15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Dear friends ...

i just received by my wife a letter from Chicago ,IL telling ...

the processing in your case has been delayed , Acheck of our records establishes that your case is not ready for decision , As requird investigation into your background remains open .

untill the background investigation is completed , we cannot move forward on your case , these background checks are requird to be completed in all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking .we will make every effort to to make a decision on this case as soon as background checks are complete, if you don't receive any decision or notice of action from us within 6 months from this letter , please call customers service .

I want to ask what does that mean please ??

my I29 approved in 12 dec 2006

my interview was in 10 April 2007

221g issued and the file returnd back to approving office for reviwing

on other hand my I130 got approved at the same date 12 dec 2006

we applied for I824 get an action of approved case in 1 April 2008

we received a notice of action I797c in 23 july telling they receive our application and they will process it

im fully confused , I want to know what to do please .

Thanks in advanced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Right now they are doing security checks which is referred to as Administrative Processing (AP.) These can take ANY amount of time and they don't have a time limit.

I am curious though because you were given 221g, which usually refers to AP and now they are re-stating it?

What was the original 221g for?

If both applications were approved in Dec 2006, why did you do the I-824?

Are you doing Adjustment of status from within the U.S. or consular processing?

Do you have an attorney handling your case?

Have you had contact with your elected representatives?

Timeline
Right now they are doing security checks which is referred to as Administrative Processing (AP.) These can take ANY amount of time and they don't have a time limit.

I am curious though because you were given 221g, which usually refers to AP and now they are re-stating it?

What was the original 221g for?

If both applications were approved in Dec 2006, why did you do the I-824?

Are you doing Adjustment of status from within the U.S. or consular processing?

Do you have an attorney handling your case?

Have you had contact with your elected representatives?

Thank you for your answer

the original 221g was for the interview i had in 10 april 2007 in USA embassy in my country .

i did the I824 because i need to take a new action for my approved case I130 to sent the file to Jordan for another interview . This is what my attorney did by himself .

i didn't get the visa to enter USA yet so im not doing Adjustment of status yet therefore i applied for I824 to get action and then to complete the steps (i don't know if im doing the true step !!)

Yes i do have an attorney but im not sure if he is doing well with the case

I hope you still have information for me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm confused as to why your attorney thought you needed a second interview if your case was in 221(g). . . .

Was your original interview for the same I-130 or for the K3 (129F)?

What was marked off on the 221(g)? Was it security checks that time too or something different?

What was the date of your last interview?

If your last interview was April, 2007 you need to go ahead and have your wife start doing inquiries through elected officials. She can find her U.S. Reps at www.house.gov or www.senate.gov

You will want to start looking at the term "administrative processing" on this site and Family Based Immigration. There is a wealth of information about it, mostly depressing, but informative that will help you understand what is going on. There is no time limit on AP but there are things you can do to make sure that they are aware you are watching and are concerned about your case. Your attorney can do nothing to speed it up. . .until it has been more than two years in which case it is lawsuits or Writs of Mandamus, etc. . . usually the cases are cleared up much before that time period hits. It is just a horrible feeling of uncertainty.

Timeline
I'm confused as to why your attorney thought you needed a second interview if your case was in 221(g). . . .

What was marked off on the 221(g)? Was it security checks that time too or something different?

If your last interview was April, 2007 you need to go ahead and have your wife start doing inquiries through elected officials. She can find her U.S. Reps at www.house.gov or www.senate.gov

You will want to start looking at the term "administrative processing" on this site and Family Based Immigration. There is a wealth of information about it, mostly depressing, but informative that will help you understand what is going on. There is no time limit on AP but there are things you can do to make sure that they are aware you are watching and are concerned about your case. Your attorney can do nothing to speed it up. . .until it has been more than two years in which case it is lawsuits or Writs of Mandamus, etc. . . usually the cases are cleared up much before that time period hits. It is just a horrible feeling of uncertainty.

my original interview was for k3 I129

what was marked off on the 221g was i have failed to convince the co of my relationship with the petitioner

so was not secuirty check i guess

the date of my interview was 10 april 2007

i hope that answers and im still looking for more information please

now my I130 already approved in 12 dec 2006

but my attorney applied for I824 to take an action and he told me we need it to get another interview

after i enter USA we will complete I129 k3 is that true?

or i need to finish both together?

how long it takes to complete beckground check ??

how come my case was approved before with out background check and now its requird ??

how come they check my background if i have never been in USA before?

more information please

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

what was marked off on the 221g was i have failed to convince the co of my relationship with the petitioner

but my attorney applied for I824 to take an action and he told me we need it to get another interview

how come my case was approved before with out background check and now its requird ??

more information please

So, your k3 interview was sent back for AP, and now your lawyer wants to push for another interview as a CR1?

