jen_and_nate

Where to send I-129f if I'm "between" states?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

I’m not sure if this should go here or under the service center forum, but I’ll try here… I am getting ready to send off the I-129f package for my British fiancé to get a K-1 visa. However, I don’t know which service center to send it to because I’m kind of “between” states. I was living in Michigan until the past few weeks when I came to Kentucky to stay with my mom before I fly to Britain for a few months. So currently, I am residing in Kentucky and will return to Kentucky in January for a few weeks, but will then move back to Michigan. Should I file through the Vermont center since that is the one for Kentucky? I will be using my mom’s Kentucky address for the application. Will it be a problem that I will move to Michigan (which goes through the California center) next year while the K-1 process is still going? Will they have to transfer the case to the California center or keep it with the Vermont one?

Also, the I-129f asks where he will live once he moves here. When I get back from visiting him in January, I will go to Michigan and get an apartment. I don’t know the address yet, so can I just write that he will be living in an apartment in Michigan with me?

Sorry for so many question! This is so confusing with two states! Thanks for any help!

Jen

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would use your permanent address for everything and make sure someone is there to pick up your mail and forward it to you. You want to be careful here.....there is a lot of paperwork that goes back and forth and you dont' want it lost somewhere.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

I’m not sure if this should go here or under the service center forum, but I’ll try here… I am getting ready to send off the I-129f package for my British fiancé to get a K-1 visa. However, I don’t know which service center to send it to because I’m kind of “between” states. I was living in Michigan until the past few weeks when I came to Kentucky to stay with my mom before I fly to Britain for a few months. So currently, I am residing in Kentucky and will return to Kentucky in January for a few weeks, but will then move back to Michigan. Should I file through the Vermont center since that is the one for Kentucky? I will be using my mom’s Kentucky address for the application. Will it be a problem that I will move to Michigan (which goes through the California center) next year while the K-1 process is still going? Will they have to transfer the case to the California center or keep it with the Vermont one?

Also, the I-129f asks where he will live once he moves here. When I get back from visiting him in January, I will go to Michigan and get an apartment. I don’t know the address yet, so can I just write that he will be living in an apartment in Michigan with me?

Sorry for so many question! This is so confusing with two states! Thanks for any help!

Jen

Apply based on the residence at the time of filing... It is best to use a valid address that you can receive mail at during the entire time... If you move post filing they will NOT transfer your case to a different service center. Doing an address change while in process has created heartburn for many... Avoid this if possible

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for your responses... What about for question 14 on the I-129f (Address in the US where your fiancé intends to live.)? I don't have the address since I haven't chosen an apartment yet. Do I have to put a specific address, or can I say that he will be living with me in Michigan in an apartment that I haven't gotten yet?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for your responses... What about for question 14 on the I-129f (Address in the US where your fiancé intends to live.)? I don't have the address since I haven't chosen an apartment yet. Do I have to put a specific address, or can I say that he will be living with me in Michigan in an apartment that I haven't gotten yet?

Put the best available answer at the time of filing...

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.