Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi guys,finally got a call from the embassy and the lady on the line told me they are processing my visa but they dont have affidavit of support form,these embassy guys are so unreliable they did not ask for it the day of my interview then they have taken like forever to contact after i dhl the passport size photographs,and today asking me to dhl another form?!so how long will the whole process take surely.............................

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi guys,finally got a call from the embassy and the lady on the line told me they are processing my visa but they dont have affidavit of support form,these embassy guys are so unreliable they did not ask for it the day of my interview then they have taken like forever to contact after i dhl the passport size photographs,and today asking me to dhl another form?!so how long will the whole process take surely.............................

Hey Nyatelo, just dhl the form. I know how bad it feels but at least they are processing your visa. Thats the best part. Hope it wont take any longer now. Wish you luck!

Timeline

Hi Nyatelo...yes, just focus on the fact that they are processing your visa :star: That's what really matters. You are blessed with that, trust us. There are so many that get denied or are put through sooooooo much more. All the best.

Edited by Ben and Jill

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

If you feel you were mistreated by a U.S. immigration employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a U.S. immigration employee, you may write to the District Director, or write directly to the:

Department of Homeland Security

USCIS

Attn: Chief, International Operations Division

20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 3300

Washington, DC 20529-2100

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, or if we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Field Office Director at the address given above, or to the:

Timeline

thax to you guys,but do you think iam denied?i got an email today saying my visa is still processed so i should check at my applicant summery for the waybill number.is this a green light?

No, I don't believe you are denied...they've been working on your case and continue to ask you for more, so I think you're fine. Yes! My goodness...check the website to see if you have your DHL confirm! Good luck and I hope it's there waiting for you :star:

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Nyatelo

Hold on there and be patient! I belive they are working on your case

thax to you guys,but do you think iam denied?i got an email today saying my visa is still processed so i should check at my applicant summery for the waybill number.is this a green light?

Edited by shefellfromheaven

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

hi,friends my fiance got an email from the embassy stating that my visa will be ready for collection next week thursday iam so happy,and already parking as im posting this............................thax to you all who help in anyway they could through this journey i will keep in torch.

Timeline

hi,friends my fiance got an email from the embassy stating that my visa will be ready for collection next week thursday iam so happy,and already parking as im posting this............................thax to you all who help in anyway they could through this journey i will keep in torch.

Awwww, Nyatelo, that's fabulous! I'm really happy for you both! Enjoy everything to the fullest. I giggled at "I'm already packing"...that's lovely. Stay blessed.

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

:thumbs: Nyatelo. Good news. Wish you well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello Nairobi Embassy Thread,

My name is Ann and I just got to know about this about 2 weeks ago. I didn't know that a Nairobi thread existed before but I am so happy it does because it seems like the toughest embassy there is...

WOW! I have been reading this thread from the beginning and the emotion here is overwhelming, its like I was there with everyone every step of the way and it is awesome how you can feel so much for people on here. Thank you everyone for the support you have given each other and I hope, you guys can be there for me as well...

We filed our petition in January this year and are hoping for approval in mid June. So we have started looking at what we need for the next step that's why I ended up here and I must say,i'm officially scared. My heart is in my mouth literally with this whole process especially for this step coming up...I think we have all we need but i can't help but feel something is missing...

I don't think my fiance will be able to make it for the interview because he has work and school...I am really scared of the blonde woman and I hope she doesn't interview me at all...I must say, before everything was a bit easy if i may use that and there were more approvals back then compared to today...There are approvals but with more hoops to jump through...I guess I'm just scared and since my fiance wont be here, makes my nerves a wreck...I am looking forward to the NOA2. I know this is the only way we get to be together but I wonder why they have to make it so hard on people who love and care about each other :(

Anyway, i will keep you posted on my journey but for now, we are waiting, waiting and hoping and waiting that our NOA2 comes on time as we gather all the paperwork/documents we will need...this is a great thread and thank you all for helping each other out. God bless each one of you and God see me through and others yet to come on this stressful and emotional roller coaster ride. We all should keep trusting him and hoping for the best.

