5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

I appear to be in a very bad situation. I have completely lost the final NOA (I797) that was sent with the Fiancee Visa, which is a requirement for AOS and EAD. I had filed AOS 2 months ago with a full explaination of this and enclosing other "proof" of the I129F, but just got the RFE back today that says they must have it to proceed. I have all other documents from the embassy but I have no idea where this particular document is (I actually think that the immigration officer at POE mistakenly took it, or maybe I forgot to pick it back up)

Anybody have any experience with this? I've e-mailed the embassy but I doubt they will be able to mail me a copy. Beyond calling the NSC on Monday and making the next possible infopass appointment to speak with an immigration officer, I am at a complete loss. Any help or reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can request a replacement using the following form. Unfortunately, the fee is $200. Sorry for your hold up and good luck.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-824.htm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Ditto regarding requesting a replacement. I think it's crazy that they charge $200 for another copy but sadly thats the only way to get a new copy and fulfil the requirements of the RFE.

Mark:)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

We got an RFE also for not having ours. We had to file the form I-824 & $200 to get a new copy. Check out my timeline if you want to see how long the process took us.

AOS Timeline

May 2/05 Mailed AOS Package

June 7/05 Received NOA1 for AOS

July 1/05 RFE received for no I-129F NOA2

July 6/05 Fingerprinting & Biometrics

July 7/05 Mailed I-824 to CSC

July 26/05 I-824 returned to us/error on application

July 28/05 I-824 mailed to CSC

Aug 11/05 NOA1 for I-824

Oct 11/05 Received I-797C for I-129F (FINALLY!)

Oct 13/05 Mailed I-797C (RFE) back to Lee's Summit

Dec 12/05 Received Interview Letter for March 29, 2006

Mar 14/06 Received letter about interview cancellation

Mar 22/06 Received Interview Letter for May 25, 2006

May 25/06 Interview in Louisville

May 25/06 Received 3 emails that welcome letter is on its way

May 27/06 Case touched

May 30/06 Received welcome letter & letter about GC (GC should arrive within next 3 weeks)

Jun 2/06 Received 3 emails that card has been ordered

Jun 2/06 Case update card has been ordered

Jun 6/06 Green card received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We got an RFE also for not having ours. We had to file the form I-824 & $200 to get a new copy. Check out my timeline if you want to see how long the process took us.

Thanks for the advice guys. Is this also going to hold up my EAD?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.