muchosuerte

I-765, Employment Authorization

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

We are filing I-765 with our I-485. She is here on a K-1 and we are now married. I'm a bit confused about how to answer questions 16, Eligibility. Do I use (a) (6) or © (9)? What is the difference?

I hope I'm posting these questions in the right place. The search engine doesn't seem to help me much.

c9

Sarahusaukflag.jpgRobbie

Our ROC Journey

Feb 23, 2011: ROC packet sent to VSC

Feb 24, 2011: Packet rec'd at VSC

Feb 25, 2011: NOA date

Mar 04, 2011: Rec'd NOA dated 2/25

Mar 18, 2011: Rec'd Biometrics Appt letter

Apr 08, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

Aug 26, 2011: Approval letter rec'd dated 8/22

Timeline
We are filing I-765 with our I-485. She is here on a K-1 and we are now married. I'm a bit confused about how to answer questions 16, Eligibility. Do I use (a) (6) or © (9)? What is the difference?

I hope I'm posting these questions in the right place. The search engine doesn't seem to help me much.

The ( c ) was converted to a copyright sign in my question above, sorry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If you arrived on K1 visa, use C9, for more detailed info, you can refer to "Example Forms". Good lucky B)

Timeline

If you arrived on K1 visa, use C9, for more detailed info, you can refer to "Example Forms". Good lucky B)

The sample forms a VERY helpful, but I am not always sure if and when the sample forms apply to my case.

Thank You

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

(c )(9 ) is based on the pending I-485 and is part of the $1010 paid for the I-485.

(a )(6 ) is based on the K-1 and pays $340 and the EAD expires 90 days after entry to the USA.

K-1 should NEVER file for an EAD based on the K-1 visa, the processing time (90 days) guarantees that the EAD will be denied, or expire within days of it being issued. A tremendous waste of $340.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.