CJ Vasani

Congressman Update

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

CJ-V, I know I said the other day I would hold off on postings for a few days, but I figured I'd give you this update, because I know you're checking. I finally spoke with my congressman's aide today, and her inquiries basically revealed nothing. The info she got said that the apps were in the active processing queue, which was basically the same info you and I got on our apps at the beginning of the month. She said that their office checks back with USCIS about once a week on constituent requests.

There was something interesting she told me about how VSC deals with K3's, when the I-129F and I-130 come through the processing piles. She said that very often, the I-129F and I-130 are not put together early on, after the applicant sends the I-129F. I've seen a lot of posts on here where people say that VSC automatically puts both apps together soon after the I-129F is sent, and people see those as the first "touch". The rep said that often, that first touch, if it happened early in the process, is simply your applications being moved from the "receiving" pile and into the "waiting" pile. My first (and only) touches on the I-129F and I-130 came about a month after I sent both in. She said those touches were probably my apps just being moved from the receiving pile to the "waiting" pile. Long story short, if your apps stay separate during the waiting process, they will go to adjudication based on when the first application (either the I-129F or I-130) gets in front of an officer. At that time, they will put both apps together, and process both.

Just and FYI to kill the time.

Hang in there, dude.

CJ-G

Desiman at least you got something someone is looking at your file! i haven't got a thing! :(

I have a feeling that both you and CJ-V will get approved in a one shot without any touches.

Amen to that brother!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That's interesting CJ-G. What I cannot comprehend is what my congressman's aide reaffirmed on Friday last week. According to him, my applications (both) were in an adjudicator's hands as of Nov 6. It's going to almost two full working weeks and there is no sign of any online update, RFE or approval. I know that he cannot be lying because he is got nothing to gain from lying to me. In fact, I'd bug him more if I get no results. Either my approval is really around the corner OR it has some serious issues, like getting accidentally dropped in the Nov 08 filers and it would take another 50 years for another review or approval.

I followed up with the congressman's office yesterday so that they inquire about what is going with my applications and he is yet to get back to me. I followed up because he told me to do so on Friday. I wonder what the hell is up here...the anxiety at the finish line is worse than what it was in August - September.

Good Luck to you CJ-G. I won't be surprised if you are approved before. My luck has been the worst in such situations and I don't have any hope for a 'miracle' (i.e. getting approved before Thanksgiving). I see a few early March and mid-March K3 filers getting approved in the past two weeks...it gets interesting.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I have a question...if the first touch is them moving the applications from recieved to waiting...what is the second touch?

Does that mean it's in the que? Does that mean it's with an adjudicator? Does anyone know?

I've had 1 touch on the I-129F and 2 on the I-130...first one 2 days after NOA1 and another on Sept 27th.

I'm just wondering since cjgator got info that the first touch only mean they're moving the applications from recieved to waiting.

Timeline
That's interesting CJ-G. What I cannot comprehend is what my congressman's aide reaffirmed on Friday last week. According to him, my applications (both) were in an adjudicator's hands as of Nov 6. It's going to almost two full working weeks and there is no sign of any online update, RFE or approval. I know that he cannot be lying because he is got nothing to gain from lying to me. In fact, I'd bug him more if I get no results. Either my approval is really around the corner OR it has some serious issues, like getting accidentally dropped in the Nov 08 filers and it would take another 50 years for another review or approval.

I followed up with the congressman's office yesterday so that they inquire about what is going with my applications and he is yet to get back to me. I followed up because he told me to do so on Friday. I wonder what the hell is up here...the anxiety at the finish line is worse than what it was in August - September.

Good Luck to you CJ-G. I won't be surprised if you are approved before. My luck has been the worst in such situations and I don't have any hope for a 'miracle' (i.e. getting approved before Thanksgiving). I see a few early March and mid-March K3 filers getting approved in the past two weeks...it gets interesting.

CJ- I predict that you will gwt your approval in the first week of December. I wish you all the best. It took 265 days for mt from start to approval.

Hope you will hear some good news soon. :thumbs::star:

Received at VSC: Jan 2,08

NOA1: Feb6, 08

9/23/08: Approved

9/30/08: Case # received

10/06/08: E-mailed ds3032

10/08/08: Mailed ds3032

10/09/08: Signed by R.Austin

10/08/08: Paid AOS/IV bill online

10/09/08: Status shows paid online

10/09/08: Accepted ds3032

10/10/08: Express mailed AOS/IV package

10/14/08: NVC received AOS and IV Package

10/21/08: Case Complete (22Days, no RFEs)

12/02/08: Medical....Passed....

