sweet_wifey22

File k1 last 2006

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone :) , Here's my story.....

Me and my fiance( husband now) filed for K1 before last 2006 But that time we did not met in person. The USCIS Request for Evidence....we just ignored it beacuse we we planned to get married in the Phlippines so that My family here can attend the weedding so last April 2008 we got married. And last September 2008 we filed for K3...

On my point of view I think we should just continue the K1 petition then send the marriage license..IS IT POSSIBLE TO HApPENED???I DONT KNOW IF MY k1 is CANCELED OR NOT.... OPs!!! FOR YOU to know I have ONE petitioner (L)

My questions:

1. What will happen to the K1 petition? Right now I still have the Case number and whne I checked online it still says REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE SENT.....

2. If on my intrview they ask if i apply for visa before what is the right answer?

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

You can't do that. He's your husband, not your fiance.

1. You should cancel the K1 petition, (it may be closed already since 2 years is a long time for an unanswered RFE...call and verify).

2. The right answer is the truth. Yes, you applied for a K1, but married and later filed a K3.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Me and my fiance( husband now) filed for K1 before last 2006 But that time we did not met in person. The USCIS Request for Evidence....we just ignored it beacuse we we planned to get married in the Phlippines so that My family here can attend the weedding so last April 2008 we got married. And last September 2008 we filed for K3...

On my point of view I think we should just continue the K1 petition then send the marriage license..IS IT POSSIBLE TO HApPENED???I DONT KNOW IF MY k1 is CANCELED OR NOT.... OPs!!! FOR YOU to know I have ONE petitioner (L)

My questions:

1. What will happen to the K1 petition? Right now I still have the Case number and whne I checked online it still says REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE SENT.....

2. If on my intrview they ask if i apply for visa before what is the right answer?

Heya, I'll try to comment on this a bit.. i'm not sure how correct mine is but i'm sure other people will help you on this. anyways, i think you have to cancel your K-1 visa petition first.... write to USCIS and tell them you want to cancel it. then only file for K-3 visa. i don't think you can apply for both together... coz you're already married... so you can't continue with the K-1 fiance visa...

*good luck!*

My questions:

Heya, I'll try to comment on this a bit.. i'm not sure how correct mine is but i'm sure other people will help you on this. anyways, i think you have to cancel your K-1 visa petition first.... write to USCIS and tell them you want to cancel it. then only file for K-3 visa. i don't think you can apply for both together... coz you're already married... so you can't continue with the K-1 fiance visa...

*good luck!*

Yeah! I talked to my husband about it and He said that the K1 last 2006 was no longer valid but when I checked the USCIS online it still says REQUEST OF EVIDENCE sent last July 2006.... Hmmm I will tell my husand to call USCIS as soon as He can.

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

My questions:

*good luck!*

Yeah! I talked to my husband about it and He said that the K1 last 2006 was no longer valid but when I checked the USCIS online it still says REQUEST OF EVIDENCE sent last July 2006.... Hmmm I will tell my husand to call USCIS as soon as He can.

Guys! I hope i can get more thoughts of VJ's members.... Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You can't just change the petition. Because you married you will need to start again with a spousal visa. You must be sure the fiance petition is cancelled.

timeline.jpg

You can't just change the petition. Because you married you will need to start again with a spousal visa. You must be sure the fiance petition is cancelled.

Thank you guys for the replies! My husband said that we have nothing to worry about because the USCIS sent him a letter about the DENIAL of our K1 petition beacuse of the abandonment. When we filed the k3 he sent that letter along with our papers. THank you very much for your thoughts!... Good Luck to all of us! :dance:

Guys! I want you to know that our I129 f and I 130 got approved at the same time...so I am confused now BUT SMART WAY IS TO GO TO CR-1...........

So I will just cancel the I129f... I dont know whats the process! But GUYS THANK YOU FOR THE TIME

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.