Shadowednavi

Second request for evidence

4 posts in this topic

Shadowednavi's husband writing here.

So, I'm now 4 months into the AoS and EAD process, as you can imagine I'm starting to sweat a bit about being able to work, as finances are getting tight.

The intitial applications for AoS and EAD were made on August 10th, with a request for my wife's W-2 for the affidavet of support coming in a few weeks later (28th of August, I think). This got in and the case continued processing on September 23rd.

Since then we've heard nothing, my EAD remaining "On August 13th we sent a NoA" every time I check it.

Now, on Dec 8th my AoS has changed to "we have mailed you requesting evidence", last time this happened, my EAD was paused and it's now been over 4 months since I filed, and still no work authorization.

I have been told from multiple sources on the sidelines to "just keep waiting" yet I can't get any guarantees on how long I'll have to wait.

On the flipside, my wife's family are constantly pressuring me to get in contact with them and try to push the case forward, where I have no grounds to, and my 2 inquiries thus far have met simple "your case is in normal time" responces.

I thought people here would have a better scope on the situation, what is the best thing to do at this point and would the second request for evidence cause me a longer wait on my EAD?

Edited by Shadowednavi

Yep, definitely make an Infopass appt.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

If they requested evidence on your EAD then your application is on hold.

What did you not send? They only want a copy of your passport page, I94, and a couple of photos. Was all of that included with the application?

i don't get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.