Morning Sunshine

Muslim Voters in America

90 posts in this topic

Obama has always been a Christian? News to me.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not that it should matter, right?

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
For people who pride themselves on their intellect you sure do make some wild, unsubstantiated and completely false accusations.

It seems again, that the personal emotional involvement with this topic has led to some to take leave of their senses and spread more smeer and lies.

If you think liberals attacks on religion is unsubstantiated, hearsay and generalizing, then what can I say. Because no matter what evidence I present to you, you will pull a six.

Well, I may be considered liberal by most measures of political doctrine. And to be specific, I do see cases of some subscribers to atheistic doctrine also subscribing to liberal political doctrine. That act to quench religious discourse from public institutions via constitutional law. Much like I also see many more subscribers of religious doctrines that also subscribe to conservative political doctrine that act to impose religious discourse on the rest of society using history to claim common sense.

Who's right? IMO, neither. Religion should be inclusive for all to decide and to embrace or reject- but not by complete severance and most definitely not by imposition. The middle ground is for people to realize that one side does not have the right to impose its view on the other.

There is no need to polarize religion of any sort and to tie it in to politics unless the political doctrine itself wants to be religious. In which case it needs to be honest with itself and its follower base.

I am not familiar with anything more that some people asking for religious symbols to be removed from public places and for there to be no imposition of christianity in public schools. Neither of those things promote an athiest view, in my opinion. However, if there are groups who wish to secularize institutions to the extent that religion is supressed then yes, that would be wrong and potentially dangerous.

"Christmas was declared a United States Federal holiday in 1870, signed into law by President Ulysses S. Grant."

"Christmas Day or Christmastide, is an annual holiday celebrated on December 25 that marks and honors the birth of Jesus of Nazareth."

Only thing is until recently, public buildings are no longer permitted to show any reference to Jesus or the nativity, and schools are not permitted to refer the Christmas Holiday vacation period with that nasty Christmas word in it. Now called either the Winter Holiday Season.

Oh, and a very Merry Winter Holiday Season to all of you.

Estimated that 95% of Americans celebrate Christmas, ha, watch out for that other 5 or less %. But since congress made this law, they can repeal it, but do not feel the corporations or stores would be happy with that.

"Christmas was declared a United States Federal holiday in 1870, signed into law by President Ulysses S. Grant."

"Christmas Day or Christmastide, is an annual holiday celebrated on December 25 that marks and honors the birth of Jesus of Nazareth."

Only thing is until recently, public buildings are no longer permitted to show any reference to Jesus or the nativity, and schools are not permitted to refer the Christmas Holiday vacation period with that nasty Christmas word in it. Now called either the Winter Holiday Season.

Oh, and a very Merry Winter Holiday Season to all of you.

Estimated that 95% of Americans celebrate Christmas, ha, watch out for that other 5 or less %. But since congress made this law, they can repeal it, but do not feel the corporations or stores would be happy with that.

How many countries celebrate Christmas?

More than 160 countries celebrate Christmas. A few countries refer to the holiday as Family Day, including Angola and Uruguay. Some countries--like Jordan and Pakistan--designate December 25th as an official holiday only for Christians.

How many other countries celebrate and have a day off on Good Friday.

Including:

In Muslim-majority Indonesia, Good Friday is a national holiday. All government offices, schools and certain businesses are closed on Good Friday by law and many newspapers choose not to publish on this day. Public holiday is also observed in Singapore and in the Malaysian states of Sabah and Sarawak.
Edited by Aficionado

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

It doesn't to me at all. But it seems to matter to Obama and his supporters. It's just more smoke and mirrors for no apparent reason.

I believe a person can choose any religion they want. Some religions say you can never leave. Who's intolerant?

But Obama 'always a Christian'? You people aren't that stupid.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It doesn't to me at all. But it seems to matter to Obama and his supporters. It's just more smoke and mirrors for no apparent reason.

I believe a person can choose any religion they want. Some religions say you can never leave. Who's intolerant?

But Obama 'always a Christian'? You people aren't that stupid.

