WonTanNara

I got my ticket!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Sorry about that. I dont know why they have gone up on the price.

geez louweeeeze!

Try manjai lodge. Its pretty cozy and basic. I'll look around for you.

When are you needing it so i'll know the dates?

Leedah.

Thank you so much! We want to arrive Friday 12/19 and depart Friday 1/9. I'll look for Manjai lodge. I really really appreciate your help!

:thumbs: I hope that you have a wonderful time. I depart on Sunday 12/14 going to Conakry and I will be there until Thursday Jan 08, I cant wait to be with her again its been far to long and this time I will make sure that I take plenty of pictures. And I still dont have any idea of where I will be staying at her family wants me to stay with them but we will most likely rent a apartment for the month, she has a very very big family :blush:

Have a great time and a safe flight !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline
Have a great time and a safe flight !

Thanks Omoba! I am leaving 3 weeks from tomorrow and can't wait to get out of here. I'm really crabby with our gov't now and could use a vacation. We are praying we'll be able to come home together. I can't take much more of this (and neither can my wallet).

Timeline

So it turns out that a round trip ticket from Dakar to Gambia is 125,000CFA! YIKES! For two of us that's a 3rd of my budget for the trip. :angry:

Does anybody know if the road from Dakar to Banjul is in good shape, or is it a hellish treck? Help!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
So it turns out that a round trip ticket from Dakar to Gambia is 125,000CFA! YIKES! For two of us that's a 3rd of my budget for the trip. :angry:

Does anybody know if the road from Dakar to Banjul is in good shape, or is it a hellish treck? Help!

There was some unrest a couple months ago, try and see if you find something before you go. You may have a lot of road blocks

= money ! I know the trip from Sierra Leone to Dakar was so terrible that he will fly from now on. He was MIA on the road and almost missed his 1. interview while I went beserk.

Not sure if it is advisable to ground travel to Banjul. I would email the USC part of the Dakar embassy and inquire.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

WOW! Who quoted you that price???

I go to Banjul from Dakar ALLLLLLLL the time.

I have NEVER paid that much.

You must be getting "taxi quotes".

Just get to the bust stop in the morning. It leaves at about 6-7am. (i'll get the rate in a few)

It goes all the way to banjul.

I have a Delta pass to go and as soon as I get up $406 (my ticket cost), I will be going also. If I get it before you go, I'll travel with you and show you the way. (broke from this whole immigration process & calling hubby lol).

When are you going?

Edited by Leedah

12/25/2004 - Met my future hubby while on trip to Gambia

12/13/2006 - Married my hubby in Gambia (West Africa)

12/08/2007 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock box. USPS Express Mail December 08,'07, 7:44 pm

02/05/2008 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received in mailbox

05/27/2008 - Filed Expedite Request by phone with CSR

06/01/2008 - Received Denial Email

06/05/2008 - Filed 2nd request

06/23/2008 - Expedite Approved

07/27/2008 - NOA2

10/21/2008 - Case complete at NVC (Technically was expedited to embassy)

11/06/2008 - Interview at Dakar Embassy

11/06/2008 - Notice (show more income evidence from petitioner)

11/07/2008 - Case on hold

11/18/2008 - 2nd Interview Date

11/18/2008 - Notice (Show even more income and ORIGINAL docs now from 1st cosponsor

12/23/2008 - Received email for 3rd Interview scheduled for March 25th, 2009. Bring Pics

01/23/2009- In Gambia with hubby

03/25/2009- Interview

04/09/2009- POE Atlanta (CR-1 Status until 2011)

04/13/2009- husband arrested for domestic violence (Aggravated Assault-Felony)

05/19/2009- Filed for divorce

06/02/2009- Letter sent to immigration detailing abuse & fraud

09/08/2009- Divorce Hearing

09/10/2009- Divorce Trial (Continued)

03/11/2010- Notice To Appear issued

03/22/2010- Divorced

05/18/2010- Deportation Master Hearing

05/18/2010- Deportation Ordered

06/17/2010- Appeal Time Over. ICE picked him up. In Jail

08/10/2010- Another Master Hearing Scheduled. Out of jail.

05/31/2012- Individual Hearing Scheduled

Timeline
WOW! Who quoted you that price???

I go to Banjul from Dakar ALLLLLLLL the time.

I have NEVER paid that much.

You must be getting "taxi quotes".

Just get to the bust stop in the morning. It leaves at about 6-7am. (i'll get the rate in a few)

It goes all the way to banjul.

I have a Delta pass to go and as soon as I get up $406 (my ticket cost), I will be going also. If I get it before you go, I'll travel with you and show you the way. (broke from this whole immigration process & calling hubby lol).

When are you going?

Thanks Leedah, I am leaving 12/16. I am going to PM you. (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.