CA_BA

About our (succesfull) interview Aug 27 2008

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello kind VJers,

Thought I'd finally share our interview experiences, that happened on Aug 27 2008.

We took our photo albums and all appropriate documentation and reviewed together our answers to common interview questions before we went (there was nothing to hide, but we just wanted to be prepared). The only slight worry we had was that we only had one shared account/document, our apartment rental lease. Our banking accounts were not together, nor were any other accounts. Only our apartment lease, which we had brought a copy of.

The interviewer seemed nice and very professional. He didn't appear to want to intimidate us in any way, but was only interested in getting to the truth. And for my wife and I, we were of course a little nervous, but we had nothing to hide, and so were happy to share the story of our life together. He asked how we met, and my wife told the history and I might have added a few additions. He asked to see our photos, and we happily obliged. He then asked me if I knew the name of her parents, I rattled off my wife's deceased mother's name, but I somehow called her father by another 'O' first name. My wife gave me one of those "what the ?" looks and realizing I had goofed, consulted my memory again and did manage to remember my father in-law's correct first name - whew! The interviewer then asked if I had ever met my in-laws and I said yes, and we pointed out some photos where we were all together during a past Christmas.

He asked us about our shared accounts and I related that we only had the one together, the lease, even though we had been living together since we came to the states together in April '06. As I explained to him, it wasn't done on purpose, there just wasn't a particular reason to change the existing accounts to be put in both our names (I pay most of our bills online anyway). I asked him if this would be a problem. I offered that I could change our bank accounts to be in both our names, for example, if that would help the process. He said no, that wouldn't be necessary, and said it didn't really matter. He then said that all seemed correct and in order but that he had to confirm our case with someone else and so therefore couldn't approve it that day. I believe he said that we would hear from them within a week to ten days.

About five days later we got the approval letter. And a couple weeks after that my wife got her green card.

Good luck to all of you, and remember, with love and a little perseverance your cases will eventually be approved.

And thanks to all that shared their experiences along the way and helped quell our doubts in the process.

Peace, love and happiness to all (L)

AOS

Mailed express USPS Sat. March 1, 2008

Arrived Chicago March 3, 2008

NOA receipt received March 10, 2008

USPS return receipt received March 10, 2008

AOS payment check cashed March 10, 2008

Biometrics appointment scheduled for March 25, 2008 (letter received March 18, 2006)

EAD approved 05/02/08

Card arrives by mail 05/09/08

Interview 08/27/08

Approval letter arrives 09/01/08

Green card arrives 09/15/08

Hello kind VJers,

Thought I'd finally share our interview experiences, that happened on Aug 27 2008.

We took our photo albums and all appropriate documentation and reviewed together our answers to common interview questions before we went (there was nothing to hide, but we just wanted to be prepared). The only slight worry we had was that we only had one shared account/document, our apartment rental lease. Our banking accounts were not together, nor were any other accounts. Only our apartment lease, which we had brought a copy of.

The interviewer seemed nice and very professional. He didn't appear to want to intimidate us in any way, but was only interested in getting to the truth. And for my wife and I, we were of course a little nervous, but we had nothing to hide, and so were happy to share the story of our life together. He asked how we met, and my wife told the history and I might have added a few additions. He asked to see our photos, and we happily obliged. He then asked me if I knew the name of her parents, I rattled off my wife's deceased mother's name, but I somehow called her father by another 'O' first name. My wife gave me one of those "what the ?" looks and realizing I had goofed, consulted my memory again and did manage to remember my father in-law's correct first name - whew! The interviewer then asked if I had ever met my in-laws and I said yes, and we pointed out some photos where we were all together during a past Christmas.

He asked us about our shared accounts and I related that we only had the one together, the lease, even though we had been living together since we came to the states together in April '06. As I explained to him, it wasn't done on purpose, there just wasn't a particular reason to change the existing accounts to be put in both our names (I pay most of our bills online anyway). I asked him if this would be a problem. I offered that I could change our bank accounts to be in both our names, for example, if that would help the process. He said no, that wouldn't be necessary, and said it didn't really matter. He then said that all seemed correct and in order but that he had to confirm our case with someone else and so therefore couldn't approve it that day. I believe he said that we would hear from them within a week to ten days.

About five days later we got the approval letter. And a couple weeks after that my wife got her green card.

Good luck to all of you, and remember, with love and a little perseverance your cases will eventually be approved.

And thanks to all that shared their experiences along the way and helped quell our doubts in the process.

Peace, love and happiness to all (L)

:dance::dance::dance: Congrats! and Thanks for sharing !!! :dance::dance::dance:

01/22/08 hired an immigration lawyer

02/28/08 I 129F sent it to the lawyer

03/03/08 I-129F Received at CSC

03/04/08 NOA1

03/05/08 Touched

07/14/08 NOA2

07/24/08 Called NVC and got our MNL case number

07/25/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

07/29/08 USEM Rcvd hard file

07/30/08 Paid document verification

08/01/08 Called USEM for interview appointment! (Thank you lord)

08/19/08 Medical Examination

08/20/08 Medical Examination (PASSED)

08/26/08 Interview (PINK Slip only)

10/08/08 Visa Printing! Yehheeyy! (after 48years of waiting)

10/09/08 Visa Printing Done and is ready for release

10/10/08 Visa delivered yippeee!

10/31/08 FLY DAY!!!! POE LAS, NV[/color] PLS BLESS OUR TRIP OH LORD!

11/03/08 Got married in Las Vegas

11/15/08 filed SSN

11/29/08 SSN Card Rcvd

AOS JOURNEY

12/10/08 send AOS & EAD Packet to Chicago Lockbox

12/18/08 Cashed check

12/26/08 Rcvd NOA

01/07/09 Biometrics Appointment/Done

01/12/09 Rcvd mail TRANSFER NOTICE TO CSC (AOS)

03/10/2009 Rcvd EAD

04/20/2009 GREEN CARD RCVD!!! No interview at all!

04/21/2009 Got Driver Learners Permit

The Will of God never takes you to

where the Grace of God will not protect you.

v1g6b64wviy.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.