SSN day after!

02-06-2009: Passed written test, got driver's permit!

02-10-2009: Received my SSC

03-20-2009: Interview! - RFE

04-14-2009: Brought the requested document to the immigration office.

05-02-2009: Received our 3rd RFE.

05-11-2009: Brought the requested document to the immigration office.

05-27-2009: Received green card YAY Thank you God

04-04-2011: Sent in I-751 Removal of conditions

07-08-2011: Approved!

07-14-2011: Received Permanent Resident Card! WHOOOOO HOOOO we are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you GOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline
Hey

Just a few questions...

we have received an RFE concerning my birth certificate. I noticed that the letter says to send it back to MO. I have originally sent my package to IL, so does this mean my case was transferred to MO? I thought they only transfer it to California? I'm a little confused by this, as I hope that I have sent my letter to the right address.

My second question is, for those who have send their packages and mail to a P.O. box before (wether it is in MO or IL), and you used USPS. Did you send it certified or with confirmation? I sent my letter certified, which means they need to sign it, but I am just wondering, if it's a P.O. Box how will someone be there to sign it? The lady from the postal office told me that most businesses have someone responsible for picking up the mail and they usually sign for all the letters and packages when they pick up the mail. So, my question is if any of you have sent it to the PO Box certified and have received confirmation (like NOA's, Appointment letters, online, EAD,..) so that you know that they actually signed and picked up the mail. I don't have a track number. And I know this question may sound stupid or unnecessary, but I'm just worried and I hope they receive it so they can pick up my case again.

Thanks!

Send required documents to MO, if they tell u so. I got RFE and had to sent it back to MO too.

I sent my documents with USPS with delivery confirmation, it got there and the case is resumed.

Good luck

glitterfy180526357D31.gif

08/08/08 - A beautiful Wedding in Santa Barbara :)

AOS

10/28/2008 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP package

10/30/2008 - Package received

11/08/2008 - Check cashed

11/10/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-131, I-765 recieved

11/17/2008 - RFE :(((((((((((

12/08/2008 - RFE completed and sent back to USCIS

12/10/2008 - USCIS received required documents.....waiting......

12/12/2008 - Case processing resumed....fingers crossed

12/17/2008 - I-485 "touched"

12/19/2008 - Case transferred to CSC

12/22/2008 - I-485 "touched"

12/31/2008 - I-485 "touched"

01/02/2009 - I-485 "touched"

01/07/2009 - EAD, AP "touched"

01/08/2009 - AP approved

01/20/2009 - Service request made for Biometrics

02/28/2009 - Biometrics appointment

03/10/2009 - EAD approved

03/11/2009 - EAD received

04/07/2009 - Second biometrics appointment

04/24/2009 - I-485 approved

04/30/2009 - Green Card received

Hey

Just a few questions...

we have received an RFE concerning my birth certificate. I noticed that the letter says to send it back to MO. I have originally sent my package to IL, so does this mean my case was transferred to MO? I thought they only transfer it to California? I'm a little confused by this, as I hope that I have sent my letter to the right address. Follow the instructions on the RFE letter exactly (and don't forget to include the original RFE letter with your response.

My second question is, for those who have send their packages and mail to a P.O. box before (wether it is in MO or IL), and you used USPS. Did you send it certified or with confirmation? I sent my letter certified, which means they need to sign it, but I am just wondering, if it's a P.O. Box how will someone be there to sign it? The lady from the postal office told me that most businesses have someone responsible for picking up the mail and they usually sign for all the letters and packages when they pick up the mail. So, my question is if any of you have sent it to the PO Box certified and have received confirmation (like NOA's, Appointment letters, online, EAD,..) so that you know that they actually signed and picked up the mail. I don't have a track number. And I know this question may sound stupid or unnecessary, but I'm just worried and I hope they receive it so they can pick up my case again. USPS Priority with delivery confirmation is perfect. As for the P.O. Box for USCIS, you can't confuse it with a regular P.O. box that you or I might have - they get large quantities of mail and do have specific people in charge of receiving mail - however signature confirmation is not something worth spending money on.

Thanks!

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.