PJB

never received RFE in mail

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The website says they mailed a RFE for my I-130 on Nov 18 but it never arrived. It came from the CA service center which is very close to my home in Los Angeles. The last RFE came in only 3 days. I called the phone # listed on the USCIS webpage but the machine says not to call about lost RFEs until 30 days after the mailing date. Anybody have this experience?

Feb 11, 2005 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

Aug 7,2005 married in the Cathedral in Dmitrov

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

Oct 2, 2008 Yuri received packets 3+4 from US Embassy Moscow

Nov 20, 2008 Interview....VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2008 Yuri arrived! No problems :)

April 20, 2009 mailed AOS

May 4, 2009 medical exam

May 21, 2009 biometrics done

June 5, 2009 received EAD by mail

Aug 10, 2009 interview-given greencard congradulations letter with stamp

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The website says they mailed a RFE for my I-130 on Nov 18 but it never arrived. It came from the CA service center which is very close to my home in Los Angeles. The last RFE came in only 3 days. I called the phone # listed on the USCIS webpage but the machine says not to call about lost RFEs until 30 days after the mailing date. Anybody have this experience?

You'd better call and speak to the live agent to find out what exactly is the RFE. Then, send the additional or fixed paper work to them. You can generate the coversheet using James's shortcut or write the case# or write letter with case# to explain it. Do not wait for the letter to come. Sometimes, it takes almost 3 weeks or get lost. It happened to me.

Timeline

You'd better call and speak to the live agent to find out what exactly is the RFE. Then, send the additional or fixed paper work to them. You can generate the coversheet using James's shortcut or write the case# or write letter with case# to explain it. Do not wait for the letter to come. Sometimes, it takes almost 3 weeks or get lost. It happened to me.

I looked at James shortcut but I can't see how it applies to RFEs or where the instructions are for RFEs. My 1st RFE was NOT from NVC but from the CA Service Center in Laguna. Wouldn't my missing RFE also be in the CA service center? My husband has a K3 visa and will arrive here next week. So does his I-130 still go to the NVC? Also my last RFE stated that I MUST include the original blue request sheet when I return the evidence. So how can I send the newly requested evidence without the original blue sheet?

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

May 4, 2009 medical exam

For all stuffs taht they not sent to people, people need to wait 30-40 day until new call.I am still not received my NOA2 hardcopy ( but received letter from NVC). And when my fiancee was call them to see why we are still not received NOA2 (I-797 C) they are say that they have no idea about that and if she not receive that in next 30 days that she need to call tem again.

So i mean that is with all other stuffs that they not sent to people in right time.

Timeline

Here is a shock. Never got the RFE but got an e-mail from USCIS today, that yesterday they mailed an approval for our I-130!! Hoorah!!!!! :dance:

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

May 4, 2009 medical exam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.