Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My fiance said there is a power outage in New Hampshire.

This is getting to be very frustrating, it doesnt help any when you're a very impatient person.

It does look very bad there. Still and all I'm fed up with waiting. I'm getting quite discouraged really.

I am with you completely..... sometimes I feel like why us!!!!

We havent even called at all, we figured we would just wait on their reply to our email.

I wish this waiting would end.... it feels like a nightmare I cant get out of.

They are changing their story as of tonight.

All along they've been saying 2 to 4 weeks. Now we're told they cannot estimate.

We would be there 4 weeks on Dec 18.... I did a little more research on old timelines for K1 from 2 years ago and I actually came across one that lasted 3 freakin months......

Mostl people were usually out in about 4-6 weeks though... like I said I am giving them till month end to get our file out.

Hang in there cdneh, I know it's frustrating, I wish there was something we could all do.......

3 months isn't too bad :blink:

It's the not knowing at all that makes the whole thing worse.

What are you going to do at the end of the month? Just curious. :star:

Were really not going to do anything...hehehe, but WAIT even more.

I guess I was just giving us a date to kind a look forward to in hopes that by this time it would be done....if it is, it would be a GREAT New Years present... not calling everyday like we used to was really hard at first, but after a few days we've gotten used to the idea not calling till month end.

Do any of you have any idea what could be causing the delay...such as common name, somthing in your past, backround checks that would cause a red flag... no need to go into details but seems to me there has to be a reason for them to be holding on to our files....

For us I can think of a couple.... like recent divorce and previous arrest from 16 years ago of a misdimeanor minor offense which according to their questions on the application doesnt apply as a cause for concern....sooooo I thought, well that has to be it for us....not sure boutthe rest of you.

Regardless, I am glad that we have each other to keep company, thank you all

We had our NOA2 in Sept, so we are expert at WAITING!!! :bonk:

Yeah, we try and call every other day now.

All I know is that it's checks, well that's what they told us at USCIS - we where held up there too! As for the NVC, I only guessing it's the same. Names or something. I wonder if we will ever know....

If it's the same thing we were held up at USCIS for that would make me frustrated - why can't the clip/attach the evidence already found.

I'm happy that I have found you guys now to keep me company! I thought I was the only one!

:thumbs: Seems there's a few of us, and it's good to have company while we hurry up and wait. :blush:

Too right!

They won't even tell me how long we have been in AP. I do know it's a been roughly 5 weeks though.

We found out how long when he escalated to a supervisor. They kept telling us that no, we weren't in AP, no, there wasn't anything untoward with the case, they just hadn't got round to sending it.

She told him in spite of what the Level 1 people had told us, and in spite of the 2 letters dated the 24th and 26th November that said our case would go out to the consolate in a week, that we were in AP and had been since the 21st November.

Yes, we had a similar story. Told it was being sent. Nothing wrong with the case....everyone goes though this....blah.

We have put in service requests and had letters back saying that they will let us know once the case has been forwarded on to London. Huh! Waste of paper.

How did you get to a supervisor? We have asked and told it wasn't possible.

He just kept repeating his request.

"You are unable to answer my questions, so I need to speak with someone who can. Please escalate my call to a Supervisor."

We've done that twice so far.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance told me today that when he called he wasa placed on hold and when the man returned he could hear what seems to noises of papers as if he was going thru our papers...I thought they only had the computer as reference and not the actual file, I found this to be really odd and interesting, hhmmmmm

My fiance told me today that when he called he wasa placed on hold and when the man returned he could hear what seems to noises of papers as if he was going thru our papers...I thought they only had the computer as reference and not the actual file, I found this to be really odd and interesting, hhmmmmm

Reading the newspaper? Having his lunch? ;) Could be anything...

Timeline
I cant believe it...but we called, yes we did....

Same old story..... still in AP....this is a busy time of the year sir, and your case is still under review pls call back.

It's busy all year with petitions, not just Christmas time! That makes me roll.

Timeline

He just kept repeating his request.

"You are unable to answer my questions, so I need to speak with someone who can. Please escalate my call to a Supervisor."

We've done that twice so far.

I will give that a try, don't want to upset the though. I think the person on the end of the phone reads the answers off a sheet.

We have been placed on hold - but only for 10 seconds or so. No paper noise for us. :angry:

Reading the newspaper? Having his lunch? ;) Could be anything...

:reading: HAHA!

Wrapping Xmas gifts maybe !?!??!

Still there as of tonight.

Getting cranky now :angry: NOA2 date is a month ago today..what the heck is the hold-up?

Timeline

Hey Guys....Im not sure if I should be dancing right now as their email was not very specific, but we emailed NVC last week if our case was sent out yet and this is their message below:

Good Day,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

This petition is now eligible for further processing. The petitioner,

beneficiary, and/or attorney of record will receive further instructions

regarding the processing of this petition.

Regards,

S9S

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

SI International, Support Contractor

What do you all think, does is sound like they are done with administrative processing and our case is now being forwarded to the Manila Consulate. We will call and follow up when my fiance gets out of work....

Timeline
Hey Guys....Im not sure if I should be dancing right now as their email was not very specific, but we emailed NVC last week if our case was sent out yet and this is their message below:

Good Day,

Regards,

S9S

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

What do you all think, does is sound like they are done with administrative processing and our case is now being forwarded to the Manila Consulate. We will call and follow up when my fiance gets out of work....

Oh I'm not sure?!?!? It sounds alot like that I'm told on the phone. I'd call them again before getting my hopes up. I hope it's good news for you though.

I called again today. Same ole story.

Timeline

Gosh, as I sit here and think about this email, I hope they dont mean that "we" need to provide them with further information to process our petition. It's just weird how they didnt say, your case has been forwarded to the consulate.

Timeline

Good Day,

Regards,

S9S

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Oh I'm not sure?!?!? It sounds alot like that I'm told on the phone. I'd call them again before getting my hopes up. I hope it's good news for you though.

I called again today. Same ole story.

Oh Gosh really...... I have emailed them at least 4 times in the past month and each time their response was that they have received our petition and assigned a case number and will notify us when it has been forwarded to the consulate. This is the only reply that is worded differently from the rest..

Arrggggg, I wish he could go home and call them real quick...my phone isnt working right now.

I really dont want to get my hopes up, but I am really hoping that this is a good sign.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.