DeadPoolX

Canada FAQ

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It would also be really helpful if we could start compiling some of the answers here, for posting in the wiki, whether from previous postings or from someone just typing it all out.

The questions part is easy, the answering and getting it in to an easily understood, concise format is the more time consuming part, at least in my opinion.

It would also be really helpful if we could start compiling some of the answers here, for posting in the wiki, whether from previous postings or from someone just typing it all out.

The questions part is easy, the answering and getting it in to an easily understood, concise format is the more time consuming part, at least in my opinion.

That would be a good idea. We need volunteers who perhaps had to get this information because they had to use it. An example of this might be say the importation of a car. I didn't import a car, and while I've referred people to links about it, I sure don't know the ins and outs. Someone who had to do this however, is the best person to compile the answer. Then they could post it, and it could be edited before posting to Wiki.

What does everyone think?

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

That would be a good idea. We need volunteers who perhaps had to get this information because they had to use it. An example of this might be say the importation of a car. I didn't import a car, and while I've referred people to links about it, I sure don't know the ins and outs. Someone who had to do this however, is the best person to compile the answer. Then they could post it, and it could be edited before posting to Wiki.

What does everyone think?

I think that is an excellent idea. I move that flames be in charge of the post for "can I visit the US while my application is pending" :yes:

Timeline

I ain't in charge of anything,lol I have come to understand accept, that you can have one huge banner that says "noob's look here first for critical information regarding the most asked questions on VJ" and they will still start a new thread and ask away,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I ain't in charge of anything,lol I have come to understand accept, that you can have one huge banner that says "noob's look here first for critical information regarding the most asked questions on VJ" and they will still start a new thread and ask away,lol

I agree :lol:

However! What we would have to do is all stick together and just keep sending people to the Wiki page

That also is not going to happen haha

What I do see as a benefit though is that, at least sometimes - if we send them to the K1 interview letter or whatever, they might at least look at it.

Timeline

However! What we would have to do is all stick together and just keep sending people to the Wiki page

What I do see as a benefit though is that, at least sometimes - if we send them to the K1 interview letter or whatever, they might at least look at it.

Yup, posting those was an excellent idea. Pat myself on the back. . . . . (boy I'm good)

oh wait . . . . . I think trailmix did that. :P

Timeline

Yup, posting those was an excellent idea. Pat myself on the back. . . . . (boy I'm good)

oh wait . . . . . I think trailmix did that. :P

:lol:

And it's ok flames, next time you post your - this is how you can get in to the country list - I will just copy it in to the Wiki :)

Timeline

Importing vehicles and phone #'s of car manufacturers

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import...anada07032.html

Bus from Mtl airport to downtown

http://www.autobus.qc.ca/anglais/pops-up_a...montreal_dorval

Fingerprinting & Police background checks

http://www.fingerprintingservice.com/

http://www.commissionaires.ca/

http://www.winnipeg.ca/police/BPR/info_req...m_record_search

Cdn/USA tax forum

http://forums.serbinski.com/

Advice for visiting the USA while your visa application is in process

3)keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lying and have been trained to find them!

5)pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Importing vehicles and phone #'s of car manufacturers

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import...anada07032.html

Bus from Mtl airport to downtown

Fingerprinting & Police background checks

http://www.fingerprintingservice.com/

http://www.commissionaires.ca/

http://www.winnipeg.ca/police/BPR/info_req...m_record_search

Cdn/USA tax forum

http://forums.serbinski.com/

Advice for visiting the USA while your visa application is in process

3)keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lying and have been trained to find them!

5)pack light! No job resumes with you

8) have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Best of luck

Thanks for looking all of that up Flames!

I have posted your 8 points in the wiki! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...tion_is_pending

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Hey guys !!

Don't mean to be on the negative side, but -

1) Are there any canadians that went for the interview that got denied for any reason(s) and what did you do ?

2) Any RFE(s) and what was the outcome ?

3) Police clearance - directly from RCMP or can it be done on behalf of 3rd party - ie: (commissionaires) - I heard it's a lot faster and there's a location two minutes away from where I live.

I haven't seen any post on VJ in regards to Canadians being impacted negatively so far except of course for the ridiculous wait times for approvals...etc..

