sam808

The short cut story of my interview experience

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The pre screener asked me for my NBI Clearance, CENOMAR, Thailand Police Clearance, Birth Certificate, Photos, latest chat conversation, Affidavit of Support, ITR's, W-2 Forms. I told him that my fiance's mother is cosponsoring us. He looked at my fiance's ITR and said, you will be ok. He has enough for both of you to live. . He asked me questions like, who is my petitioner, where and when did we meet, how old is he, and when did you come to the Philippines to visit me. And then after that, told me that I could go back to my seat and wait for my number to be called for the final interview with the consul. And there is something strange that I read on my folder. It was a stamped that says APPROVED but I couldn't read what was approved again. How I wish I have a bigger eyes!

The final interview: I went inside and the consul asked me to wait for him because he has to do something just for a few minutes. And so I waited. And when he was back, I was asked to raise my right hand for the oath. So, he asked me who is petitioning for me, how old is he, what does he do for living, how we met, when we met, the date of his visit here, and also he asked me to tell him what happened after our very first talk (our love story), if he has ever been married, the date of his divorce, does he have a child, a girl or a boy, for how long does he and his ex wife lived together, do I have a child, , what is my fiance's educational attainment, about my work experience, what I did in Thailand (I worked as a teacher and a school nurse, and so he said, so you are a nurse), the dates of my visit in Thailand (I said 2003, 2005, 2007 and in 2007, I went there for a visit only), which part of Thailand I have worked, the kind of job that I did, and he looked at the photos and pointed out at 2 photos and asked me where was it and then he was smiling, when do we plan to get married, and everytime I answer him, he said "Ok and he was looking and typing something at the computer". And after the so many questions, he wrote something like "ready for..........", too bad I couldn't read the other words anymore. He told me "ok, you may go back to your seat outside and wait for your name to to be called". Before I left, I asked him, "excuse me sir, can I just asked if I passed the interview or not?". He answered me, "oh yes, you do.... blah blah blah.... I can't remember the other things that he said anymore because I just said "oh yes thank you so much". and the last thing that he said was "good luck". Then I left.

I went right away to window 37 and the lady gave me back the photos, the chat conversation which was 5 pages and my appointment letter and the PINK SLIP and told me to go to Delbros and pay for the visa delivery fee.

My question is, does passing the interview means that my visa is approved? I should have asked the consul whether my visa is approved or not but I asked if I passed the interview or not instead.

Edited by sam808

The pre screener asked me for my NBI Clearance, CENOMAR, Thailand Police Clearance, Birth Certificate, Photos, latest chat conversation, Affidavit of Support, ITR's, W-2 Forms. I told him that my fiance's mother is cosponsoring us. He looked at my fiance's ITR and said, you will be ok. He has enough for both of you to live. . He asked me questions like, who is my petitioner, where and when did we meet, how old is he, and when did you come to the Philippines to visit me. And then after that, told me that I could go back to my seat and wait for my number to be called for the final interview with the consul. And there is something strange that I read on my folder. It was a stamped that says APPROVED but I couldn't read what was approved again. How I wish I have a bigger eyes!

The final interview: I went inside and the consul asked me to wait for him because he has to do something just for a few minutes. And so I waited. And when he was back, I was asked to raise my right hand for the oath. So, he asked me who is petitioning for me, how old is he, what does he do for living, how we met, when we met, the date of his visit here, and also he asked me to tell him what happened after our very first talk (our love story), if he has ever been married, the date of his divorce, does he have a child, a girl or a boy, for how long does he and his ex wife lived together, do I have a child, , what is my fiance's educational attainment, about my work experience, what I did in Thailand (I worked as a teacher and a school nurse, and so he said, so you are a nurse), the dates of my visit in Thailand (I said 2003, 2005, 2007 and in 2007, I went there for a visit only), which part of Thailand I have worked, the kind of job that I did, and he looked at the photos and pointed out at 2 photos and asked me where was it and then he was smiling, when do we plan to get married, and everytime I answer him, he said "Ok and he was looking and typing something at the computer". And after the so many questions, he wrote something like "ready for..........", too bad I couldn't read the other words anymore. He told me "ok, you may go back to your seat outside and wait for your name to to be called". Before I left, I asked him, "excuse me sir, can I just asked if I passed the interview or not?". He answered me, "oh yes, you do.... blah blah blah.... I can't remember the other things that he said anymore because I just said "oh yes thank you so much". and the last thing that he said was "good luck". Then I left.

I went right away to window 37 and the lady gave me back the photos, the chat conversation which was 5 pages and my appointment letter and the PINK SLIP and told me to go to Delbros and pay for the visa delivery fee.

My question is, does passing the interview means that my visa is approved? I should have asked the consul whether my visa is approved or not but I asked if I passed the interview or not instead.

Your visa is definitely approved,you just have to be a little patient and wait for it, congratulations!

Marriage : June 30,2007 (Fernwood Gardens,QC Phils)

K3 Visa Application

I-130 sent: July 14,2007

I-130 Noa1: July 31,2007

I-130 Noa2: Mar 14,2008 (approved within 242 days)

I-129f sent: Aug 07,2007

I-129f Noa1: Aug 21,2007

I-129f Noa2: Mar 14,2008 (approved within 219 days)

NVC Received: Apr 01,2008

NVC Left: Apr 03,2008

Usem received: Apr 08,2008

2 days medical: May 15 and May 16,2008

Interview date: May 29,2008 (Approved with pink slip only)

Visa Received: June 04,2008 (visa received within 6 days only)

US Entry: June 23,2008

EAD Application only- (AOS application later-late next year)

Date filed: July 09,2008

Noa date: July 10,2008

Bio. Appt.: Aug 27,2008

Approved date: Oct 08,2008 (approved within 91 days)

Date card received: Oct 14,2008

SSN Application:

Date filed: Oct 15,2008

Receipt Notice: Oct 21,2008

Date card received: Oct 30,2008

June 30, 2009- Our 2nd Year Wedding Anniversary!

AOS Application (Hoping for 10 yr greencard)

Date filed/Sent: Nov 28, 2009

Received (by L Box): Nov 30,2009

Noa Date (Mail): Dec 10, 2009

Bio. Appt.: Jan 05, 2010

AOS Interview (Thank God! No RFE)

AOS Notice date: Feb 11, 2010

AOS Interview date: Mar 17,2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
ahh so nice :)

hopefully it will happen to me soon as well

Your visa approved. Congrat.

Case complate : August 27th 2008 , Interview date will on Oct 29th 2008

Package forwarded to Local embassy : Sept 11th 2008

Package received : Sept 15th 2008

Receive interview mail : Sept 30, 2008

Medical check : Oct 1st 2008 passed

Vaccination : Oct 1st 2008 , OK got 2 shots

New Interview date : Oct 21st 2008 VISA APPROVED AND ISSUED

POE at Phoenix : NOV 28th smooth

Receive Welcome letter and SSN : Dec 17th 2008

Green card received : Dec 22th 2008

Were you asked if you paid for Document Verification?? thanks

wow so excited to hear......congrats sam808 and good luck! :thumbs:

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

congratulations! and yes i would assume you were approved.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No I wasn't asked for document verification. I paid it September 15 I guess.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.