skeez&titanic

quick question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a quick question yes it is me again. I feel like my head has so much information in it and im trying to get some answers. Ok here goes. My friend has received his NOA2 which he filed after me and I still haven't received mine. Anyway. He said that the letter said it should be done within weeks. They send the packet and schedule an interview. Now here is my question. I am hoping that my NOA2 comes in any day now (fingers crossed) but in three weeks my fiancee has decided to come visit me because we didnt know how long the process would take. He is coming dec 24 and leaving Jan 8 just for two weeks. If my NOA2 comes in before he comes will that screw him up for an interview. And would it be schedule while he is here in the states. I know he has to schedule his medical in London and go for his interview in london which is about 5 hours from him he is in england. Im just worried now that might screw things up. And I know he would be upset because he cant cancel his flight. And if packet 3 comes to his house while he is in the states. Can we do it online and then send it to his friend in england to print it out and mail it from england for us. Wow i dont know what to do now im getting nervous can someone shed some light for me plssssss. Thank you very much.

Filed: Timeline
Usually, after the case gets approved and sent to the NVC, it will take a couple of weeks to get pkt 3 from the consulate and after your fiance fills up the form and returns pkt 3 to the consulate, it will take another few days for them to schedule the interview date. Hopefully you will get the approval soon but the Consulates work slow during the holidays. Just to be sure he doesn't mess anything up, you can call the NVC while he's with you to see if the pkt 3 has been sent or if they have scheduled his interview.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Usually, after the case gets approved and sent to the NVC, it will take a couple of weeks to get pkt 3 from the consulate and after your fiance fills up the form and returns pkt 3 to the consulate, it will take another few days for them to schedule the interview date. Hopefully you will get the approval soon but the Consulates work slow during the holidays. Just to be sure he doesn't mess anything up, you can call the NVC while he's with you to see if the pkt 3 has been sent or if they have scheduled his interview.

:thumbs:

if you look at my timeline, it's taken two months from getting our noa2 to getting an interview and that is only because i put an early date on the checklist that i returned from packet 3. many other people have interviews scheduled for mid january. i doubt your short trip is going to interfere with anything.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't fret about this. When your NOA2 is issued, the case is automatically fwd: to the NVC and from there to the beneficiary's consulate or embassy. You will receive Packet 3 whether your NOA2 is received or not (although the NOA2 is needed for the interview). Hopefully you two will be together when you receive word from the consulate that your case has safely arrived (packet 3).

Happy Holidays!

--------------------

K-1

03-25-2008 - Filed I-129f

03-28-2008 - NOA1

07-31-2008 - NOA2 (no touches)

09-30-2008 - Packet 3 sent

10-10-2008 - Packet 4 received

10-29-2008 - Interview in Vancouver

AOS

12-16-2008 - I - 485 Package arrived in Chicago (signed by V. Bustamonte)

12-19-2008 - Check Cashed

12-19-2008 - NOA1 Date

01-07-2008 - Biometrics Appointment

03-06-2009 - EAD Card Received

03-13-2009 - AP Received

04-27-2009 - Welcome Letter Received

05-02-2009 - GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.