angie007

Is it ok to get medical done twice?

6 posts in this topic

hello folks...so I had my medical done at Seiden's on Sept 22, it was all good except he heard a murmur in my heart, so he sent me to my family doctor and have an echo cardiogram done..So, i went to my doctor and they got me an appoinment after two weeks (Oct 6),I thought id have a heart attack just waiting for the damn appoinment. So, the lady at Cardiology clinic told me,they're gonna send the result to my doctor after two weeks..and so I waited patiently (again!!)....and on Oct 20, I called my doctor and her secretary said that the result just came in but I have to have it done again because my doctor isnt satisfied with the result. So, they got me another appoinment for echocardiogram but this time it is in a hospital, and guess what, I have to wait for 3 weeks (Nov 19)because that is the earliest appointment..I was so upset. But i tried my luck, called the hospital and ask for an early appointment. Luckily they got an available spot the next day.. but it is way to damn hard to wait for the results,it's killing me,and I am worried that this my doctor will find something uninteresting but will make it interesting..you know what i mean? I regret having this family doctor of mine.

I was thinking to have another medical done at medysis..I know its gonna cost me again but they might find me just fine..coz i feel good..Like the lady said at the cardiology clinic, that almost everybody has murmur...and its fine.You think this is a good idea? to have my medical done again?anybody please..

May 2000 - first time we met

June 2000 - started dating

Feb.16, 2008 - filed for K1

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

July 31, 2008 - Package received ny NVC

Aug. 5, 2008 -Recieved by Montreal Consulate

Sept.12, 2008 -Packet 3 received

Sept.17, 2008 -Packet 3 sent

Dec. 12, 2008 -Packet 4 received

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 20, 2009 - K1 visa received

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

April 9, 2009 - filed for application

April 15, 2009 - NOA received for I-1485,EAD, & AP

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

May 26, 2009 - AP received

May 26, 2009 - card production ordered for EAD

June 5, 2009 - EAD received

July 7, 2009 - Interview appointment received

Aug 20, 2009 - Interview---approved

Sept 2, 2009 - Card recieved

hello folks...so I had my medical done at Seiden's on Sept 22, it was all good except he heard a murmur in my heart, so he sent me to my family doctor and have an echo cardiogram done..So, i went to my doctor and they got me an appoinment after two weeks (Oct 6),I thought id have a heart attack just waiting for the damn appoinment. So, the lady at Cardiology clinic told me,they're gonna send the result to my doctor after two weeks..and so I waited patiently (again!!)....and on Oct 20, I called my doctor and her secretary said that the result just came in but I have to have it done again because my doctor isnt satisfied with the result. So, they got me another appoinment for echocardiogram but this time it is in a hospital, and guess what, I have to wait for 3 weeks (Nov 19)because that is the earliest appointment..I was so upset. But i tried my luck, called the hospital and ask for an early appointment. Luckily they got an available spot the next day.. but it is way to damn hard to wait for the results,it's killing me,and I am worried that this my doctor will find something uninteresting but will make it interesting..you know what i mean? I regret having this family doctor of mine.

I was thinking to have another medical done at medysis..I know its gonna cost me again but they might find me just fine..coz i feel good..Like the lady said at the cardiology clinic, that almost everybody has murmur...and its fine.You think this is a good idea? to have my medical done again?anybody please..

Your health is the most important thing in this whole scheme of things. You don't know yet what the results are of the latest test, and you're not going to be denied your visa based on this test. There are lots of people who have a murmur and do quite fine. If you do have one, you'll want to know so that you can tell your Dr. in the US once you're here and they can monitor it. There is no sense making another medical appointment. Have you completed the rest of your medical with Seiden's for the Consulate other than them forwarding you to your own Dr. for this test?

Take a deep breath and know that whatever is going on is to benefit you and make sure you know all about your health risks!

Wishing you the best.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A heart murmur is not a reason for visa ineligibility.... however, it is more important for you to determine the reasons and begin any treatment program to resolve this... for your own good!

YMMV

thank you guys ..you made me feel better..I wish i am in your position right now, spending time with your love ones...

yes carlawarla I did complete the medical but I don't have it in my hands yet since they are waiting for my echocardiogram result from my family doctor.....i guess you're right,there 's no point on going for another medical exam...I'm just stressed out waiting for the result..I want it to be all good...

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

thank you guys ..you made me feel better..I wish i am in your position right now, spending time with your love ones...

yes carlawarla I did complete the medical but I don't have it in my hands yet since they are waiting for my echocardiogram result from my family doctor.....i guess you're right,there 's no point on going for another medical exam...I'm just stressed out waiting for the result..I want it to be all good...

I hope things turn out well for you. Please come back and let us know!

carlahmsb4.gif

I hope things turn out well for you. Please come back and let us know!

ok..thanks..you're so sweet

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.