Thats what Im gathering from this. Is that the case?

Im sorry I dont have any answers. I hope it works out and you can get some results soon.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

ween in jordan are you?

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So the original interview was for the K3 but did you inform Jordan that you had an approved CR-1/IR-1 as well? If you did they would of noted the other visa on your file and told you how to get this interview turned into the CR-1/IR-1.

This is a big issue and should of been addressed immediately. Did they ask for more evidence? Did they give you a time frame for the submittal or did they send the file back to the local approving service center for them to check the relationship more closely? Your wife should of gotten something from them within one year or even been asked to attend an interview at her local office.

Yes, originally it was not for security checks. But anyone wanting to come to the USA has to have security checks run on them and all must come back cleared and clean.

One year from original interview would of fallen around April/May 2008.

The original visa interview is up for NOIR OR NOID it sounds like. NOIR is Notice of Intent to Revoke and NOID is Notice of Intent to Deny. Your wife needs to really find out the status of the original petition.

I do not understand why the attorney did this since your file was being sent back because the CO does not believe your marriage is legit. This has to be addressed before anything is put into security checks.

If you interview and get approved on the K3 you would need to adjust here in the states. But all of this is based on a decision that you do get approved for the K3.

When you file the two visa's you are hoping that the K3 is faster and you would interview for it and then come and adjust status in the US. If they both complete at the same time usually you forward the CR-1/IR-1 to the embassy and ask to interview that way. Then you would not need to have any AOS (adjustment of status).

Background check can take as long as they need. It can be weeks, months, and in some cases years just like emt103c stated earlier.

When you file a petition and is approved here in the states it is not a done deal. The paperwork in the states is looked at for accuracy only. The interview with the CO is to check the validty of your relationshiip and to run the security checks on your name and fingerprints. Once that person is satisfied and you meet all the requirements then a visa is issued.

Security checks are run on all applicants that want to come to the USA. Being male and from a Muslim country makes your checks more important and stringent than for someone like in a country like Greenland. Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

This is a list of countries that the men are scrutinzed more closely with before a visa is issued.

more information please

Hope this helps and you really need to talk to your wife and have her check on the status of the K3 and study up on Administrative Processing as well as NOIR and NOID applications.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

That was so nice to take the time to reply to each question

I just wanted to say that :)

Thanks!

Timeline
That was so nice to take the time to reply to each question

I just wanted to say that :)

Thank you.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

So the original interview was for the K3 but did you inform Jordan that you had an approved CR-1/IR-1 as well? If you did they would of noted the other visa on your file and told you how to get this interview turned into the CR-1/IR-1.

This is a big issue and should of been addressed immediately. Did they ask for more evidence? Did they give you a time frame for the submittal or did they send the file back to the local approving service center for them to check the relationship more closely? Your wife should of gotten something from them within one year or even been asked to attend an interview at her local office.

Yes, originally it was not for security checks. But anyone wanting to come to the USA has to have security checks run on them and all must come back cleared and clean.

One year from original interview would of fallen around April/May 2008.

The original visa interview is up for NOIR OR NOID it sounds like. NOIR is Notice of Intent to Revoke and NOID is Notice of Intent to Deny. Your wife needs to really find out the status of the original petition.

I do not understand why the attorney did this since your file was being sent back because the CO does not believe your marriage is legit. This has to be addressed before anything is put into security checks.

If you interview and get approved on the K3 you would need to adjust here in the states. But all of this is based on a decision that you do get approved for the K3.

When you file the two visa's you are hoping that the K3 is faster and you would interview for it and then come and adjust status in the US. If they both complete at the same time usually you forward the CR-1/IR-1 to the embassy and ask to interview that way. Then you would not need to have any AOS (adjustment of status).

Background check can take as long as they need. It can be weeks, months, and in some cases years just like emt103c stated earlier.

When you file a petition and is approved here in the states it is not a done deal. The paperwork in the states is looked at for accuracy only. The interview with the CO is to check the validty of your relationshiip and to run the security checks on your name and fingerprints. Once that person is satisfied and you meet all the requirements then a visa is issued.

