NickD

Wife's co-worker has a rollover.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Really question this system for medical interpreters, on call for the full weekend and expected to cover a 50 mile radius, not bad in the summer, but can be miserable in the winter. Her co-worker was called to a hospital 45 miles away, upon going there with snow, she slid on the interstate, went off the embankment and rollover three times. Was driving a late model Honda, was sore, but otherwise unhurt, car is a mess.

Now get this, the police came by, called the ambulance and tow trucks, but when the cop asked her how fast she was going, she was honest and said about 45 mph, speed limit is 65 mph. He said, that was too fast so gave her a speeding ticket. First time I heard that one, but if it happens to us, will say 1 mph.

Wife's co-worker is sore, her car it totaled and a speeding ticket to boot, crazy.

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Depending on the condition, 45 could have been too fast, as evidenced by the wreck. I mean, sometimes when I drive in azz winter weather, the appropriate speed is more like 30-35 even on the highway. I like seeing all the people (almost always in SUVs or minivans) who think I am a slow idiot in the ditches in the miles ahead. Makes my slow drive far more entertaining.

I'm glad she was not hurt though.

Edited by Wacken

Filed: Timeline

I've heard of people getting tickets for "speeding" in poor road conditions. I think the speed limit is thrown out when the roads are bad and you're expected to use your own judgement and travel at a speed that is safe for the conditions.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

The driver needs to maintain a speed that is safe for the road conditions. 45 on slippery roads is too fast. Its a wonder she didn't get a careless or wreckless driving ticket.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I remembered it was a very blizzardry morning. Snow was growing an inch almost every second on the ground. Then, came a zooming 1984 nissan at above my speed of 25 mph. The road limit was 65 mph. Well, it turned out he lost control on the slippery, snowy conditions by hitting the highway rail and doing flip.

The kid was 17 years old. He died instantly. Careless. Thought he could defeat mother nature by going at the speed. I couldn't even control my car that has electronic stability control, new winter tires that I shed 600 dollars for.....imagine an old car with no electronic stability control, and with worn out junk yard tires plus going at 50 mph on a heavy snow condition.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg