shikarnov

Official Translations

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Can anybody recommend a good stateside Russian to English translation company that is, preferably, not too expensive, but that can translate a handwritten birth certificate accurately and certify their work as an official translation.

Thanks in advance,

ZS

Edited by shikarnov

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Per USCIS:

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

USCIS only needs it to be certified by the translator, it does not need to be translated by a professional, only someone who is conversant in both languages.

Does this have to do with adjustment of status?

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have had very good luck with Nevesta. They are very nice, thorough, and reasonably priced. They did all my certified translations for all my documents, including legal contracts.

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Filed: Timeline
Can anybody recommend a good stateside Russian to English translation company that is, preferably, not too expensive, but that can translate a handwritten birth certificate accurately and certify their work as an official translation.

Thanks in advance,

ZS

I don't know a company, but I know a woman who will do it for you pretty inexpensively. Shoot me a pm if you're interested. As YuandDan says, it only needs to be "certified" by the person doing the translation, which she will also do for you.

Do it yourself, dude.

Attach a sheet that says, "translated by XXXXXXX/petitioner who is proficient in Russian language."

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself (maybe a little conflict of interest, no?) then get someone at the local college or somewhere near you to translate it for $20. All they'd have to do to "certify" it is to type up a little "XXXXXXXX, University of XXXX Russian Language Dept."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I know one that is outstanding and inexpensive. I would totally recommend Anasataia Ash. I have done 2 K-1's. She did the second. It was half the price, much more professional, and she had it to me in an amazingly quick time. She is active in another forum I go to and everyone who has used her services raves about her.

I don't recall exactly what she charged me but it was in the $ 25.00 range. She has a website. www.regaltranslations.com If you use her you will never regret it.

Edited by Turboguy

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I translated everything myself. But I am a professional interpreter.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

My fiancee sent me all the stuff already translated.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

My fiancee sent me all the stuff already translated.

Wow...your wife is gonna be pissed when she finds out.

Dude, you've always gotta have a plan B. (And C, D, E... etc.) Don't think she doesn't have one or two lined up to "sponsor" her for her 10-year card just in case I divorce her before the summer.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.