Mike1976

Finally we got approved yesterday

109 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The real test isn't the USCIS, it's the consulate. Good luck there, if I remember right you are going to need it.

:yes:

Do they contact the exwife who got you here at all? I always wondered about that. I mean God forbid my husband did something like this I would hope the USCIS would contact me to ask what really happened. If not they really need some revamping.

Bridget, relax please . you also can say congrats so i can be able to say it to you later on when you finish with your spouse visa. thanks guys

My spouse is here, thank you, and if we God forbid split up he'll be headed right back to Egypt thankyouverymuch.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

He came here from Egypt because he married a USC. He fell in love with a gril from Egypt while married (cough cough), divorced the USC as soon as he was able to petition legally for the Egyptian and now got approved. I would hope that this would have sent a huge red flag to the USCIS and that they would have contacted the ex to hear her side of the story but I guess that's just wishful thinking on my part. Sorry I'm b!tchy today and not politcally correct. This stuff just rubs me the wrong way.

hahaha . you need to have a selfconfident . why are you so scared with your spuse?. let me tell you that the story you wrote is not the correct one , my ex didn't bring me to america at all. we met here and we married here in USA. Just wish good things to the people so you can get back a good carma after your spose come to america. we all humans and we have feeling. care about others to find someone who cares about you.

bye

Timeline
hahaha . you need to have a selfconfident . why are you so scared with your spuse?. let me tell you that the story you wrote is not the correct one , my ex didn't bring me to america at all. we met here and we married here in USA. Just wish good things to the people so you can get back a good carma after your spose come to america. we all humans and we have feeling. care about others to find someone who cares about you.

bye

Scared with my spouse? hahahaha that's a good one! I have never ever been scared about my spouse in the least bit, we are very very secure. Yes you met in the US but you were not here forever at that point, you got married and got a visa from that marriage. The whole reason you were able to petition for your new love is because of your ex wife.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
No doods they don't contact the ex-wife. Once the man gets 10 year card, he can petiton for another. If he has citizenship, then he's on the fast track.

jJ

Jackie, I like your good working brain, you don't take things from the way it looks , you try to understand before you give any reply . it is a good thing to do in this life , not to judge very quike. best regards

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

CONGRATULATIONS!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Good luck all VJ members and thanks for all your help. I just checked my 2 petitions online half hour ago and it says approved on nov,19 and approved letter sent . for both I130 and I129f

In happy moments... PRAISE God.

In difficult moments... SEEK God.

In quiet moments... WORSHIP God.

In painful moments... TRUST God.

At every moment... THANK God.

If God brings you to it, HE will bring you through it.

God does not ALWAYS remove difficulties.

He uses them for our own good and His glory.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Interview------> May 19, 2009

Visa received------> July 20, 2009

US Entry-----------> July 27, 2009

Marriage-----------> July 30, 2009

AOS Filed-----------> October 16, 2009

Biometrics-----------> November 17, 2009

AP received-----------> December 12, 2009

AOS approved-----------> January 12, 2010

Greencard received-----------> January 23, 2010

I-751 Package sent-----------> November 28, 2011

Package received-----------> November 29, 2011

NOA-----------> November 29, 2011

Check cashed-----------> December 1, 2011

EL HAMDULLELAH! =oD

pvog3oc658.png

anmde68d690bf5c310d.gif

2ls6rf4.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hahaha, Yeah right.

So now after I130 approved guys , what should i expect ? and what is the NVC is all about ?

I think the person nearest you could be your ex wife??? give her a call i am certain she recalls vividally.... oops was that outloud :blush:

If you want to know about NVC there are threads in the CR1 forum... I wish you all the happiness you deserve.

Timeline

well as with most cases in Egypt months and moths of AP. No one knows your past intentions but you, and on paper it does not read well. It s a hard process and there is no way of knowing what is to come The consulate will now review the papers in their hands.

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

No worries gals, I guess we don't know the whole story so the best we can do is say congrats and remember karma is a funny creature ;)

Actually, Karma - you know my good friend, yeah, she's a beyotch!!!! :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We don't know the whole story, but those of us who know know that men and women in Egypt don't talk "just as friends."

