Clark needs help

Affadavit of support question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was reading some procedures on when to submit this form. I know that you submit this to the NVC, but im confused at something. On a website I read that when a spouse or relative goes in for their interview abroad, they have to bring an affadavit of support. My question is, is it my affadavit of support? Do I have to make 2 copies and send her one as well as send one to NVC?? I just dont want to make a mistake since this is a long journey. Please enlighten me, thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was reading some procedures on when to submit this form. I know that you submit this to the NVC, but im confused at something. On a website I read that when a spouse or relative goes in for their interview abroad, they have to bring an affadavit of support. My question is, is it my affadavit of support? Do I have to make 2 copies and send her one as well as send one to NVC?? I just dont want to make a mistake since this is a long journey. Please enlighten me, thank you!

The beneficiary will bring of the Petitioner's NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT on the day of her interview.She will just need 1 copy.

You don't need to send it to NVC.

GOodluck to your spouse' interview

Depends on what type of visa you are doing.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

My wife lives in the Philippines, and I plan to take the cr1 visa route, so how should i do the affadavit of support? send one to nvc wen iasked, and give my wife a copy as well??

My wife lives in the Philippines, and I plan to take the cr1 visa route, so how should i do the affadavit of support? send one to nvc wen iasked, and give my wife a copy as well??

When you get the notice from NVC you will include an I-864 with the other requested forms. Depending on the consulate in question - you may either send the forms to them, or asked to bring them to the consulate/embassy. (To clarify a previous post- the I-864 is not notarized.)

A step-by-step guide can be found HERE. :thumbs:

:time: <---this will help others help you...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

First off, Affidavit of support for CR-1 visa isn’t notarized, petitioner need to use form i-864 for CR-1 visa. Other visa, such as K-3 and K-1 use notarized i-134 as AOS form.

Yes you will have to submit i-864, along with your employment letter, your past 3 years (can also submit just past 1 year) tax papers, pay stubs and all the other minute details which you will get in the guides.

NVC forwards all the original documents to respective consulate upon case completion, so your AOS package will be sent to Manila before your wife’s interview, BUT it is advisable that she keeps a copy of AOS with her anyways, so whatever you sent to NVC, do make photocopies of it and do send that whole package to your wife too, she might need it if CO asks some questions regarding AOS.

Have a smooth journey ahead :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When you petition is aproved by uscis . it automatically gets sent to the local nvc closest to your place of residence . once nvc have processed your paperwork nvc will send all the required paperwork to you just follow their instruction . And they will send the k packet to your fiancee .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.