12/11/08: Interview passed, received VISA.....YAhhhhhhhhhh

Timeline
Desiman at least you got something someone is looking at your file! i haven't got a thing! :(

I have a feeling that both you and CJ-V will get approved in a one shot without any touches.

Amen to that brother!

CJ-V,

You will definitly get your approval by end of next week @ max. Dont loose hope.

Yep, you're not that far out...

Timeline
CJ-V, I know I said the other day I would hold off on postings for a few days, but I figured I'd give you this update, because I know you're checking. I finally spoke with my congressman's aide today, and her inquiries basically revealed nothing. The info she got said that the apps were in the active processing queue, which was basically the same info you and I got on our apps at the beginning of the month. She said that their office checks back with USCIS about once a week on constituent requests.

There was something interesting she told me about how VSC deals with K3's, when the I-129F and I-130 come through the processing piles. She said that very often, the I-129F and I-130 are not put together early on, after the applicant sends the I-129F. I've seen a lot of posts on here where people say that VSC automatically puts both apps together soon after the I-129F is sent, and people see those as the first "touch". The rep said that often, that first touch, if it happened early in the process, is simply your applications being moved from the "receiving" pile and into the "waiting" pile. My first (and only) touches on the I-129F and I-130 came about a month after I sent both in. She said those touches were probably my apps just being moved from the receiving pile to the "waiting" pile. Long story short, if your apps stay separate during the waiting process, they will go to adjudication based on when the first application (either the I-129F or I-130) gets in front of an officer. At that time, they will put both apps together, and process both.

Hang in there, dude.

CJ-G

Amen to that brother!

so you are saying that in the begining they both are treated independently. but if thats the case, then your I-130 should have been transferred by now as according to you whichever comes first in front of the officer gets approved. i mean we are seeing standalone I-130s being transferred all the way until end of may. according to the scenario that you are giving, yours should have transferred also. there HAS to be some kind of connection between your I-130 and I-129 from the begining as after the two petitions get married, they are deemed to be K3. i hope i am making sense.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Let me clarify my earlier post - I don't think you have all the history that CJ Vasani and I have regarding one another's cases.

CJ Vasani and I both found out at the beginning of this month that our cases were in the adjudication queue. CJ-V found out through his congressman's office about 4 days before I found out the same info, from a VSC and a National officer, a few days after I had submitted an "out of normal processing times" status inquiry.

My congressional aide today was only able to get from VSC the info they had already notified me of a couple of weeks ago. The info my Congressional rep shared with me today was only her way of explaining the "history" of how some of these cases morph, and not all of them go that way. It was just interesting to hear, and I was relaying the info to CJ-V. CJ-V and I are both operating on the assumption that our applications have been combined, when we were told they were in the adjudication queue.

So, don't be confused, I'm not saying I think the officers only have one of my petitions, I think they have both. But, I'm not sure they went through the waiting process together. Not all of them do, and if you look at the pattern of how some of these applications have been approved (where sometimes they are both approved together, sometimes the I-130 is approved first, sometimes the I-129F K3 first), I think what my congressman's aide said is correct - plus, she says she has handled constituent cases like this for several years, so I think there is legitimacy to what she says.

CJ-G

Hang in there, dude.

CJ-G

Amen to that brother!

so you are saying that in the begining they both are treated independently. but if thats the case, then your I-130 should have been transferred by now as according to you whichever comes first in front of the officer gets approved. i mean we are seeing standalone I-130s being transferred all the way until end of may. according to the scenario that you are giving, yours should have transferred also. there HAS to be some kind of connection between your I-130 and I-129 from the begining as after the two petitions get married, they are deemed to be K3. i hope i am making sense.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I have no idea what those toches mean. I, for example, have a touch on the I130 on july 1st, and on I129f on 15th of may. nothing before, nothing after. but what I've noticed in other cases is that those with I130 and I129 at a big distance, tend to wait more. what I dont understand is why are we adviced to file for a K3, as faster route, if they process them together anyways? it seems only thing k3 does is slowering the process. seems like they wait on eachother. and why do they also say u have to wait for I130 NOA1 to come before sending I129f ? I've seen ppl here who sent them at same time, and seems they got approved faster. seems is in yr interest to not follow their advices. which is plain abnormal.

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
seems is in yr interest to not follow their advices. which is plain abnormal.