Security checks are run on all applicants that want to come to the USA. Being male and from a Muslim country makes your checks more important and stringent than for someone like in a country like Greenland. Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

This is a list of countries that the men are scrutinzed more closely with before a visa is issued.

more information please

Hope this helps and you really need to talk to your wife and have her check on the status of the K3 and study up on Administrative Processing as well as NOIR and NOID applications.

really thank you so much for the way you answered me

seems you are so nice person and helpful

by the way you are telling me to tell my wife to find out about the status of k3 visa

can you tell me what she needs to do to know ??

in my profile in uscis website shows last update was in 16 march 2008

you said within a year my wife must hear something from them but she didn't

why do you think for now its 20 month's and still nothing?

when exactly they started to check my background?

in last message from them as i wrote in first post they tells

they can't move forward with out getting the report of background check

once again i really adore the way you answer my questions

and waiting for more information

Timeline

again to answer your inquiries

in the interview they didn't ask for any other evidence

she asked for real pictures and i hadn't them with me

i gave her about 400 pages of chat conversations

i gave about 50 pages of e-mails

20 pages of online webcam pictures

she asked for gifts or Ecards i gave her what i have

then she asked me to write a paper all what i know about my wife

she didn't bother to look in all what i gave her , what she said give me everything you have .

she was in hard mood and she fought with the applican before me

she was asking and when i start to answer she starts a new question

she asked me to rise up my right hand and to swear that i wrote everything in that paper she asked for

i asked her to give me a chance to bring the real pictures but she refused

Thank you

Timeline

really thank you so much for the way you answered me

seems you are so nice person and helpful

Your welcome.

by the way you are telling me to tell my wife to find out about the status of k3 visa

can you tell me what she needs to do to know ??

She needs to call DOS (Department of State) and have your case number, your complete full names, and case file number. She will then ask the operator for a status update. (202) 663-1225.

in my profile in uscis website shows last update was in 16 march 2008

you said within a year my wife must hear something from them but she didn't

why do you think for now its 20 month's and still nothing?

Sorry to not know but from the original 221(g) it means that she needs to find out the status of the case. Is it in pending AP, NOIR, or NOID? Until the CO is satisfied that your marriage is legit they will not process the case any further.

when exactly they started to check my background?

I am not sure since your lawyer filed another set of paperwork without the first set complete on the validity of your marriage.

in last message from them as i wrote in first post they tells

they can't move forward with out getting the report of background check

Since you have to sets of paperwork going at this time I am not sure what to tell you other than to have your wife contact DOS. I think they are available Monday - Friday business hours.

once again i really adore the way you answer my questions

and waiting for more information

Timeline
again to answer your inquiries

in the interview they didn't ask for any other evidence

she asked for real pictures and i hadn't them with me

i gave her about 400 pages of chat conversations

i gave about 50 pages of e-mails

20 pages of online webcam pictures

she asked for gifts or Ecards i gave her what i have

then she asked me to write a paper all what i know about my wife

she didn't bother to look in all what i gave her , what she said give me everything you have .

she was in hard mood and she fought with the applican before me

she was asking and when i start to answer she starts a new question

she asked me to rise up my right hand and to swear that i wrote everything in that paper she asked for

i asked her to give me a chance to bring the real pictures but she refused

Thank you

From what you said this is not good at all. Why did you or your wife not try and see what was happening before now? CO's have a list of things that they look at with relationships and if they have any RED FLAGS on your case they note it in advance.

Questions to ask yourself? RED FLAGS

1. Did you marry in another culture or religion?

2. Is there a very large age difference between the two of you?

3. How long did you know each other before you got engaged? Then how long before the marriage?

4. Did you meet more than once before your marriage?

5. Did both families agree to the marriage? Did your wife and family actually meet when she was in Jordan?

6. Is your marriage known to all or hidden?

7. How many marriages is this for either party?

8. Did a divorce occur and then a quick marriage to this spouse concerning either person?

And the list can go on and on. Also, a lot of times when they do not believe the validity of the marriage they will send out a field investigator and that person will inquire in your neighborhood, at your job, and sometimes to other family members to see if they have information on your marriage and foreign spouse.

I am not a lawyer and this is all the advice that I can offer to you. Try and get some answers on your K3 and good luck to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.