Morning Sunshine

Muslim Voters in America

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
If he does give a damn, would be a lot more concerned about my 30 year old female neighbor with a seven year old daughter. She serves in the National Guard and is slated to go to Iraq this summer. She had to go down to New Orleans for a couple of months with Katrina, that's part of being in the National Guard, besides making a couple of bucks more a month for support with the high inflation and jobs being shipped overseas, but that was only for a couple of months, Audrey, her daughter, a precious little girl stayed with her grandmother. But we are talking about 18 months here, to me, that is criminal, especially from a draft dodger president.

Just out of curiosity, what year did your neighbor enlist or last reinlist?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
It's not a merely a matter of how a policy affects me; I'm not so narcissistic to approach matters that way.I am judged by my values and gay marriage doesn't fit there.

The whole anti-muslim thing has really bothered me. It shouldnt matter what religion a candidate is, but rather their standing on the issues. I don't want a president that's too tightly affiliated with ANY religion. They need to have the best interests of all citizens at hand.

And sorry VW, but I don't see how having the government determine who we can marry and what is best for our family to be endorsing personal responsibility. Why does it matter to you if 2 men or women marry? Its not going to hurt you. We are judged on our own actions, not those of others.

VW: Since when did abortions and gay rights affect muslims? We can not get involved in those issues anyway. So, it is none of your business if two gay people marry or not. Also, it is not your business if someone has an abortion. I do not agree either is right, but denying people their rights is not fair either because the main thing you need to remember is "God is the final judge". You have no right to tell people what to do, leave that up to God. If McCain was so great then how come he hates muslims and blacks. Why vote for a racist man to be in the office? This will not benefit anyone. I guess if Obama gets in you will cry right? Well, I want to see what you post if he gets in the office. All you mention is the things that do not pertain to most muslims and over look McCain's age, racism, and desire to go to war. He likes war and wants to put us in war and he is a replica of Bush. Now tell me where do you find any good in this man? He is old and set in his ways and if he falls ill during his term we will be stuck with Palin as our president. "Like gag me with a spoon"-------ew.....yuck! I can't bare the thought of that lady being in charge of the country. If she does I will seriously move to another country; as will many others. I am tired of republicans screwing up this country and helping the rich get richer and the middle-class get stuck in the mud. There is a need for change in America and only Obama can bring it. Truth can't be denied, in the end the best man will win! God knows best!

Edited by ~Dream Love~

Filed: Other Timeline
I'm Muslim and I will never vote 4 a party with a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, lack of personal responsiblity platform. I don't need pols 2 kiss my Muslim butt, even if they did, I wouldn't vote 4 a party that promotes dependency and victimization, like the Dims do. My vote won't sell my soul.

But you'll vote for a party who demonized your entire race as 'evildoers'? Who built the No-Fly list which targets people of your race? Which created the Patriot Act which gives the government free will to investigate any and all or your business if they suspicion you of subversive activity?

But you'll vote for a party who demonized your entire race as 'evildoers'? Who built the No-Fly list which targets people of your race? Which created the Patriot Act which gives the government free will to investigate any and all or your business if they suspicion you of subversive activity?

Can you show me the thousands of people whose little lives have actually been affected by this, in a negative way?

Every liberal and every second Hollywood film spreads false propaganda about how wrong the patriot act is but I am yet to see many cases where it has been abused. American liberals have mastered fear mongering yet managed to swing this on republicans who are actually trying to protect Americans, regardless of race. To the American liberal fear mongering only comes in the form of big brother is watching. Which in the developed world is called proactive security. American liberals many want to look up this concept some time; When they are not busy ridiculing and protesting about bull #######.

Whereas the constant negative views of the government is out to get you and come in your bedroom propaganda is not fear mongering. Something that is erroneous and stupid to begin with.

Edited by Aficionado

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

I'm Muslim and I will never vote 4 a party with a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, lack of personal responsiblity platform. I don't need pols 2 kiss my Muslim butt, even if they did, I wouldn't vote 4 a party that promotes dependency and victimization, like the Dims do. My vote won't sell my soul.

Well, shame on you then for promoting and voting for people who make fun of your religion, race, etc...

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Can you show me the thousands of people whose little lives have actually been affected by this, in a negative way?

Every liberal and every second Hollywood film spreads false propaganda about how wrong the patriot act is but I am yet to see many cases where it has been abused. American liberals have mastered fear mongering yet managed to swing this on republicans who are actually trying to protect Americans, regardless of race. To the American liberal fear mongering only comes in the form of big brother is watching. Which in the developed world is called proactive security. American liberals many want to look up this concept some time; When they are not busy ridiculing and protesting about bull #######.

Whereas the constant negative views of the government is out to get you and come in your bedroom propaganda is not fear mongering. Something that is erroneous and stupid to begin with.

If a neighbour of yours calls in that you have been behaving suspiciously (even if they just don't like your face), the next thing that will happen is you may walk into your place to find your home ripped apart and then if the authorities are waiting for you, your left cheek smashed onto the ground whilst your right cheek has a boot on it.

Off to jail with no phone call.

You will have disappeared from civilization and your family will even have trouble finding out where you are.

It is that serious...and true.

We are living in really, really bad times now.

Our civil liberties have been eroded.

And this did not just happen.

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Well, shame on you then for promoting and voting for people who make fun of your religion, race, etc...

Do you think liberal democrats are open minded and tolerant of those with any religious beliefs.

