lomeshp

November 2008 Filers

412 posts in this topic

Thanks... Congratulations to Moe_Lisa and Hassan as well!

rightD...Congratulations on approval and for the oath AND getting done...What a relief

One quick question, was your wife asked to show documents to strengthening the proof of marriage and/or anyother documents during the interview or they just went through the application.

They pretty much just went over some of the info on the N-400 (particularly the moral character questions). The only documents they asked for were her passport and green card.

Good luck,

- RightD

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband passed his interview this morning and we are going back for the oath ceremony at 2pm. It was so easy, the guy didn't even ask to see anything we were asked to take to the interview. Just asked him 6 questions and had him write a sentence. It was funny when we saw this guy coming out to get people we both said oh he looks like John Mcain. He was a very nice guy.

Deb

Congratulation to Hassan-Debbie!!...This same day oath thing is great.

DO: Atlanta

Timeline

12/23/2008 N400 sent to Texas

12/25/2008 Forwarded

12/29/2008 Delivered to LEWISVILLE, TX

12/29/2009 Priority date

01/06/2009 Check cashed

01/09/2009 NOA Received

03/03/2009 Called USCIS (Added in interview queue on Feb 25th)

03/27/2009 CFR received

04/30/2009 FP requested through Infopass & Done

05/18/2009 Interview Letter received

06/22/2009 Interview Date & Passed

06/22/2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well our visa and citizenship journey is finally over. The Oath Ceremony in Atlanta Ga. is short and sweet. We were told to be back at 2pm. All the new citizen's were taken into the ceremony room first and processed and given numbers. Then the family was allowed in. We were told we could move around the room and take pictures of our loved ones as they stood and took the Oath and said the pledge of allegience to the flag.

First a woman standing at the podium gave a speech about what it is to be a US Citizen, then she asked them to stand as she called out each country that was represented, then they took their oath and everyone in the room was asked to say the pledge of allegience to the flag.

Afterwards they showed a video of immigrants over the years and played the song "Proud to be an American" by Lee Greenwood. After that the family was asked to leave before the certificates were given out. They did leave the doors open so we could see what was happening but no photos were allowed during this part of the ceremony. No names were called out, each person went up according to the number given to them at the begining before family was allowed in. After everyone was finished we were allowed back into the room to take pictures but we were told no pics behind the podium. We didn't go back in because what was the point if we couldn't take a pic of him accepting the certificate. It was a nice ceremony though and a total of 128 people became citizens there today. We hope everyone here has as easy a time as we did today. In Atlanta if you get a morning interview appointment then you will take your oath in the afternoon.

Good luck everyone.

Hassan & Debbie

Edited by hassan_debbie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone on their approvals and oath ceremonies.

Do you think that some have to wait if they choose to do a name change and notify them at the interview? Just a thought.

Keep changing those names to RED, love it!

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Quick quesiton, what happens to the green card after the interview? If you are approveed, does the officer take it away?

---------------------------------------

1. CR1 Visas [Complete/2005/Total Days: 198]

2. Removal of Conditions [Complete/2007-2008/Total Days: 388]

3. Citizenship [Completed/2008-2009/Total Days: 113]

>> View complete timeline

It took us 1496 days from day I filed I-130 to Citizenship & Oath.

Quick quesiton, what happens to the green card after the interview? If you are approveed, does the officer take it away?

Updating my time line ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

N400 based on 5 years as PR

DO: VSC, Boston

11/26/08 : N-400 Mailed to VSC

12/08/08 : NOA received (I797C) - Received application and processed at NBC

12/15/08: NOA received (I797C) - Received FP notice

12/23/08: FP Completed

01/16/09: IL Received

02/04/09: IL Scheduled - Done (Manchester, NH)

02/19/09: Oath received

03/05/09: Oath Scheduled Date (Manchester, NH)

Filed: Timeline

What I have read on other posts about the issue of name change during the interview is, in that case, they have to take oath in front of judge.

