Johny E.

RELIEF FOR FAMILIES OF IMMIGRANTS

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Let's clear things up. One..i created this topic to inform to all of those who ARE IN FAVOR of relief for families of immigrants where they could possibly make a difference and ask for the votes of those in favors. All of those who ARE NOT in favor, by all means DO NOT VOTE. I am an American Citizen by birth, live in a free country and understand the concept of democracy,I am not forcing any1 to vote or try to brainwash anyone with my personal opinios. If you go to that website you will see MANY other petitions, not jsut related to immigration issues where you can also vote. There are so many that I don't agree with, but I don't find the need to go to peoples posts and tear them down simply because im too mad or angry with my own situation. Im truly sorry if any of you feel that your life is even remotely harder because of illegal immigrats. I'm sorry if you feel that your loved ones can't be with you or couldn't be with you because of people like me. Who chose to marry someone who overstayed her visa, just remember that just like you, I dind't choose who I fell in love with. Once again, sorry about any misunderstanding, i wish u all the best of luck, to those who have been voting THANK YOU! BTW: My fiance applied for her waiver yesterday, another big step taken. Tnk you everyone who has been supporting us through all of this.

I dont think anyone was trying to "tear you down". Well, 'cept the one who said they hope your petition fails (ignore him).

I dont agree with it...so i didnt vote. No harm done.

I will say, in my opinion.....

If a USC happens to fall in love with an illegal immigrant, then a good option could be for them,the USC, to immigrate to the SO's home country while you wait. Instead of trying to rewrite the law.

I know that many of you don’t understand much about immigration procedures and I dnt blame you because I didn’t know ANYTHING about it until we started with our paperwork 9 months ago. As I mentioned my fiancée has just applied for a “waiver”, whish she qualifies for (not all illegal immigrants are given this benefit, it depends on the severity of ur case and criminal history). On this waiver I (USC) need to prove to the Department of Homeland Security that I would suffer EXTREME HARDSHIP to either live in America without my fiancé or move to her country to be with her. And they really mean when they say EXTREME, simply saying I would miss her wouldn’t get me anywhere. I hope I made some sense but the moral of the story is: unfortunately as much as I would love to be with her, I cannot go to her country due to many reasons it would take too long to write here (my hardship letter was 8 pages long with 40 pages of evidence to support it). and im not trying to change the law for me or my fiancée, truth is our futures will be decided long before this ever passes (IF IT EVER DOES). I just feel for those who might be in the situation im in, in the future. Jeez this is becoming quite a debate...never intended to.

I wasnt implying that to you only. I was basing it on the senarios given in the link you provided.

I did read that you said "overstayed her visa"

Im saying to familes who face a potential ban.

Listen, my husband and I have a date that we will wait until, after that we will look at other options.

We refuse to be be seperated forever, waiting for things to change with uscis or DOS...niether one of us broke the law and we have looked at that as an option.

Would it be hard? H*ll ya! But if in a position such as the ones stated in the link (20 years in the us illegally?) yep, go live there with the SO!

Dont worry about the debate factor lol

anytime the "illegal alien/immigrant" topic gets brought up..you will see people posting their opinions on the matter.

Lisa

TRUE! One thing we have in common, we all don't think it's fair to wait around for someone else to decide whether or not we should be with the ones we love. Regardless of the situation. BTW: we do face a potential ban, if our waiver is denied, she will have a 10 year bar, and the worst part is that if we had married in the U.S NOTHING of this would be happening, but she got some BAD advice from a greedy lawyer, and went back to her country to rectify her immigration status dumbest decision of OUR LIFES. So now we wait...and pray!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline
TRUE! One thing we have in common, we all don't think it's fair to wait around for someone else to decide whether or not we should be with the ones we love. Regardless of the situation. BTW: we do face a potential ban, if our waiver is denied, she will have a 10 year bar, and the worst part is that if we had married in the U.S NOTHING of this would be happening, but she got some BAD advice from a greedy lawyer, and went back to her country to rectify her immigration status dumbest decision of OUR LIFES. So now we wait...and pray!

Have any of you seen the movie "The Visitor?" It's about a man from Syria who was here illegally. He entered with his mother, then their application for asylum denied, then he was detained and deported. It was such a sad film. It sucks that the world has to be so damn complicated!

I really hope your fiance does not face a ban. Though... I'd personally rather move to Brazil than to Guinea. Can you say CHURRASCARIA! :yes:

Timeline

Have any of you seen the movie "The Visitor?" It's about a man from Syria who was here illegally. He entered with his mother, then their application for asylum denied, then he was detained and deported. It was such a sad film. It sucks that the world has to be so damn complicated!

I really hope your fiance does not face a ban. Though... I'd personally rather move to Brazil than to Guinea. Can you say CHURRASCARIA! :yes:

LOL. Ive been to Brazil twice, its not the paradize we (americans) think it is. unless u're a wealthy person, but no offense it might be better than guinea. U are right about that. I havent seen the movie, but I will. tnk u for the tip.

I understand completly, after all i'm also going through a never ending process, going into my 10th month of separation from my fiancee, and facing another 6-8 moths IF our waiver is approved. Like i said, every1 is free to feel and say what they may. Tnk u for ur support. and i wish u the same in return.

My wife went thru the wavier process from Brazil. From the day of NOA 1 for my fiance petition until the day her visa was issued was exactly 30 months. Numerous errors were made on our case from the beginning and continued thru the waiver process. Not our mistakes, but those of USCIS. But we paid the price, not them. I wish you the best of luck. It sounds like you have prepared a good hardship package.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline
I understand completly, after all i'm also going through a never ending process, going into my 10th month of separation from my fiancee, and facing another 6-8 moths IF our waiver is approved. Like i said, every1 is free to feel and say what they may. Tnk u for ur support. and i wish u the same in return.

My wife went thru the wavier process from Brazil. From the day of NOA 1 for my fiance petition until the day her visa was issued was exactly 30 months. Numerous errors were made on our case from the beginning and continued thru the waiver process. Not our mistakes, but those of USCIS. But we paid the price, not them. I wish you the best of luck. It sounds like you have prepared a good hardship package.

THANK YOU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.