dhcrusoe

I-864 Fee - Fee(s) made out to?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey there!

We're filing our I-485 now, and realize that we have to pay a fee for the I-864 ($70). What's not clear is:

A) Do we need to make out two checks, one for each I-864?

B) Do we also make the check out to the Department of Homeland Security even though it's the Department of State that requires the fee? (As per page: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm There's also no instruction about this in the I-864 or USCIS page re: instructions for payment).

Thanks, everyone!

--Dave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey there!

We're filing our I-485 now, and realize that we have to pay a fee for the I-864 ($70). What's not clear is:

A) Do we need to make out two checks, one for each I-864?

B) Do we also make the check out to the Department of Homeland Security even though it's the Department of State that requires the fee? (As per page: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm There's also no instruction about this in the I-864 or USCIS page re: instructions for payment).

Thanks, everyone!

--Dave

for I-485 you do NOT pay the I-864 fee....

YMMV

Whew! Thanks for saving us some $, Payxibka! I'm guessing the other fees apply, basically:

I-485: $1,010 (fee + biometrics)

G-325A: None

I-864: None

I-765: $340 No fee when filed with the I-485

I-131: $385 (fee + additional biometrics) No fee when filed with the I-485

Note: The fees for EAD and AP are included in the $1010 AOS. :thumbs:

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: Timeline

Oh boy... thanks! Dinner's on us! (I used to live in Austin, too) :) You guys are ALWAYS here to help us, THANK YOU!

--Laila (Mexico) and Dave (Formerly of Austin, and now of Cambridge)

p.s. where on earth did you find these things out? The instructions aren't so clear :o/

Edited by dhcrusoe

Oh boy... thanks! Dinner's on us! (I used to live in Austin, too) :) You guys are ALWAYS here to help us, THANK YOU!

--Laila (Mexico) and Dave (Formerly of Austin, and now of Cambridge)

p.s. where on earth did you find these things out? The instructions aren't so clear :o/

Believe me - when the fees went up last year, it was big news... :crying:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75836

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.