itsnews2

crying for help!!!!

4 posts in this topic

Greetings!!!

good morning to everyone here i am sending my letter to show to everyone about my problem . well i am married for an american who are presently residing in the philippines for over 2yrs now.we had a kid who is 10 months old now. our case is unique from other couple here since we are permanently live in the philippines and have business here. we would like to visit to the USA for 1-3 months in able to see and meet my husband family and relatives .

we dont know what kind of visa we supposed to do? how long it takes to approves? how hard to get it ? we need some help for the expertise who had same problem we had.. any help from everyone .we would cherish and be thankful for any help. thank you and have a nice day

Geri & Greg

post-58019-1228272662_thumb.jpg

[/color]

Greetings!!!

good morning to everyone here i am sending my letter to show to everyone about my problem . well i am married for an american who are presently residing in the philippines for over 2yrs now.we had a kid who is 10 months old now. our case is unique from other couple here since we are permanently live in the philippines and have business here. we would like to visit to the USA for 1-3 months in able to see and meet my husband family and relatives .

we dont know what kind of visa we supposed to do? how long it takes to approves? how hard to get it ? we need some help for the expertise who had same problem we had.. any help from everyone .we would cherish and be thankful for any help. thank you and have a nice day

Geri & Greg

Hi there!

I don't think you are alone in that kind of situation. I read lots of folks here just like you. Anyway, in your case you can take the K3 or CR1 route snce you are already married. It takes for about more than a year to process it. Like you, my fiance then now my husband lived together in the Philippines (Cebu) for more than a year. We decided not to get married there as per advised by his US atty. according to him it is faster to take this route and less paper work. I came here sa US having a K1 visa (Fiancee Visa). It took us almost 9 months since we filed the papers. The process is long and you have to have a strong FAITH and looonnnnggg patience.

I suggest that you read more on this site. U will mostly find your answers to your questions. This is AMAZING and HELPFUL site!

I wished you good luck and smooth journey!

God Bless!

honeybadger

Edited by honeybadger

01/22/08 hired an immigration lawyer

02/28/08 I 129F sent it to the lawyer

03/03/08 I-129F Received at CSC

03/04/08 NOA1

03/05/08 Touched

07/14/08 NOA2

07/24/08 Called NVC and got our MNL case number

07/25/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

07/29/08 USEM Rcvd hard file

07/30/08 Paid document verification

08/01/08 Called USEM for interview appointment! (Thank you lord)

08/19/08 Medical Examination

08/20/08 Medical Examination (PASSED)

08/26/08 Interview (PINK Slip only)

10/08/08 Visa Printing! Yehheeyy! (after 48years of waiting)

10/09/08 Visa Printing Done and is ready for release

10/10/08 Visa delivered yippeee!

10/31/08 FLY DAY!!!! POE LAS, NV[/color] PLS BLESS OUR TRIP OH LORD!

11/03/08 Got married in Las Vegas

11/15/08 filed SSN

11/29/08 SSN Card Rcvd

AOS JOURNEY

12/10/08 send AOS & EAD Packet to Chicago Lockbox

12/18/08 Cashed check

12/26/08 Rcvd NOA

01/07/09 Biometrics Appointment/Done

01/12/09 Rcvd mail TRANSFER NOTICE TO CSC (AOS)

03/10/2009 Rcvd EAD

04/20/2009 GREEN CARD RCVD!!! No interview at all!

04/21/2009 Got Driver Learners Permit

The Will of God never takes you to

where the Grace of God will not protect you.

v1g6b64wviy.png

Greetings!!!

Geri & Greg

Hi there!

I don't think you are alone in that kind of situation. I read lots of folks here just like you. Anyway, in your case you can take the K3 or CR1 route snce you are already married. It takes for about more than a year to process it. Like you, my fiance then now my husband lived together in the Philippines (Cebu) for more than a year. We decided not to get married there as per advised by his US atty. according to him it is faster to take this route and less paper work. I came here sa US having a K1 visa (Fiancee Visa). It took us almost 9 months since we filed the papers. The process is long and you have to have a strong FAITH and looonnnnggg patience.

I suggest that you read more on this site. U will mostly find your answers to your questions. This is AMAZING and HELPFUL site!

I wished you good luck and smooth journey!

God Bless!

honeybadger

Actually, I get the feeling that they are not moving to the US, they just want to visit. Am I correct? If you just want to visit for a few months you should apply for a visitor's visa. Both K3 and CR1 are for the case where you are trying to MOVE to the US. You will have to have a lot of proof for the embassy officer that you are going to return to the Philippines! They will be hesitant to grant the visa because they will be afraid you are not going to come back. Make sure that both you and your husband have letters from work/business/leases or deeds for your house and that sort of thing to prove that are planning to return.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello in this case though.. You can apply for a visit visa.. I know in the philippines it is hard to get one. But overseas i have applied for a visit visa and they granted it for 10 years as we both work here. This was the time, we had no idea that we can process CR1 VISA(GREENCARD) while overseas.

What you can do is, you never know what will happen so it is better to get this things done.. Tell your husband to apply CR1 Visa.. Since you are both living in the Philippines, you are not really rushing into coming to the US.. This may take a while but this is one time thing, next thing you can do is apply naturalization under Article 319b, if your husband business is engage to a US trade. But before I mix up something..have him apply for a CR1 VISA for you, so you can be an immigrant.. so anytime, you want to come and visit it will be easy for you and the family.

Go to the Philippine US embassy and report your son birth abroad so they can issue a birth certificate to him and to apply for a US passport for your son.. He does not need to get a visa, he is american citizen once you report his birth in the US Embassy.

Our case is somehow the same, the only difference is you are in the Philippines and I am in Kuwait. But our husband are both working overseas and we are both living with them. My son was born here..

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.