Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We've been at NVC since Nov 18, we just found out yesterday we are in AP or administrative processing (backround check). :o Is anyone alse in this situation, maybe we can keep track together.

Thanks~

hI I looking through the posts and they do not send u package. Now u have to call embassy and make appointment mark mann (12/10/2008 7:35:09 PM): It used to be they sent you the date with your package wasn't it? But I thought I read somewhere that you are supposed to call now for an appointment. Is this true?

mark mann (12/10/2008 7:35:40 PM): Yep.. It is.. you call US embassy to schedule an interview and they will send you an email confirmation.

mark mann (12/10/2008 7:36:05 PM): If you are applying for K1/K2 or K3/K4, YES you should call the embassy for the interview schedule..

mark mann (12/10/2008 7:38:59 PM): From embassy website: The Immigrant Visa Information Call Center which can be reached at 1-909-101-7878 is available Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm (Philippine Time). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. There is a fee assessed to callers by the call center for its services. Also, you can call the embassy directly at +63-2-301-2000 ext. 5184-5185

phlover,

im confused as to why you posted this...what do you mean?

We've been at NVC since Nov 18, we just found out yesterday we are in AP or administrative processing (backround check). :o Is anyone alse in this situation, maybe we can keep track together.

Thanks~

hI I looking through the posts and they do not send u package. Now u have to call embassy and make appointment mark mann (12/10/2008 7:35:09 PM): It used to be they sent you the date with your package wasn't it? But I thought I read somewhere that you are supposed to call now for an appointment. Is this true?

mark mann (12/10/2008 7:35:40 PM): Yep.. It is.. you call US embassy to schedule an interview and they will send you an email confirmation.

mark mann (12/10/2008 7:36:05 PM): If you are applying for K1/K2 or K3/K4, YES you should call the embassy for the interview schedule..

mark mann (12/10/2008 7:38:59 PM): From embassy website: The Immigrant Visa Information Call Center which can be reached at 1-909-101-7878 is available Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm (Philippine Time). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. There is a fee assessed to callers by the call center for its services. Also, you can call the embassy directly at +63-2-301-2000 ext. 5184-5185

phlover,

I'm glad I'm not the only one...

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Thanks~

phlover,

it's strange how all our files were recd by NVC within a day or 2 of each other..... hmmmm, maybe the officer is on a long vacation :whistle::whistle:

Goodness, this is insane.

Thanks~

phlover,

it's strange how all our files were recd by NVC within a day or 2 of each other..... hmmmm, maybe the officer is on a long vacation :whistle::whistle:

Goodness, this is insane.

Absolutely.

Timeline
As of this evening no good news.

SIGH... at times Im calm :whistle: , at times I just dont think about it :unsure: but most times I just want to break down..... :crying::crying:

Is it possible that they have a specific officer assigned to AP cases and holding on to all of ours...

SIGH... at times Im calm :whistle: , at times I just dont think about it :unsure: but most times I just want to break down..... :crying::crying:

Is it possible that they have a specific officer assigned to AP cases and holding on to all of ours...

I don't know...but you do wonder why. WHY?

I wonder how many of us there are?

Timeline

cdneh,

I saw on another post you tried to call DOS...did you have any luck with that.... I wonder what other info they might be able to share that NVC wont...

cdneh,

I saw on another post you tried to call DOS...did you have any luck with that.... I wonder what other info they might be able to share that NVC wont...

We are trying tomorrow...if they have anything to say I'll post.

cdneh,

I got a message from phlover that Manila has their file.... I hope were all next....I hope he is not mistaken....

That's good news :thumbs: Perhaps if they are still here they could confirm ?

Timeline
cdneh,

I got a message from phlover that Manila has their file.... I hope were all next....I hope he is not mistaken....

I told him he should call NVC just to confirm, who knows anything can happen... I do hope he is right thats a good sign for us all.

Timeline
cdneh,

I told him he should call NVC just to confirm, who knows anything can happen... I do hope he is right thats a good sign for us all.

He has not updated his timeline...NVC has had thier file since the 19th..

cdneh,

He has not updated his timeline...NVC has had thier file since the 19th..

Would be a great help if they can find out when it was sent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.