k34

YAY! + Question?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

Soooo excited right now... for the first time ever, our case status came up as something other than "not found". And that something other than "not found" is Approved! :D It says that a notice of approval was mailed on December 1st. Then when I click the receipt number in my account, it gives the approval date as Dec. 2. Either way... how long does it take for this to get to us? Seems like we should either have had this by now or else any day now. No email notification either yet.

Is it possible that USCIS is not the well-oiled machine that they might like us to believe it is? :rofl:

Sorry... a little giddy right now! ;)

• 7/7/08 -- I-129f sent
  • 7/9/08 -- I-129f received at CSC
  • 7/24/08 -- NOA1 (finally!)
  • 12/2/08 -- NOA2 (WOOT!!!!)
  • 12/8/08 -- received at NVC
  • 12/22/08 -- packet 3 (with packet 4 attachment instead of checklist :P)
  • 12/29/08 -- packet 3 sent back with bits and pieces that I pulled together to make up a packet 3
  • 1/5/09 -- actual packet 3 received, but found out by via e-mail that they were satisfied with what I had already provided
  • 2/10/09 -- found out via call to DoS that my interview is scheduled!
  • 3/16/09 -- interview!!!! APROVED!!!
  • 4/7/09 -- MOVE!!!!!!!!
    Crossed at Detroit/Windsor Tunnel... pretty painless, about 45 minutes, inexperienced officer, asked for and received EA stamp
  • 4/13/09 -- Married in New Orleans!!!!!!!!
  • 5/30/09 -- Filed AOS/AP/EAD
  • 6/1/09 -- AOS etc received in Chicago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi!

Soooo excited right now... for the first time ever, our case status came up as something other than "not found". And that something other than "not found" is Approved! :D It says that a notice of approval was mailed on December 1st. Then when I click the receipt number in my account, it gives the approval date as Dec. 2. Either way... how long does it take for this to get to us? Seems like we should either have had this by now or else any day now. No email notification either yet.

Is it possible that USCIS is not the well-oiled machine that they might like us to believe it is? :rofl:

Sorry... a little giddy right now! ;)

First, congrats on the great news!!!!

Second, a question: My Online Case Status has come up as "not found" for the past 3 months whenever I enter my receipt number. I've called USCIS and they are able to locate my info when I speak to a higher level person, but as far as the Online Case Status system, nothing. If I understood correctly, you too were never able to check your online case status either until yesterday when you checked again and now when you entered your receipt number your case came up (and approved!!!). Is that correct? I understand that not coming up on the Online Case Status system has no bearing on my case, but hearing that this happened to someone else who was then approved will put me at ease.

Thanks and best of luck!

K

11410.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Congratulations. :)

The online system is unreliable...at best. It's more a courtesy.

OP.. it has everything to do with where your fiance lives in the U.S. That is where the approved petition notice (I-797/NOA2) will be sent.

CSC is notorious for taking their time getting approved petitions over to NVC. Your next step is either to call NVC to see if the case has arrived there (need to talk to a human as they're not entered into the automated system). Or wait a bit and call DOS to see if/when it was sent to the Embassy.

...or, simply wait for word from the Embassy.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.