~Laura and Nick~

Ridiculous!!!!!!

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Laura,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. But thank you for letting everyone know; because this morning I went to the PO and registered my name at my apt and also put my name in our mailbox. Coincidentally yesterday my Aunt called and said she mailed me a card to the correct address here and it got sent back to her as "unknown". If you hadn't posted this I would have had no clue why and who knows what else would have been sent back. I wonder though how you received your biometrics appt information and stuff like that?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand about the address being under Nick's name and not yours and needing the c/o.

I don't either....

You don't go to the post office and say "So, this person lives here and this person and this person...."

Registered mail is registered mail. If it can't be delivered they leave a card and you go and pick it up with some ID.

It makes zero sense.

They are this secure on delivery but yet 1000's of employees have access to my number in their computers along with my address?

Hmmmm....

You asked for advice on wait times, we gave it to you. It took me 13 weeks, and Nevada about the same. So we wanted to put your mind at ease when you said you had not recieved it yet

I'm not going to apologize for the advice, and you aren't a stupid idiot either. All you can do is go forward. Little things like this happen all the time, especially in this state. You aren't getting the most competent staff. Unless you've had to pay outrageous medical bills because you weren't on Nick's insurance, I wouldn't worry about what could have been.

You can't go back so just go forward. Now you have your number so if you want to start looking for a job or apply, you can! Life is full of this stuff. Think positively!

Hon...I'm not asking for an apology at all and it's not your fault!!!

I just wish I had listened to my own instincts and gone in and checked...that's all. Nothing against you guys for trying to help me out at all.

I am thankful for all your advice.

=) Things will be okay.

Sorry to here that happened! As for mail, I decided to be on the carfull side and I went to the post office and they were happy to know my information, and they relayed it to my husbands mail carrier. The post office also told us to put our names in the inside of the mail box to ensure that I would get my mail. I think every place is different.

AOS

Filed AOS............................October 17/08

NO1 for AOS,EAD, AP............October 31/08

Biometrics letter....................November 7/08

AOS sent to California.............................November 11/2008

Biometrics Appointment in York...............November 28/2008

AP Approved.............................................December 23/2008

EAD Card Received....................................January 3/2009

AP Received (I-512L)..................................January 5/2009

AOS Pending...............................................January 23/2009

AOS Approved, card on order will receive in 3 weeks..............March 10/2009

GREEN CARD RECIEVED MARCH 12/2009

ROC

VERMONT RECEIVED............................................DECEMBER 20/2010

NOA1 1 YEAR EXTENTION APPROVAL..............................DECEMBER 27/2010

RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APP.....................................JANUARY 7/2011

BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT......................................JANUARY 21/2011

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................................MAY 9/2011

CARD WITHIN 60 DAYS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

USPS's C/O Policy sucks. I had a medical emergency 7 months ago, and they didn't put my medical bill in my then-fiancee's mail box b/c my name wasn't on it! I now have a big ol' negative mark on my credit report......

--------------------

K-1

03-25-2008 - Filed I-129f

03-28-2008 - NOA1

07-31-2008 - NOA2 (no touches)

09-30-2008 - Packet 3 sent

10-10-2008 - Packet 4 received

10-29-2008 - Interview in Vancouver

AOS

12-16-2008 - I - 485 Package arrived in Chicago (signed by V. Bustamonte)

12-19-2008 - Check Cashed

12-19-2008 - NOA1 Date

01-07-2008 - Biometrics Appointment

03-06-2009 - EAD Card Received

03-13-2009 - AP Received

04-27-2009 - Welcome Letter Received

05-02-2009 - GC Received

Didn't read through every post here, but I am sorry for their stupidity :(

You may be able to find a post from me back in December or so(not that it matters now) - when I went to apply at the SSN office, the lady specifically told me that I needed to ensure that I was registered at the post office to receive mail at the address I was giving them - I said well of course I receive mail and she clarified that if it's something government related I needed to register myself as an receivee (is that a word???) at that address.

$7 bucks or so at the PO, a short form to fill out.

Cheers

Wow interesting!!

They never mentioned this to me. Why can't they just be consistent across the board?

Ah well.

Thanks everyone for your support and kind posts. We went yesterday and I finally got on Nick's bank account! WOO!!!

YAY!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Didn't read through every post here, but I am sorry for their stupidity :(

You may be able to find a post from me back in December or so(not that it matters now) - when I went to apply at the SSN office, the lady specifically told me that I needed to ensure that I was registered at the post office to receive mail at the address I was giving them - I said well of course I receive mail and she clarified that if it's something government related I needed to register myself as an receivee (is that a word???) at that address.

$7 bucks or so at the PO, a short form to fill out.

Cheers

Wow interesting!!

They never mentioned this to me. Why can't they just be consistent across the board?

Ah well.

Thanks everyone for your support and kind posts. We went yesterday and I finally got on Nick's bank account! WOO!!!

YAY!

That's great Laura!! I went to the SSN office on Friday, it went really smoothly and they said I should have it in the mail within 2 weeks, then I can get on Glen's bank account as well!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I applied for my SSN on September 28. I finally have it in my hands. Three trips to the SSA office later and its finally arrived. :D

I had just gotten off the phone with the SSA, asking what do I do now that my 3rd card hasn't arrived, finished b*tching to Chris about it, and there's the mail lady dropping off my SSN in the mailbox. :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.