Kada, kada, kada...

I do have a bit of a karma story to share. I know an Egyptian woman who was totally shat upon by her ex-husband. Short version: They got visitors visas, he did talak before they left Egypt, she travelled with anyway because their intention was to overstay their visas ("What? Everybody does it!" Yeah, that's what she had to say about it...). Ex finds a woman to marry, for a visa of courrse, and puts her on a plane back to Egypt. She's been here for six years while he stays in the States with their children, after divorcing wife #2 after he got his papers straight. Anyway, she's applied for a visitor's visa twice now and, of course, has been denied twide. Well, she just married an Egyptian-American (who married an American woman and divorced her when he got his papers) and, taban, he applied for her visa right away. Her plan? This is what she told me: To divorce husband number 2 and move into a house on the same street as her first ex, the one who divorced her and shipped her back so he could get a visa. One of the things she got out of her brief stay in America was a deep appreciation for girl power. Is what she's doing right? No, of course it isn't. But it's her way of getting them BOTH back.

I don't get why she'd want to move into a house on the same street as her first ex. Is it to be closer to the kids? And why on earth would she leave her own children in another country?

No wonder I had to wait a year and 4 months for my husband to get here. :angry:

Maybe she'll move on the same street as her first ex to spite him. That's the impression I got. I suspect, however, that the plan is to remarry the first ex because she's Muslim and they can't marry again until she marries another.

Why did she leave her children in a foreign country? Because they were divorced and he got custody of the children, which is his right as an Egyptian father. Why would he not keep them in the US with all of the rights and benefits that come along with it.

Why did she do any of it? Because he told her to, that's why. Being a good Egyptian wife, she does what she's told.

Of course this is a perfect example of why people wait and wait and wait for their spouses. The fraud rate is high. The fraud rate is high because the desire to "go to America" is high. Sure, some want to do it for the economic opportunity, but a larger percentage of people, here in Egypt anyway, view a citizenship and living in the US as a status symbol. If someone couldn't make it into doctor or engineer school (the ultimate status symbol for any parent), the next best thing they can do is go to America. In a place where the neighbor's opinions matter, a child who is living in the US and, taban, sending money home as a symbol of their success (just stand inside of a money exchange and see the amount of US dollars and Euros that are converted into Egyptian pounds and you will understand how sending money home is expected) is almost as good. It doesn't matter that he had to lie through his teeth and/or use a woman to get there, and it doesn't matter that he's living in a closet with 30 other MENA men while he works 60 hours a week in his minimum wage job. What matters to his family (because the neighbors hear all about it) is their son is in America.

This woman I know doesn't seem to think there will be any waiting outside of normal processing and that she'll be in the US in December.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I thought in his original post he said he met and married the first wife in the US. They had troubles and divorced after 6 years. He was a LPR then. Then after he became a USC he went back to Egypt and married someone that he knew from childhood.

I don't remember him saying he fell in love with the girl while he was married to the first wife????? I was also under the impression that he was an LPR for awhile before he got divorced, since he said 6 years.

Did I miss something? Cause if he started an affair with the current wife, while still married to the first, that is very, very, WRONG!

Karma indeed!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
How very interesting....

Lets take a poll:

How many would wack it off?????? :devil:

Honestly, unless I had children with the guy, I wouldn't care. Because if someone does wrong, it comes back on them. And usually the bad thing that happens to them, is a million times worse than what they did to you.

I would pick myself up so fast and find myself a better man, he wouldn't even remember I was ever married to him. I would not show him one ounce of anger. Bad people feed off of anger. They love seeing other people get angry.

And correct me if I'm wrong. I was still really young when the whole Lorraina Bobbit thing happened. But didn't her husband end up getting a surgery and becoming famous? I thought I remember something like a fan club of women that wanted to be with him after the incident (perhaps out of pity)?

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

HAHA yeah! Can you imagine if you really did whack it off, then your husband gets famous from it?! He writes a book, appears on all the magazine covers, gets interviewed by Barbara Walters, and makes millions of dollars alongside his new MENA wife.....all while you rot in prison? ooooh not the revenge you thought of! :devil:

Edited by Sheherazade

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.