snookums03

need your advice..

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys!!

hope you are doing well and get to see your loved ones for this holiday season.

i have two questions.

my fiancee and I are using John Roth as our attorney.and i was wondering is it just our case or are there any others that he doesnt give a damn about.we sent our petition March 25th and uscis got it the next day.we are still waiting for our NOA2.the lawyer never answers any emails,doesnt return phone calls,makes stupid mistakes.i mean we did pay almost $4000..just wanted to see if there are any other people that have him as their attorney and want to share their experience.

Another question is..im Russian and my country is eligible for a green card lottery this year..will it somehow affect our K1 petition if i apply for a green card??

Thanks a lot.good luck i your journey and merry christmas.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

you are out of the processing timeframe from USCIS, so your best bet will probably be calling USCIS yourself and make an inquiry on your petition.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline
you are out of the processing timeframe from USCIS, so your best bet will probably be calling USCIS yourself and make an inquiry on your petition.

we did call them million times and even made our lawyer call them.they said they are processing March 8th petitions.thats what our lawyer said.

i dont know what to do.. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

we did call them million times and even made our lawyer call them.they said they are processing March 8th petitions.thats what our lawyer said.

i dont know what to do.. :crying:

We are also using John Roth and Associates. My experience with them is that they work at their own pace. We finished sending our paperwork too them back at the end of April. I left for Morocco on May 7th thinking our paperwork would be sent by the time I returned. When I returned nothing had been done with our file and I called and was told they still needed more documents. My question to them was "why was I not told this before I left?" I then sent them what they were asking for and still nothing. Called AGAIN. Now they were trying to decide if I should file a K1 or go to Morocco and marry him (be in Morocco for 1-3 months) or continue with the K1. If I wanted to go there and marry him, that's what I would have done. I explained to them that I have a job and a son and I cant just pack my life up and leave for 1-3 months. To make this long story short our petition was never mailed until AUGUST!!! Now here we are sitting and waiting. I just recently received an email from Roth and Associates stating that our case was previously being handled in another state by a law assistant but now it was being transferred to NYC because Mr. Roth wants to handle our case personally. Dont know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I can not say it wasn't a good idea hiring them because we haven't really had any issues yet. However, had I known before how many individuals actually do this on their own and are successful, I certainly would have thought twice about hiring them.

Remember - worry looks around, sorry looks back and faith looks up.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The processing dates may change in a couple of days, if they do you might be out of the processing times so you can call. You can check them on the USCIS website. Please also fill in your timeline so people can tailor their responses to your questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

If you applied in March for a K1 you are definitely outside the processing time limits. Your fiance needs to make an infopass appointment and involve a senator/congressman.

A green card lottery application will NOT affect your K1 petition. But you missed the deadline this year. You can apply beginning October 2009 for US entry in 2010. But my guess is you'll be in the US by then.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

According to the USCIS they are still within processing times. Anything before 7 Mar 2008 (for VSC) is outside of processing times. It's silly I know but when the dates are updated soon, hopefully changed to a closer date, then they should be able to call.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.