Yeah, that's why we hope to God that they never approve our applications...cause when you ask them t approve, they don't...when you start saying, "Please don't approve me" they do! LOL

I was thinking the same thing. I wish now I never filed the cursed K-3 and just left the I-130 by itself...it would have been transferred to CSC by now and probably be approved...but since they said K-3 is to make it faster...we listened and now we're SOL.

Timeline

Yeah, Narnia, based on what's been happening, I think the reality is that there's very little to be gained by filing the I-129F if you are already married. There may be some "small" gain if you can get the two petitions in very close in time, but, because they are combining the cases at the adjudication phase if both are sent, it seems now more like the I-130, not the I-129F, is what drives the timing of the approval.

It also explains why people with early I-130's (like February) but a late I-129F (like June) seem to be getting approved ahead of someone like me, with March 28 I-130, but an April 4 I-129F.

Long story short, the purpose that the K-3 visa was established for has been rendered all but useless, because of the way USCIS processes. In order for the K-3 to make a real time advantage, USCIS should process I-129F K3's independently of consideration of the I-130.

seems is in yr interest to not follow their advices. which is plain abnormal.

Yeah, that's why we hope to God that they never approve our applications...cause when you ask them t approve, they don't...when you start saying, "Please don't approve me" they do! LOL

I was thinking the same thing. I wish now I never filed the cursed K-3 and just left the I-130 by itself...it would have been transferred to CSC by now and probably be approved...but since they said K-3 is to make it faster...we listened and now we're SOL.

Timeline

One more point on your observation, CMNB. Why would my I-130, if it had been received first by an officer, already be processed by now? There hasn't been a single I-130 timeline posted by USCIS up to this date which shows they have reached my I-130 date of March 28. Their I-130 date is still a month before mine, late February. Also, I'm interested in seeing the data you refer to on all of these April and May I-130's that have been approved by VSC. In fact, I don't know that I've seen any, that weren't filed under a granted expedite request. Are you sure it wasn't CSC petitions you saw? Because, there's a world of difference in how things get done there, as opposed to our lovely service center.

[

Timeline
One more point on your observation, CMNB. Why would my I-130, if it had been received first by an officer, already be processed by now? There hasn't been a single I-130 timeline posted by USCIS up to this date which shows they have reached my I-130 date of March 28. Their I-130 date is still a month before mine, late February. Also, I'm interested in seeing the data you refer to on all of these April and May I-130's that have been approved by VSC. In fact, I don't know that I've seen any, that weren't filed under a granted expedite request. Are you sure it wasn't CSC petitions you saw? Because, there's a world of difference in how things get done there, as opposed to our lovely service center.

[

i was refering to the files that have been transferred to CSC. from the past observations, folks who were transferred earlier this month should see an approval coming early next month. i can almost guarantee atleast 70% being approved by end of december.

Edited by cmnb

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

is just me, or this week is very slow, and is getting slower? sorry, just frustration typed out loud. have a lovely week everyone. i know, out of topic, but this is the only topic spinning in my head. approvals or no approvals. to be or not to be approved.

Edited by antiwaiting

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

CJGATOR please explain this to me

It also explains why people with early I-130's (like February) but a late I-129F (like June) seem to be getting approved ahead of someone like me, with March 28 I-130, but an April 4 I-129F

i haven't seen not even one approval of someone that has an early I-130 and a late I-129F. so far i have seen people that applied wayyyy after i did for the i-130 but filed the i-129f right after and are getting approved!

080826-_EDSXyUxFY7L.jpg

Feliz con mi amor...

Ni la distancia ni el tiempo podran separar dos vidas determinadas a estar unidas...

Neither time nor distance can separate two lives that are destined to become one..

USCIS- VERMONT OFFICE

I-130 NOA 1 03/05/08

I-129f NOA 1 06/12/08

I-130 NOA2 12/14/08

I-129f NOA2 12/14/08

NVC

12/18/2008 Assigned Case number

12/22/2008 DS3032 and AOS bill generated

12/26/2008 Received INN by mail

12/26/2008 paid AOS bill

12/27/2008 sent DS3032 and I-864 package

12/29/2008 DS3032 choice of agent confirmation

12/29/2008 paid DS230

01/03/2009 sent DS230 package

01/07/2009 Complete Affidavit review and acceptance

01/12/2009 Case complete

04/13/2009 interview (approved)

K3 @ Embassy

sent to US embassy at SDO 12/19/08

received 12/23/08

interview date 04/22/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.