WoodenRobot

Request for Evidence I-797E, NOA

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bhutan
Timeline

hi

today i got a mail from uscis requesting for more evidence. My evidence is very weak and that scares me. Me and my wife's permanent address is her parent's house but we both attend same university and have a rented apartment nearby since 2006. we do not have a single utility bill in both our names. for example.. cable/internet, phone bills are in my name.(but to same addresses). Whereas electricity bill is in hers name. even worse we dont have a joint bank account( we have separate individual accounts). The car is in her parent's name so is insurance. we are full time students and dont have any evidence from job showing beneficiaries. only our tax documents show jointly filed (last 2 years). i m not sure what more evidence we should send.. the only new additional evidence would be a joint rent lease of our apartment (which we did not send the fist time). i m worried and its extremely hard to convince them.

what more can i do? should i send the pictures, tax returns, others again? should i write a letter saying me and my wife live in her parents house and their automobiles and have it signed by her parents? would this help in anyway?

please help. thank you

You can submit a letter of explanation. We had friends write affidavits for us.<H1 class=firstHeading> </H1>

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

hi

today i got a mail from uscis requesting for more evidence. My evidence is very weak and that scares me. Me and my wife's permanent address is her parent's house but we both attend same university and have a rented apartment nearby since 2006. we do not have a single utility bill in both our names. for example.. cable/internet, phone bills are in my name.(but to same addresses). Whereas electricity bill is in hers name. even worse we dont have a joint bank account( we have separate individual accounts). The car is in her parent's name so is insurance. we are full time students and dont have any evidence from job showing beneficiaries. only our tax documents show jointly filed (last 2 years). i m not sure what more evidence we should send.. the only new additional evidence would be a joint rent lease of our apartment (which we did not send the fist time). i m worried and its extremely hard to convince them.

what more can i do? should i send the pictures, tax returns, others again? should i write a letter saying me and my wife live in her parents house and their automobiles and have it signed by her parents? would this help in anyway?

please help. thank you

The lease would be very good - plus (as stated) affidavits from friends/family that know you two as a couple would also be valuable (examples of these are in the Example Forms section here on VJ). Photos are very secondary and won't really help.

For clarification - what exactly does the RFE say?

Timeline
hi

please help. thank you

The lease would be very good - plus (as stated) affidavits from friends/family that know you two as a couple would also be valuable (examples of these are in the Example Forms section here on VJ). Photos are very secondary and won't really help.

For clarification - what exactly does the RFE say?

well the RFE is just asking the initial financial and residence requirements. under financial evidence= tax returns, mortgage/joint asset ownership, joint bank account statements, insurance (life, medical, car), loan documents,(car, home, business loans).. under residence evidence= rental lease,utility bills..

we do have student loans in each's name. does it qualify as evidence ? other than that we don't have any other loans yet.

i'll make sure i send affidavits and letter of explanation. thanks

Edited by WoodenRobot

You can also submit bills even if it is in different names as long as it is for the same address.

Gym membership

Letters from friends

Affidavits from relatives or friends

Trips you had( hotels, rental, flight)

Good luck

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

I received the same letter in October requesting for additional information like the one you indicated, financial information, lease, mortgage, bank, bills, etc. including affidavits from two people who know us stating how they know us, etc.

As for utility bills, you can actually have her name added to the account. And she can add your name to the utility bill as well. In the case of the cell phone bill, if she has her own phone under your plan, her name can be in statement corresponding to activity under her phone number (this works for Sprint and ATTWireless, as I recall).

As for car insurance, even though it may belong to her parents' the fact that you or her are driving probably means that you guys can be added as additional drivers on the coverage.

As for the joint bank account, it's time to get one even though you each have your own accounts. I have my own business so I have to have a separate account while my hubby has had his account for years and also shares savings accounts with his parents, BUT we opened a joint account and use it occasionally. This came in handy when it was time to submit additional information because they want to see that there is a joint account that gets some use. they don't even care about the balance in it. I submitted copies of statements ranging from 2006, 2007 and 2008 - one statement per year which showed that the account is active and even though the balance which was high in 2006 ended up in 2 digits by Dec 2008, it didn't matter.

Another thing you can do is get insurance, doesn't matter if its term or full life insurance. Term is usually the most inexpensive and you can research that online or your credit union may even offer it. having each other as the beneficiary on the insurance plan is a good form of evidence that you are a couple as well.

Don't send in pictures all over again - they didn't ask for it. Send in updated tax returns or the actual tax transcripts from the IRS which you can order over the phone for free and receive within 10 days. Send in the joint lease of your apartment, utility bills that include both your names (add the other to the account as stated above), copy of car insurance from parents with you and her included under additional insured (if possible), and affidavits.

You don't need to write a letter to them and even have parents sign it. have the parents make out the affidavits instead. I found three people who wrote affidavits which confirmed their knowledge of us as a couple. Two were my friends back when I was single (our friends now), and one from his mother. Make sure that they type in the affidavit verbiage at the bottom where the notary needs to sign and notarize which will make it easy for everyone concerned. You can find examples online.