Glory to God for everyone who has made it through this journey and Good luck and God speed on our side for those of us who are atill in this journey and those yet to come.

14th Jan 2012: I-129f petition filed

23rd Jan 2012: NOA1

26th Jan 2012: NOA1 hard copy

21st Jun 2012 : NOA2 USCIS status changed to POST DECISION ACTIVITY

26th Jun 2012 : NOA2 hard copy

16th Jul 2012 : Fiance given NVC Number.Petition left NVC for Nairobi Embassy

20th Jul 2012 : Petition arrived at Nairobi Embassy

24th Jul 2012 : Email from Nairobi Embassy with Packet 3 instructions

20th&21st Aug 2012 : Medical

30th Aug 2012: Interview (APPROVED)

6th Oct 2012: POE at Washington Dulles Airport

1st Dec 2012: Wedding

14th Dec 2012: AOS filed

19th Dec 2012: I-485, EAD and AP received (text message)

r9qe6hsob.png

tu3c2rfpx.png

bq59yo0zk.png

Timeline

Hello Nick & Ann, welcome to the Nairobi Embassy Thread which was created by "Madwoman" whose husband was also from Uganda. :star: Many thanks to her for starting this thread because it has helped so, so many. Don't be scared...I know it's overwhelming and I knowwwwwwww the blonde woman is scary, lol, but don't let any of that intimidate you. You'll be fine. Many, many of us have glided right through this Embassy with no issues so focus on that. As long as you have frontloaded your I-129F petition with relationship evidence, you hand in your interview paperwork thoroughly organized, etc., you'll be just fine. You just can't give the Embassy any reason to give you a hard time, and you won't if everything is where it belongs. I also encourage you to read through the K-1 visa packet section which is located on the Nairobi Embassy website (http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/visa-packets.html). There's a lot of paperwork involved...the more you read and prepare now, the better off you'll be. Good luck, stay blessed, and we're here for you! :D:)

Edited by Ben and Jill

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

wonderful :dance: :dance:

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Welcome Anne.

I am sure you can do it as long as you have all your documents to support your case. Don't be nervous because that will work against you during the interview. I suggest you read through your petition and think through some of the questions posted here. Keep us posted and good luck in your visa journey :yes:

Hello Nairobi Embassy Thread,

My name is Ann and I just got to know about this about 2 weeks ago. I didn't know that a Nairobi thread existed before but I am so happy it does because it seems like the toughest embassy there is...

WOW! I have been reading this thread from the beginning and the emotion here is overwhelming, its like I was there with everyone every step of the way and it is awesome how you can feel so much for people on here. Thank you everyone for the support you have given each other and I hope, you guys can be there for me as well...

We filed our petition in January this year and are hoping for approval in mid June. So we have started looking at what we need for the next step that's why I ended up here and I must say,i'm officially scared. My heart is in my mouth literally with this whole process especially for this step coming up...I think we have all we need but i can't help but feel something is missing...

I don't think my fiance will be able to make it for the interview because he has work and school...I am really scared of the blonde woman and I hope she doesn't interview me at all...I must say, before everything was a bit easy if i may use that and there were more approvals back then compared to today...There are approvals but with more hoops to jump through...I guess I'm just scared and since my fiance wont be here, makes my nerves a wreck...I am looking forward to the NOA2. I know this is the only way we get to be together but I wonder why they have to make it so hard on people who love and care about each other :(

Anyway, i will keep you posted on my journey but for now, we are waiting, waiting and hoping and waiting that our NOA2 comes on time as we gather all the paperwork/documents we will need...this is a great thread and thank you all for helping each other out. God bless each one of you and God see me through and others yet to come on this stressful and emotional roller coaster ride. We all should keep trusting him and hoping for the best.

Glory to God for everyone who has made it through this journey and Good luck and God speed on our side for those of us who are atill in this journey and those yet to come.

Edited by shefellfromheaven

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.