The republicans who attacked the religion did so out of fear and lack of understanding. Whereas liberals tend to attack all religions out of pure hatred.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

If a neighbour of yours calls in that you have been behaving suspiciously (even if they just don't like your face), the next thing that will happen is you may walk into your place to find your home ripped apart and then if the authorities are waiting for you, your left cheek smashed onto the ground whilst your right cheek has a boot on it.

You will have disappeared from civilization and your family will even have trouble finding out where you are.

These are all IFs. These same paranoid people should be more concerned about America's ridiculous homicide and crime rate rather than the government, or a neighbor, planning some sort of conspiracy.

American Civil liberties are a joke. Tell me, what do Canadians think of America's civil liberties. I have never ever met anyone abroad who has been like wow the pre 2001 American liberties are the best in the world. They are so lucky. Quite the contrary actually.

Lets not even start with what Europeans think about America's first amendment.

Edited by Aficionado

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Democrats hate Muslims, too. Obama runs away at any mention of Muslims or Islam, denies his Muslim background coz he knows it's a losing stance. People on this board make fun of Muslims. A joke about a Muslim terrorist got laughs here. I should hate people here because most are ignorant of us? I don't vote for liberals, I won't be shamed into doing that. Shaming is part of some Arab cultures, and you guys suck at it anyway.

I want a president who has some redeeming qualities I can respect. Being able to make a good speech and saying what people want to hear is not what I ask for. I have no respect for Obama; he is all style and no substance. After all the sacrifices so many sincere people made for civil rights, I regret that the first Black president will be a man so unworthy of the office, but, if he is, so be it. I will go on. I always have, masha'allah.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
The republicans who attacked the religion did so out of fear and lack of understanding. Whereas liberals tend to attack all religions out of pure hatred.

:thumbs:

People who curse religion and make fun of me on other threads for expressing views that follow the tenets of my faith now come here to tell me they want better for my faith than I do? Damn hypocrites!

Edited by Virtual wife

These are all IFs. These same paranoid people should be more concerned about America's ridiculous homicide and crime rate rather than the government, or a neighbor, planning some sort of conspiracy.

American Civil liberties are a joke. Tell me, what do Canadians think of America's civil liberties. I have never ever met anyone abroad who has been like wow the pre 2001 American liberties are the best in the world. They are so lucky. Quite the contrary actually.

Lets not even start with what Europeans think about America's first amendment.

There is enough reason to feel twinges of paranoia these days...

sigh.

You're right.

As a Canadian interested in freedom(s), I have observed how quickly it has dissolved in the U.S.

And it is so sad considering there are so many people here with so many great ideas.

Where are they when it truly counts?

Squashed?

Yes, actually many of them are.

When I went to see Naomi Wolf speak, one story stood out more than all the others for me.

Her young daughter was away at camp all Summer and none of her letters got to her mom.

And mail that did arrive was ripped open and left in shambles.

USPS was shocked and said they had delivered it in good condition.

Perhaps between it being delivered and Naomi getting home it was ransacked by some guys in dark suits.

When she had to tell her daughter that none of her letters had made it home, the young girl was terrified...as was/is her mom.

You only know you have lost a freedom when you try to assert your civil liberty/liberties and discover you cannot.

My USC partner disagrees with my point of view.

That is because he is the poster boy for a good USian....he never asks questions and lets sleeping dogs lie.

Over & out, Spirit

Do you think liberal democrats are open minded and tolerant of those with any religious beliefs.

I can almost not respond to this..it is so wrong.

1. If the word liberal is to mean open and accepting, then perhaps you all have used the wrong term.

2. How can you say such thing after listening to how your typical racist person talks/spews...and they are most probably Republican.

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

No one needs to even show who has been negatively affected. It merely needs to be shown why it is subversive to the rights of any Americans, particularly not to be spied on all of the time, unless engaging in suspicious activities, and a warrant to do searches of private things, as that is proof of suspicion and documented. These are the things you do -- it's called oversight and accountability. No oversight, no accountability, stupid fvcking idea. It's impossible to know how many it's effected because they don't call it "state secrets" for nothing.

The problem isn't Hollywood, the problem isn't "liberals". These are your problems.

Democrats hate Muslims, too. Obama runs away at any mention of Muslims or Islam, denies his Muslim background coz he knows it's a losing stance. People on this board make fun of Muslims. A joke about a Muslim terrorist got laughs here. I should hate people here because most are ignorant of us? I don't vote for liberals, I won't be shamed into doing that. Shaming is part of some Arab cultures, and you guys suck at it anyway.

I want a president who has some redeeming qualities I can respect. Being able to make a good speech and saying what people want to hear is not what I ask for. I have no respect for Obama; he is all style and no substance. After all the sacrifices so many sincere people made for civil rights, I regret that the first Black president will be a man so unworthy of the office, but, if he is, so be it. I will go on. I always have, masha'allah.

Okay, the one thing I can agree with you here is quite huge:

if Obama is indeed Muslim or had any interest in the religion and his publicists are blatantly declaring that he is a CHRISTIAN, then he should be most ashamed.

I, for one would have appreciated a presidential candidate that would respond with, "That is none of the country's business. Religion plays no matter in politics."

Oh yes, quite the idealist, as I said.

People do strange thing to get a position.

Like tons of mud slinging when they have nothing of value to add to a conversation.

Over & out, Spirit