Hope this helps! I received my notice for additional evidence sometime in october and sent in the evidence one day before the deadline via second day express mail on 12/8. On 12/12 they approved my Removal of conditions and today I received my green card :)

Good luck!

hi

please help. thank you

Did they ask for affidavit from friends or family in your RFE letter?

hi

please help. thank you

Our Visa Journey

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

05/20/2006 Filed I-485 Adjustment of Status

06/20/2006 Finger Print Schedule

09/07/2006 Interview

03/13/2007 Email Rec'd Register CPR

03/21/2007 Notice of Approval

03/22/2007 Received 2 year Green Card

REMOVAL OF CONDITION

12/29/2008 Filed I-751Removal of Condition

01/05/2009 Received NOA

01/17/2009 Received Biometric Letter

01/27/2009 Finger Print Appointment

02/14/2009 Letter of approval

02/23/2009 Received 10 year Green Card

NATURALIZATION

12/14/2009 Filed N-400 Application

12/15/2009 Received Application

12/19/2009 Cashed Check

12/22/2009 Received NOA

01/04/2010 Received Biometric Letter

01/13/2010 Finger Print Appointment

01/26/2010 Email received - sent case to Local office for interview

01/29/2010 Received Interview Letter

03/04/2010 Interview Schedule 9:00 am Detroit, MI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, they would ask for the Affidavit. It's the last paragraph on the second page of the letter.

May 9, 2005 - Arrived in the US

Jun. 18, 2005 - Got Married

Jul. 28, 2005 - AOS and EAD submitted

Aug. 3, 2005 - INS receipt

Aug. 7, 2005 - Received NOA 1

Nov. 16,2005 - AOS Biometrics

Jan. 23, 2006 - AOS Interview (Approved with stamped passport)

Jan. 25, 2006 - E-mail confirmation from USCIS (application approved)

Jan. 27, 2006 - Received the Welcome to America Notice

Feb. 1, 2006 - E-mail Notice from USCIS to send Green Card (Yipeeee)

Feb. 3, 2006 - Received my Green Card (Two Year GC....Woohoo)

Jan. 23,2008 - File for Removal of Conditional Status

Jan. 30,2008 - Received NOA 1

Feb. 23, 2008 - Biometrics

Dec. 6, 2008 - Received RFE paper

Dec. 18, 2008 - Submitted documents thru Postal Mail.

Jan. 6, 2009 - Card Production Ordered (Yipee....light at the end of the tunnel!!!!)

Jan. 12, 2009 - 10 Year Greencard Received (Thank God!)

Timeline
I received the same letter in October requesting for additional information like the one you indicated, financial information, lease, mortgage, bank, bills, etc. including affidavits from two people who know us stating how they know us, etc.

As for utility bills, you can actually have her name added to the account. And she can add your name to the utility bill as well. In the case of the cell phone bill, if she has her own phone under your plan, her name can be in statement corresponding to activity under her phone number (this works for Sprint and ATTWireless, as I recall).

As for car insurance, even though it may belong to her parents' the fact that you or her are driving probably means that you guys can be added as additional drivers on the coverage.

As for the joint bank account, it's time to get one even though you each have your own accounts. I have my own business so I have to have a separate account while my hubby has had his account for years and also shares savings accounts with his parents, BUT we opened a joint account and use it occasionally. This came in handy when it was time to submit additional information because they want to see that there is a joint account that gets some use. they don't even care about the balance in it. I submitted copies of statements ranging from 2006, 2007 and 2008 - one statement per year which showed that the account is active and even though the balance which was high in 2006 ended up in 2 digits by Dec 2008, it didn't matter.

Another thing you can do is get insurance, doesn't matter if its term or full life insurance. Term is usually the most inexpensive and you can research that online or your credit union may even offer it. having each other as the beneficiary on the insurance plan is a good form of evidence that you are a couple as well.

Don't send in pictures all over again - they didn't ask for it. Send in updated tax returns or the actual tax transcripts from the IRS which you can order over the phone for free and receive within 10 days. Send in the joint lease of your apartment, utility bills that include both your names (add the other to the account as stated above), copy of car insurance from parents with you and her included under additional insured (if possible), and affidavits.

You don't need to write a letter to them and even have parents sign it. have the parents make out the affidavits instead. I found three people who wrote affidavits which confirmed their knowledge of us as a couple. Two were my friends back when I was single (our friends now), and one from his mother. Make sure that they type in the affidavit verbiage at the bottom where the notary needs to sign and notarize which will make it easy for everyone concerned. You can find examples online.

Hope this helps! I received my notice for additional evidence sometime in october and sent in the evidence one day before the deadline via second day express mail on 12/8. On 12/12 they approved my Removal of conditions and today I received my green card :)

Good luck!

hi

please help. thank you

sugbumama,

thanks for the advice. but i think its too late to be adding her into my account or opening joint bank accounts. She is under my T mobile cellphone plan but only my name appears in the monthly bills. But i will definitely send the tax returns, apartment lease showing both names, utility bills, trips to nyc and cali (we did not travel together, even the tickets were purchased in different accounts), sworn affidavits from in-laws and friends, recent university mails showing same address. Need to send them before Jan 27. fingers crossed. even if this is not enough we are ready for interviews. our marriage is legit and we are soulmates. lol

thanks to all for your help.

Edited by WoodenRobot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.