Honey&Sweety

Emails as Proofs of -on Going Rel...

10 posts in this topic

Hello, VJ friends, I`m here again, I would like to clarify about "EMAILS" as proofs of -on going relationship . I am done printing all my fiance`s emails(from him to me) that I will be using soon. What makes me confuse now is that, Is it necessary for me to print my emails to my fiance(from me to him)?or do I have to ask my fiance to print all my emails that I sent to him? I understood that communication is a 2 way process, so it makes me doubtful what will I do next. Any replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks and God speed!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello, VJ friends, I`m here again, I would like to clarify about "EMAILS" as proofs of -on going relationship . I am done printing all my fiance`s emails(from him to me) that I will be using soon. What makes me confuse now is that, Is it necessary for me to print my emails to my fiance(from me to him)?or do I have to ask my fiance to print all my emails that I sent to him? I understood that communication is a 2 way process, so it makes me doubtful what will I do next. Any replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks and God speed!

Who prints the e-mails is not important.... how would they ever know?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You may print your emails to him too if you want...

I just want to share my own interview experience and you may take note of this, when the pre-screener asked my documents, he only got our pictures together. I asked, how about emails, calls etc.? He said pictures are ok. Even the CO didn't ask for more but I noticed that she looks on the pictures one by one...

So therefore, you better to produce more pictures. IMHO, pictures are heavy proof of on-going relationship.

Edited by tedjen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup, thats true... print screens of video chats with your fiance or husband/wife is a good proof.

You have to put into consideration as well the dates and time of the emails, letters, chatlogs and pictures that you bring with you. So make sure when you print the emails, print it from the webpage coz that proves that you didnt edit the page as the link appears on the upper right hand corner. Dont copy paste it to MSWord... coz then they might think you edited it (as the embassy is always paranoid). Most people do that to save spaces and bond paper. Its entirely up to YOU. But if it were up to me, id eliminate the initial doubts. :)

You dont have to ask your fiance for the emails you sent him if your log on sent items is enabled in your email account (which it is by default in most common emails like yahoo, msn, hotmail....). Look for Sent Items (or anything similar to that) on the menu.

And of course they would know who is the sender, the receiver and when it was sent. Its on the details. :)

In most emails, when you click on reply button.... the previous message will automatically be in the text boxt like a recap, right? Im sure you noticed.... if you dont delete that when you reply then the emails you send to each other will kinda like look like a thread... one message after the other.

One tip: Emails are traceable so it IS good proof.

(Just my opinion.) :)

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Timeline

Hi Net! You really never can tell what each pre-screener/CO will ask from you, better bring what you think will serve as proofs..doesn't matter who prints them, besides they will never know. for emails, I brought all of them, from me/him including those with endearing words and misunderstandings we had which is a normal part of a relationship.

Good luck sis! :star:

Edited by AllRightsReserved

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

During my visa interview, the pre-screener only asked for snail mails and pictures as evidence of our relationship. I gave him some letters and cards my husband sent me and a bunch of our pictures, but he only asked for a few pieces. I asked if he wants to see the emails my husband sent me. He said the letters and pictures are enough. :yes:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

if it matters I printed all our emails and had them bound in a book and each month was tabbed by said month for the last year... They don't typically ask but when they see you've come highly prepared for EVERYTHING it's in my opinion they don't even ask at that point they see your mountain of evidance and just ask for a few. Good luck my motto better to be over prepared then wishing you had :)

Timeline

In my case they only asked of my husband's email.

Good luck!!!

Edited by Rodge & Ninfa

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

emails always have trails. if not always, some. and no one can precisely determine who printed out the email. so just make copies for yourself showing a train of communication. i made a minimum of two per month but the emails had a a flow in communication.

good luck!

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.