Yeah, I'm not surprised to label that as pure Bullsh!t. Last I checked it wasn't exactly Obama supporters making a fuss about Arabs and muslims. Perhaps you have a special slant on reality you could explain here without trying yet another sh!tpot one-liner? Not trying to be unfriendly there... seriously. :lol:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Timeline
Facts backward ;)

Obama was raised by his white, christian grandparents PEOPLE. He was raised as a christian for crying outloud. Even if he was not who gives a care. Look at all the good muslim doctors in the world. Also, color wise he is still a good candidate. Blacks invented many useful things in this world today and get very little credit for it. Some people need to forget race and religion. Why do they care about that anyway? God made us all different for a reason.-To learn from each other, not to hate and disrespect each other. If we are good enough for God to love all of us no matter what we look like; then what right do we have to hate each other? That is totally messed up to hate someone for an ignorant reason like that. Also, McCain wont do anything but keep feeding all of us the same ####### his replica has been feeding us for all these years. He is all talk and he will not be able to do anything at all other than get our country further in debt. I do not see how voting for Obama would be "selling you soul". To vote for a racist "#######" to me would be more close to it. There is a good and bad side to both of the candidates but look at McCain's pick for VP; Palin has borrowed money from the govt to get a new wardrobe. That is the kind of stuff she will do if she gets into the office. Is this fair? If you think so then you are one sick puppy.

Edited by ~Dream Love~

As for Virtual*@# she needs to wake up and smell the coffee. She has serious issues if she believes McCain will help any of us! I do not know her issue!

so using profanity gets your point across even more so, eh? :rolleyes:

Obama '08

Edited by ~Dream Love~

Facts backward ;)

Obama was raised by his white, christian grandparents PEOPLE. He was raised as a christian for crying outloud. Even if he was not who gives a care. Look at all the good muslim doctors in the world. Also, color wise he is still a good candidate. Blacks invented many useful things in this world today and get very little credit for it. Some people need to forget race and religion. Why do they care about that anyway? God made us all different for a reason.-To learn from each other, not to hate and disrespect each other. If we are good enough for God to love all of us no matter what we look like; then what right do we have to hate each other? That is totally messed up to hate someone for an ignorant reason like that. Also, McCain wont do anything but keep feeding all of us the same ####### his replica has been feeding us for all these years. He is all talk and he will not be able to do anything at all other than get our country further in debt. I do not see how voting for Obama would be "selling you soul". To vote for a racist "#######" to me would be more close to it. There is a good and bad side to both of the candidates but look at McCain's pick for VP; Palin has borrowed money from the govt to get a new wardrobe. That is the kind of stuff she will do if she gets into the office. Is this fair? If you think so then you are one sick puppy.

*The above statement was to the airheads, not to the ones who understand who should really be running things here in America. It's time for change and when we say change it means: get the airheads out of the office who keep messing up this country and put some new blood in so we can get our country back together before our economy falls so deep into a bottomless pit that we will never be able to get ourselves out of it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Facts backward ;)

*The above statement was to the airheads, not to the ones who understand who should really be running things here in America. It's time for change and when we say change it means: get the airheads out of the office who keep messing up this country and put some new blood in so we can get our country back together before our economy falls so deep into a bottomless pit that we will never be able to get ourselves out of it.

:rolleyes:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Facts backward ;)

As for Virtual*@# she needs to wake up and smell the coffee. She has serious issues if she believes McCain will help any of us! I do not know her issue!

so using profanity gets your point across even more so, eh? :rolleyes:

Obama '08

In the first post, DL, you go on about how we should respect each other and not hate each other, but before that, you were being quite hateful and disrespectful to me. In PM, you implied I was a racist for not supporting Obama, yet I left you with well wishes. You come here and curse at me to try to get me to agree with you. Fat chance! I'm not going for anything that will allow idiots to run around calling anyone a racist whom they don''t agree with or who doesn't fall in with their crowd or their candidate, and there's plenty of evidence on this thread that that is the shape of things to come from the regime of the Great Unitor.