Do you think that some have to wait if they choose to do a name change and notify them at the interview? Just a thought.

Doreen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

We were told to hang on to it until the oath. He was given it back at the interview. We are to make sure we bring it to the oath as at that time it is given to them there and you will not see it again. If we forget to bring it, he will not be able to take the oath. That is what we were told at our interview on Monday.

Hope this helps!

Lisa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

No lomeshp. Your GC ia taken away only after the oath ceremony not after the interview. You need the GC to travel after the interview and before the oath ceremony provided they are not on the same day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The officer took Hassan's green card after approving him at the interview. But Hassan's Oath Ceremony was the same day just a few hours after the interview.

Debbie

Edited by hassan_debbie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline
What I have read on other posts about the issue of name change during the interview is, in that case, they have to take oath in front of judge.

Doreen

In Kansas City, the dept of homeland security is in a building by itself way north of k.c. by the airport. This is an office for immigration issues only. Several who interviewed that day was told the same thing, that they would have to come back and it would be downtown at the federal building. I know one couple had a lawyer and as they came out he was explaining it to them. Even the security guard was talking to me about the cookbook i brought to read and he was telling me the same thing. maybe it varies by offices and what and where they are located. I know my nephew married a girl from South Africa and her interview was 3 years ago and this happened to her the same way. Maybe that is just how some offices are, you have to come back to a different location and date. I wished it was all the same day. My husband had his name change on the N-400 when we submitted it. Would have been so easy for same day.....

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Please join me in wishing the best of luck to the following members for their upcoming interviews next week:

lomeshp (our thread leader): 3/3/09

martingopher: 3/3/09

duomi: 3/3/09

bryand1: 3/5/09

Hope we hear the gr8 news on 3rd and 5th March...

Vital

Thanks vital2006. One more person who also has interview on 3/3 is mavsfan. mavsfan, martingopher and I have interivew on same day, same place, same time..... maybe we should get together before the interview ;)

---------------------------------------

1. CR1 Visas [Complete/2005/Total Days: 198]

2. Removal of Conditions [Complete/2007-2008/Total Days: 388]

3. Citizenship [Completed/2008-2009/Total Days: 113]

>> View complete timeline

It took us 1496 days from day I filed I-130 to Citizenship & Oath.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Cobgratulations already for your sucess! I see that we are moving on!!!! Let's keep the momentum up!

Please join me in wishing the best of luck to the following members for their upcoming interviews next week:

lomeshp (our thread leader): 3/3/09

martingopher: 3/3/09

duomi: 3/3/09

bryand1: 3/5/09

Hope we hear the gr8 news on 3rd and 5th March...

Vital

Thanks vital2006. One more person who also has interview on 3/3 is mavsfan. mavsfan, martingopher and I have interivew on same day, same place, same time..... maybe we should get together before the interview ;)

Here is my Citizenship Timeline:

November 24, 2008 > Application Filed at TSC via United States Postal Service (day 0)

November 26, 2008 > Application delivered to TSC. Confirm by Postal Service (day 2)

December 04, 2008 > Check Cashed (day 9)

December 08, 2008 > NOA 1 in Mail / Case tranferred to National Benefit Center (day 14)

December 15, 2008 > Biometric appointment letter in mail (day 21 )

January 6, 2009 > Biometric appointment (day 43)

February 5, 2009 > Interview appointment letter in the mail (day 74)

March 26, 2009 > Interview date (day 121)

April 6, 2009 > Oath letter in mail (day 132)

April 17, 2009 > Oath ceremony (day 143 )

April 17, 2009 > I am a US Citizen now!!!

April 20, 2009 > Applied for my US passport via USPS Expedite service and mail my voter's registration card application

April 28, 2009 > Received voter's registration card

April 29, 2009 > Received US Passport

Please visit my blog! Your comments are welcomed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.