Any response(s) appreciated !! :thumbs:

Good Luck to all !!

Season Greetings to all !! :jest::star::jest::star:

I-130 re-submitted 05-22-2009

June 3rd 2009 - Rec Hardcopy NOA 1

June 5th 2009 - Touched

August 21 2009 - Touched

August 24 2009 - APPROVED - NOA 2

Sept 1st 2009 - NVC Rec - Case # assigned

Timeline
Hey guys !!

Don't mean to be on the negative side, but -

1) Are there any canadians that went for the interview that got denied for any reason(s) and what did you do ?

3) Police clearance - directly from RCMP or can it be done on behalf of 3rd party - ie: (commissionaires) - I heard it's a lot faster and there's a location two minutes away from where I live.

I haven't seen any post on VJ in regards to Canadians being impacted negatively so far except of course for the ridiculous wait times for approvals...etc..

Any response(s) appreciated !! :thumbs:

Good Luck to all !!

Season Greetings to all !! :jest::star::jest::star:

Hi Hollis,

You would probably be better off starting a new thread with your questions but anyway.

Yes - I can only think of one in particular and I don't think repeating the story will help you probably - but it can happen.

Many many people get RFEs here - did you get one, if so if you tell us specifically what it was for - we can help.

This information is in the Canada Wiki page we are discussing :)

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Canada

Timeline

Thanks Trailmix !!

NO I didn't get any but am just curious as to what the results were.

I hope I don't receive any.

Good luck to all !!

I-130 re-submitted 05-22-2009

June 3rd 2009 - Rec Hardcopy NOA 1

June 5th 2009 - Touched

August 21 2009 - Touched

August 24 2009 - APPROVED - NOA 2

Sept 1st 2009 - NVC Rec - Case # assigned

u]Bus from Mtl airport to downtown[/u]

Anyone have any tips or links to and from Vancouver Airport from the U.S consulate? Any tips on using the Skytrain? The website for the Skytrain I am still confused about with routes and such! I am getting nervous just thinking about using it, I've only ever been on the C-train in Calgary once!! :unsure:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

I return to Vancouver on January 3rd, after I get back I will talk to some people about the new train from the airport. I guess from you post it is up and running. It wasn't when I left in July. I won't forget your question and will get an answer for you as quick as I can. The transit system in Vancouver (the lower mainland) is excellent, so not to worry :)

Janet

Met online playing pinochle in late Feb or March 2001

Married in San Luis Obispo - July 18, 2008

Sent application CR-1/IR-1 on August 26, 2008 to Chicago lock box

September 4, 2008 - Touch #1

Approval email sent January 5, 2009 after 4 months and 2 days

NVC Journey Begins....

NVC Case officially in AVR - January 13, 2009

DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated - January 16, 2009

AOS Bill snail mailed - January 24, 2009

Emailed DS-3032 - January 26, 2009

DS-3032 emailed read in NH January 30, 2009

DS-3032 accepted at NVC 0n February 2, 2009 via email

AOS Bill Shows as PAID - February 3, 2009

I-864 Package Generated - March 21, 2009

Mailed I-864 Package - March21, 2009

IV Bill Generated - February 3, 2009

Paid IV Bill - March 6, 2009 - snail mail

IV Bill Show as PAID - March 21, 2009

Mailed IV Package - March 21, 2009

REF - April 1, 2009 - Transfered to a supervisor

Case Completed at NVC - April 7, 2009

Medical completed May 27/09 in Vancouver

Interview Date - June 22 - SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED

POE -Vancouver @ YVR- June 28

Permanent resident card received July 20,2009

Social Security Card arrived August 2, 2009

April 2011 started ROC - May 27 biometrics - July 30 received 10 year green card!

I return to Vancouver on January 3rd, after I get back I will talk to some people about the new train from the airport. I guess from you post it is up and running. It wasn't when I left in July. I won't forget your question and will get an answer for you as quick as I can. The transit system in Vancouver (the lower mainland) is excellent, so not to worry :)

Janet

Thanks so much! I do not know if the work is complete on the train from the airport, I guess they are doing it because of Olympics 2010, but there is a shuttle bus or something. Anyways, thank you!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.