i lost my visa packet!!! help!!!

33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I lost my passport during my POE then there is a little girl who saw it....I hope everything will be fine to you there....

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

can someone pls. tell me what i should do and who to talk to to report the lost of my visa packet...

iam on a stop over here in hongkong for 7 days and i left the packet on the bus... help pls...

what should i do?

Don't ever stop looking for that visa packet while you are still there. Report the loss to any US Consulate as soon as possible. That packet contains all your files including your petition, your medical papers, all the papers filled out at the embassy. Everything that they took from you and your husband to add to your file. All that stuff gonna have to be regenerated again. Don't hesitate to ask for help from US Consulate to find out what your next steps will be.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
guys, pls dont forget to answer the important information at the back of your passport where it asks about whom to notify in case of emergency. in case you lost your passport and someone pick it up, it can be returned to you if you have that piece of information. i just learned that from the PDOS at CFO.

destiny belongs to those who believe in their dreams and have the courage to really pursue it!

dont stop when you're tired, stop when you are done!

sis, how are u now? did u find your packet now? im sorry it happen to u, just wonder, where did u put it? i really take good care of the envelops i have, one for and for son, i was like making sure i saw that hand carry bag everytime, i even put it underneath my chair cuz i know there are very important stuff in there, i can probably afford losing my walet than losing those envelop. sis i do hope someone will find it and return it, but the question now? i remember there is no name in there right? or in just wrong, but really i hope u find it soon.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

does the warning sign that says " do not open" still there? i hope nobody will dare to open it.

destiny belongs to those who believe in their dreams and have the courage to really pursue it!

dont stop when you're tired, stop when you are done!

guys! i found them nah! woo0oooh!!! thank God!!!

kala ko mapupurnada na pagkikita namen ng aking esposo. gud thing di ko ba nasabi sa kanya, kundi nagaalala lang sya.

thank u for ur support guys... God bless u all!

to the Voltes V: sana dumating na lahat sa inyo... goodluck!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;qpid=2465109

guys, thank u for ur sympathy and effort advising me what to do... u guys are right, calling the bus company didn't solved it but going there in person did.

i went to the hk airport and headed to the cityflyers bus co. , from there, i sought for the co. officer and explained to him what i have been through. without hesitation, he went inside the lost-and-found-room. when he came back to me, he ask for my passport so i handed it to him. then he went in again and when he came back for the last time, wwwwaaaaaaaaaaalaaah!!! he was holding our visa packets... dang i was shouting!!!

he said the call center agents are not able to tell me that they have found my items bec. the items are not at the service center yet. it was due to be turned over on Friday. that's how the cycle goes. had i not gone there, i could have been contacted on Saturday and i may have probably had flown back to phil. or canceled my flight this Sunday by then.

lesson learned. ill be guarding these docs with my life. hope u do too... u don't wanna go thru the stress and tension i went, trust me..

again thank u guys for reaching me out. u helped me a lot!!!

Edited by maileen_bernis

1_582165431l.jpg1_311153157l.jpg

medical: aug. 19 '08

paid dv: sept. 16 '08

interview date: sept 18 '08

dv to nso: sept. 18 '08

dv @ usembassy: oct. 28 '08

visa on transit: nov. 28 ' 08

visa on hand: dec. 2 '08

u.s. entry: dec. 14 '08

guys, thank u for ur sympathy and effort advising me what to do... u guys are right, calling the bus company didn't solved it but going there in person did.

i went to the hk airport and headed to the cityflyers bus co. , from there, i sought for the co. officer and explained to him what i have been through. without hesitation, he went inside the lost-and-found-room. when he came back to me, he ask for my passport so i handed it to him. then he went in again and when he came back for the last time, wwwwaaaaaaaaaaalaaah!!! he was holding our visa packets... dang i was shouting!!!

he said the call center agents are not able to tell me that they have found my items bec. the items are not at the service center yet. it was due to be turned over on Friday. that's how the cycle goes. had i not gone there, i could have been contacted on Saturday and i may have probably had flown back to phil. or canceled my flight this Sunday by then.

lesson learned. ill be guarding these docs with my life. hope u do too... u don't wanna go thru the stress and tension i went, trust me..

again thank u guys for reaching me out. u helped me a lot!!!

It's a good thing that everything ended very well. I can only imagine the stress that you went through. I guess it was not only a lesson for you but for everyone else so that they would take good care of their packets. Needless to say, until you reach your POE in the US, the visa packet is the most important set of documents we have. Our futures depend on them. :)

PS Actually I almost lost my passport. When my wife got something from our car, my passport holder fell off the car. It was a good thing that I saw the passport wallet in the street before we left. Otherwise, it would have also been a nightmare for me. :)

Edited by Jose Rizal

Timeline

I AM SO GLAD YOU FIND IT!

WHEN I READ YOUR FIRST ENTRY ON THIS ONE , I KEEP ON READING ON THE ADVICES AND I SAID TO MYSELF THAT I HOPE THERE IS A HAPPY ENDING...I FELT THE TENSION TOO BUT I AM SO GLAD ITS REALLY A HAPPY ENDING..

SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL! AT LEAST YOU HAVE LEARNED A VERY VALUABLE LESSON...ITS REALLY NICE TO HAVE PEOPLE LIKE VJs THAT ARE WITH YOU DURING THOSE DIFFICULT TIMES, IT MAKES THINGS EASIER AND MAKES THE JOURNEY WORTHWHILE..

GOD BLESS TO US ALL AND TAKE CARE EVERYONE!

Timeline

hi maileen. that is one hell of experience you've got. Lesson learned here is for everyone too. Now that it's over you can enjoy your hongkong trip. :) oh keep them in your hand carry bag. take care.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.