culture1

where to get police records

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Need some clarity...my SO got 'advice' that he has to go to Kingston for police record, not at the parish police headquarters. Can someone steer him in the right direction? Hoping to get it all together for a January interview....

Culture1st[/font]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Police Records

Available. Residents of Jamaica should apply for police certificates at the Ministry of National Security, 3 Oxford Rd., Kingston 5. They must present a passport, two passport-sized photographs, fee receipt, and evidence, such as a form letter of instructions to visa applicants, that the Embassy requires them to obtain police certificates for immigration purposes. There is both express, three-day service and a 21-day service.

After the application is processed, the applicant should take the receipt to 79 East Street in downtown Kingston, where the applicant is fingerprinted. At the end of the specified period, applicants should return to 79 East Street to collect the police certificate.

Jamaicans living abroad and former residents of Jamaica may also obtain police certificates, but will need someone in Jamaica to act on their behalf. The applicant should furnish the person applying for the record on their behalf with fingerprints, a certificate of character from a Notary Public or Lay Magistrate, two passport size photographs and a letter of consent authorizing application. These documents are to be taken to the Ministry of National Security at 3 Oxford Road, Kingston 5.

The issued certificate measures 8 x 6 inches with a heading of "Jamaican Constabulary." A photograph of the applicant is attached and an impression seal is placed on the photograph.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3590.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline
Need some clarity...my SO got 'advice' that he has to go to Kingston for police record, not at the parish police headquarters. Can someone steer him in the right direction? Hoping to get it all together for a January interview....

Culture, have your SO check into a local police station, but he has to go to Kingston for the prints (finger)...let me see if I can find out more. My SO's friend just did it, but he lives in Mobay.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Lawny i thought u would have to do everything in Kingston?

He's near Mobay, so avoiding a trip to Kgst is best for him. but yu do what yu got to do! let me know if you find out more....and how much is that fee? thanks, C1

Culture1st[/font]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He's near Mobay, so avoiding a trip to Kgst is best for him. but yu do what yu got to do! let me know if you find out more....and how much is that fee? thanks, C1

I say..get everything done in Kingston...I know the travel is a hassle....with going to Kng he would have to make 2 stops. Does he drive? u can get express which is about 3 days for $2000 or 2 wks for couple hundred

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I say..get everything done in Kingston...I know the travel is a hassle....with going to Kng he would have to make 2 stops. Does he drive? u can get express which is about 3 days for $2000 or 2 wks for couple hundred

He's going to go, yes he drives...he just would like to avoid losing a day of work if possible.

Fees? anyone know how much for the police record? Money is the real issue for all these details to be completed.....and I just got an IRS tax letter, i'm behind ...and what's more important?...what if i pay them but can't afford to go for the interview?...

feeling my neck tighten and shoulders go up...............we're close...need some push...... :(

Culture1st[/font]

Kimmy, that's what I thought also and that's what we did, but a few of Marcel's friends went to a police station in Mobay filled out the paperwork and paid the fees, but they had to go to Kingston to do the prints. They picked up the police certificate in Mobay without having to go back to Kingston. I dont know if it's something new, but he said it cost around $3500.

Culture; to be on the safe side, just get everything done in Kingston. When he gets there he has to go to two different places. One to fill out some paperwork and pay for the fee and the other to get his prints done. He's going to have to go back to Kingston to pick it up. He'll also need his passport and 2 pictures. Check with someone who did it recently, I can't remember the addressed in Kingston.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You're right Kimmy. You HAVE to do EVERYTHING in Kingston!! A few of my friends had the wrong police record when they went to MoBay police station. It in downtown Kingston, near the bus terminal! Good luck Culture!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Culture;

Did you find the information? If not give me a link and I'll send it to you. Just have him go to Kingston. I tried to send you an e-mail but it bounced back. My husband left around 4:30 in the morning by bus and got back to Mobay before 12 noon. He'll have to go back and pick it up and when he does, tell him to make sure his name is spelled RIGHT!

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here's the website:

http://www.congenjamaica-ny.org/General%20...lice%20cert.htm

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.