andy28

1 more question about this Temp EAD

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys!

It seems as though many people have gotten the Temp EAD through Houston (IAH). My fiance and I will be flying from Rio, Brazil and our first stop in the U.S. is at Dallas Fort Worth Airport. After a two-hour stopover in Dallas we then would go on to Houston.

Is the Temp EAD stamp given at the first airport or can we get it at the Houston Airport(which is what we would like)?

Any info would be great, as I'm trying all avenues to get my girl this Temp EAD stamp.

thanks,

andy

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: Timeline

sorry can't answer your question but you do know that the Temp EAD only allows you to work for 90 days then you have to stop work until you get your 1 year EAD after applying for AOS.......

It can take 90 days+ to get the EAD after you have filed for AOS...

Good Luck

Kezzie

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi guys!

It seems as though many people have gotten the Temp EAD through Houston (IAH). My fiance and I will be flying from Rio, Brazil and our first stop in the U.S. is at Dallas Fort Worth Airport. After a two-hour stopover in Dallas we then would go on to Houston.

Is the Temp EAD stamp given at the first airport or can we get it at the Houston Airport(which is what we would like)?

Any info would be great, as I'm trying all avenues to get my girl this Temp EAD stamp.

thanks,

andy

DFW would be your POE, so your only chance to get the stamp is there....

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi guys!

thanks,

andy

Your first stop (in your case DFW) even if it is a very short layover is your POE. We found that out the hard way.

Edited by twellspeak

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hello again!

Thanks for your responses. I really don't understand why the U.S. doesn't have a more organized system with these Temp EAD's. It's making me very stressed out! ;)

I've talked to a family member in the states that's going to call the airport in DFW and see if anybody there can tell us anything. If it's not a sure bet than we'll just fly into Miami (where we can't get an EAD stamp) on our way to Chicago.

This whole process has got to be one of the most stressful things ever....wow how I just want it to end!

thanks again,

andy

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: Timeline

andy,

One clears immigration at the point where they enter the USA (the 'P' in POE). (Except for those few departure locations outside the USA where the CBP has an inspection point.)

Point of clarification - all EADs are temporary, they all expire.

Yodrak

Hi guys!

thanks,

andy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.